Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
She does have the sheep to keep her company though Steve. Silver linings an all that.
They were from New Zealand, so they'll be deported soon, mate.

EDIT: Even though New Zealand isn't actually in Europe. What a twit.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Least they've got the general idea which is more than some remainers had.
How do you figure? Remainers could point to... well, exactly how things already were as an idea of how things are.... It's hard to discount the validity of the way things actually are.

And I repeat, 100% False statements don't lead to a "general idea" they are just populating peoples opinion with completely fabricated bullshit.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Also lads, don't get yourself arrested on holiday.
Not sure if its a sarcastic comment or not. However there's a reason why Cameron resigned. If I was him, I would do the same thing. The EU can be quite an arse on issues that cant care less about. We learnt the hard way with illegal immigration

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Addendum - they gain the most from EU, out of any country in the EU. Instead they've put themselves in the hands of a London tory government.

It's like a darwin award nomination.
The Tories will be blaming the EU for being evil and not agreeing to their superb trade deals, and thus still be getting all their votes.

Classical Mechanic

Educate me. Go.
The dilution of your democratic rights. Full sovereignty. The EU rejecting democratic votes from member states. The EU rejecting the legitimacy of a democratically elected Greek government.

Essentially the EU being a undemocratic and unaccountable institution that believed it was untouchable and free to do as it pleased.

SteveJ

Scout
Farage also gave my Nan new windows and a kitchen; but no house.

devilish

The dilution of your democratic rights. Full sovereignty. The EU rejecting democratic votes from member states. The EU rejecting the legitimacy of a democratically elected Greek government.

Essentially the EU being a undemocratic and unaccountable institution that believed it was untouchable and free to do as it pleased.
Please stop mentioning Greece. The EU was already too nice not to kick Greece out after what it did. Instead they tried to help (not without self centered interest mind you)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Naah. saw a lot of sheep between Auckland and Roturua on my last visit...
You should visit the museum in Wellington mate, believe me... they go into it in some depth. I was surprised at the level of depth. :lol:

South Island apparently used to be famed for the sheep industry, but it's moved to Cattle (for milk).

I was there last year fyi. Love the place.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Anyone else seeing this as a buying oppotunity in the stock market @Jippy ?
Some day traders must have made a killing- Barclays was 28% down at the worst and got back to 14% down, for example. Buying opp of sorts, but can't help thinking it will be volatile as hell over the coming weeks as you get loads of rumours doing the rounds. Ditto when Article 50 comes into effect and you get loads of rumours around trade deals and so on. Great if you're on the right side of it, obviously.

Untied

Just a thought about the NHS…

Junior Doctors currently have a hugely unpopular contract hanging over their heads. They will have voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU (young + highly educated) and they have the skill-set to emigrate anywhere…

Good luck with that

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It was still quite a remarkable and somewhat disturbing move I thought.
Yes, what awful people.

Rather than say "in the interest of your democratic legitimacy, we will haphazardly offer you enormous loans, gambling with the tax money of our democratic electorate, without real assurances that it will work."

they went and said "rather than say your are on your democratically legitimate own, we will offer your enormous loans to try and get through this without bankruptcy. In order for this happen however, we need assurances this money will be used properly."

SteveJ

Scout
£250m? What are you talking about? There is no £150m even if we had £50m we couldn't spend it on the NHS, frankly 50k is a lot of money.
It's like the claims about Rooney wages, only in reverse.

devilish

It was still quite a remarkable and somewhat disturbing move I thought.
So imagine you have an irresponsible brother. First he involves you in a business which turns out to be a scam and were you both lose plenty of money. Then after that he keeps spending all his dosh (include the money you gave him) on women, Liverpool replica shirts and tupperware until he's finally go broke again. All he seems good at is begging at your feet asking you to help and when you try and be tough with him he go full proud mode and tells you that he's an adult and you shouldn't treat him that way.

Now if you decide to help him out, would you give him another loan without asking plenty of control on decision making just because he's an adult? Sure you will

You may think that Greece borrowed money from the rich Germans and French but its not the case. The bail out came from every single country in the Eurozone which include Malta a former colony that built its way out of misery and countries with a lower GDP then Greece. Should these country lose their money because Greece insistt that theri people retire at age 50?

I agree with the leavers on one thing ie the EU needs to reform itself. Its been too nice with these sort of countries. Id love to see the EU kicking these countries out when they fail to keep up with some sort of accountability. Its ridiculous that foreign PMs are allowed to buy their way to power while we pay the bills

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How do you figure? Remainers could point to... well, exactly how things already were as an idea of how things are.... It's hard to discount the validity of the way things actually are.

And I repeat, 100% False statements don't lead to a "general idea" they are just populating peoples opinion with completely fabricated bullshit.
Things were not that bad surely in the EU? That is why I voted to remain, but they could now get worse. They might get better, but you wonder at the fallout if things get worse. Also won't it affect passports eventually and what about driving abroad? Will they have to issue all new documents? Who will pay for it, the public or the government? Whoever does it will cost a pretty penny. All the ones who now think their boat has come in might just find they are still at the bottom of the pile.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It seems from most posters on the Caf that being in the EU all things considered is actually very beneficial to Britain. So...does this mean the stay-campaigners did a fecking terrible job at convincing 17 million leave-voters? Or does this mean 17 million people are too blind to see the advantages of being in the EU? Or both?

MTF

If that sounds hostile to you then let me assure you the mood is worse at the continent. I pity the fool who will conduct the trade deals Britain need with the EU. It won't be nice
Do you also need to go out and get deals around the globe that used to be EU x other country? Gonna be a long ass few years for the Foreign office if so.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I think I'm going to move to Canada if I can in the next 3 years.

devilish

Do you also need to go out and get deals around the globe that used to be EU x other country? Gonna be a long ass few years for the Foreign office if so.
Please can you rephrase that? My English isn't that good

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I agree to some extent. I think it is a problem that Jean-Claude Juncker is such a powerful, supposedly democratic, figure in Europe - Yet there is no a voter in Europe who has ever had any sort of say in his investment of power. He's never had to campaign with a single voter anywhere.

When you vote for national parliament, you have an idea of what kind of power investiture that will lead to in terms of ministers and government. This is opaque in the EU Parliament. Although I do think EU is in fact moving in the right direction towards more transparency.

Still a long way to go though I don't agree that leaving is the right answer.

MTF

Please can you rephrase that? My English isn't that good
Does the UK have to renegotiate individual trade deals that they might have enjoyed with other countries because the EU as a whole had a deal with that country? If that is the case, there's going to be a lot of work for the Foreign office to do.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It seems from most posters on the Caf that being in the EU all things considered is actually very beneficial to Britain. So...does this mean the stay-campaigners did a fecking terrible job at convincing 17 million leave-voters? Or does this mean 17 million people are too blind to see the advantages of being in the EU? Or both?
It's both. With a third point that people disillusioned with the Government (which they elected) decided to use this as a way to vent their anger without realising the consequences.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Perhaps any and all potential cuts to NHS resulting from leaving the EU should be focused on geriatric services and care for the elderly.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Does the UK have to renegotiate individual trade deals that they might have enjoyed with other countries because the EU as a whole had a deal with that country? If that is the case, there's going to be a lot of work for the Foreign office to do.
Yes, they have to renegotiate with the US and everyone else who had deals with the EU.

MoskvaRed

A bit of both. Plus on some level this wasn't about the EU at all - it was about places and social classes that are worried about the modern world (and in many cases haven't seen many benefits from it) telling London/the political establishment to f*ck off. The mistake was holding the referendum in the first place as there was always a risk of this kind of response.

devilish

I don't know. I doubt it though. One of the leavers main argument was that the UK couldn't conduct trade deals while still in the EU. They cant even start new trade deal negotiations until they activate article 50. So I guess that applies both ways

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Yes, they will have to negotiate trade deals with approx. 60 different nations

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The Remain campaign did an absolutely horrible job in my view. I think I've seen more Leave literature about at a ratio of about 5 to 1.