Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, it wasn't. Remember France voted "No" for EU constitution because that year the French were against the executive, referendums aren't a good idea when it comes to serious subjects.
Well I guess thats my fault for having a bit of faith that saner heads would prevail.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
The West Midlands receive a large amount from the EU in grants and redevelopment funding. We also export more to the EU than we import but was one of the areas with the largest leave % in the country. The West Midlands definitely got more out of the EU than they put in but still voted overwhelmingly to leave.
HUGE sums were received in research grants from the EU which now will not be heading our way.

Britain's science sector has done increasingly well out of the EU in recent years, receiving €8.8bn in research funding in 2007-2013 versus the €5.4bn it paid in over the same period. And UK-based scientists have won about a fifth of all the grants, in terms of value, from the top-tier programmes run by the European Research Council.

Less funding usually means job losses.

Manny

Grammar Police
I feel awful today. Been too busy at work to follow the posts in here (or the news) but well, feck. This is truly truly terrible, in the short, medium and long term.

What do the exit voters on here think about the reaction today, economically, culturally and otherwise? Is this what you envisaged, do you think we're now on a path to a better, more prosperous country? Do you think the warnings of economic doom are accurate or likely? (Sorry if I've missed this entire discussion already)
Leave - Feck Economics. Everything is fine. You're overreacting. We've just saved 350m a day. Stop calling us bigots.

Nothing you wouldn't have heard before, mate. As soon as you press them on the economics, they fall apart.

Ibi Dreams

All the people saying they now regret their vote shouldn't be allowed to vote again

Grib

''The best way I can think of it is in terms of the biscuit club at work. Everybody pays in and everybody gets nice biscuits. Sure you can get your own biscuits if you want but it's a lot of f**king about and you'll only have to share them anyway. What, are you gonna legitimately eat them all to yourself in an office are you Sharon? Right well that's why you wear sports socks and can't find a husband. Yeah, not everyone gets the biscuits they want all the time but if your choice is shit biscuits sometimes or no biscuits ever then it's a f**king no brainer. What if you want help to get biscuits but nobody cares because they're sorted for Jaffas now? What about your relationship with people who are still in biscuit club? You think they'll be happy with you tapping Hob Nobs off them everyday because you forgot to go to Jacksons at the weekend? Get to f**k. "Oh no, loads of new people want to join in with biscuit club now!" So? More people means more / better biscuits. Yeah you might have to share more but what are you, 5? If you don't want to share biscuits then f**k off back to Russia you pinko commie swine. Plus, why do you think they WANT to join? It's because these biscuits are brilliant and they haven't got any. Sometimes people do Ramadan and can't eat biscuits while the suns up... Who gives a shit? Don't have biscuits then. It's ok... Just have them later. Take them home for when suns gone down for all I care. And yeah, some people try and blag it... They don't pay what they should or they eat more than you but you don't just f**k biscuits off all together because of a couple of d**kheads. Grow up you babies. "He hasn't paid for biscuits and by rights he's eating my property!". Yeah... Jason's not paying this week because he's got dick cancer and he's got better things to worry about. Let him have a biscuit you tight bas**rd. f**k me. Plus his wife's got alopecia. Difficult home life mate. Give him a biscuit while he sorts his head out.''
Post of the year, we don't need a vote

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
People are crazy, don't trust them.
This quote from the Hitchhikers Guide is appropriate between Brexit and Trumps campaign

The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarise: it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarise the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem.

Spoony

The People's President
I'm still angry. Is anyone else and all?

Will be funny seeing the same influx of people coming in from the continent over the next few years though...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm livid Spoony. Seriously fecking pissed off.

I've been reading some football forums and came across this nugget which made me laugh though:

Davkaus said:
If Scotland and Northern Ireland do leave, do we just keep calling England and Wales the United Kingdom, or do we come up with a new name? England and Wales is a bit cumbersome. I vote for Wangland.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This quote from the Hitchhikers Guide is appropriate between Brexit and Trumps campaign
Then if people complain about politicians, they are being countered with 'you elected them'. Well, they're the only ones we can choose...?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Don't see any chance of this just yet, these countries will be smart enough to use The UK as a guinnea pig.

And I'm sure once the see how bad it is for the UK they will all be happier with Europe.
Not as simple as that. France goes to elections next year and most parties there lean towards Euroscepticism in different degrees. If Le Pen and her party gets more votes, it may cause a big hurdle and EU may opt for a quicker stance in settling problems with UK.

Spoony

The People's President
I'm livid Spoony. Seriously fecking pissed off.

I've been reading some football forums and came across this nugget which made me laugh though:

Seriously I can't see Northern Ireland separating but Scotland? Yeah definitely.

But yeah the Poles. Too many Poles.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm still angry. Is anyone else and all?

Will be funny seeing the same influx of people coming in from the continent over the next few years though...
Will be interesting to see the reaction if a big proportion of them lose their jobs if funding is not forthcoming to replace the EU contribution. I bet they will be falling about laughing. Then see if they think they are better off.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Seriously I can't see Northern Ireland separating but Scotland? Yeah definitely.

But yeah the Poles. Too many Poles.
Those brown people too! I'm listening to fivelive and they just interviewed a Polish guy who's been England for 8 years. He voted leave... his reasoning? Too many eastern people coming into the country.

MTF

Despondent is the best way to describe my feelings. And every time I read another individual implication of this I get angry.

Not as simple as that. France goes to elections next year and most parties there lean towards Euroscepticism in different degrees. If Le Pen and her party gets more votes, it may cause a big hurdle and EU may opt for a quicker stance in settling problems with UK.
Simple no, but we've seen huge fallout already and I believe we'll see much more before France goes to elections.

Spoony

The People's President
Those brown people too! I'm listening to fivelive and they just interviewed a Polish guy who's been England for 8 years. He voted leave... his reasoning? Too many eastern people coming into the country.

You couldn't make it up. Why have we given morons the right to decide our future?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Then if people complain about politicians, they are being countered with 'you elected them'. Well, they're the only ones we can choose...?
We can always go with this one then.

There is a
theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Fully Fledged

Oddly an edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica from the future fell out of a fissure in the space time continuum and landed on my desk. It turns out that when the revolution came, they were in fact the first ones line dup against the wall. Thank You Hitchhikers Guide
:)
Good that makes me feel slightly better knowing the b'stards got there's

Sigma

It seems the only argument for leave, is just that. So deluded and in his case hypocritical.

Haha, same problem in Sweden though, a good portion of the SD (their version of UKIP) is immigrants.

Guess some think they've "made it" and don't want to share it with anyone else.