Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The problem is that Britain doesn't have the same strength it used to have when it used to rule the waves. It better hope the new big guy doesn't play the old divide and conquer tactic on their turf now

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
EEC would work EU doesn't
You keep repeating opinions I've already replied to pages before so here we go again

Being part of the EEC means making payments to the EU the leavers promised to use for the NHS. People like to refer to Norway. Maybe should look up what the relationship between Norway and the EU entails...
Are you kidding? They export more to UK then they import from them so is a no brainer.
There will be trade, but GB won't be the partner to dictate the terms as they see fit.
The UK doesn't import all the goods for fun. An example: When your local Nissan or Ford or Mini plant wants to produce cars, it needs components manufactured on the continent. Your win-loss scenario bears no substance.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
These people make me want to punch my screen. Fecking idiots. The first guy, movement around EU is fine but people from Africa and Syria/Iraq are not allowed to come in. How would you fecking feel if you were living in a fecking war zone/extremely poor living conditions fearing for your life every single day. Fecking Imbecile.
That is very true from a morale´s standpoint, but what is even more frustrating is that leaving the EU and fecking over their country does not change anything in that regard. In the current refugee crisis the EU did not force refugees onto the UK. They did not even take part in the official relocating plan of the Union and faced no consequences. In the end they took far less refugees than the other big players.

MTF

UK is the 5th biggest economy and again they would lose more if they move away.
You don't want to get it do you? I'll try once. They are in the UK because it was the best place to sell both to the UK and the rest of Europe. There were no tariffs, no restrictions. Now there likely will be, and so it doesn't make sense to be in the UK anymore just to be less competitive when you go to market with your products and services to the rest of Europe. It doesn't mean they will up and leave immediately, it might not be worth it to reinvest all that capital elsewhere. But I can tell you what they won't do: open new plants.

That's it, that's how companies think. Once this is done, if there are restrictions and/or tariffs on trade from the UK to the EU, companies will base European assets in France, Germany, Belgium, or anywhere except the UK. This sucks for them too, but its sure worse for the people in the UK.

::sonny::

Movimento 5 Stelle on the other hand might be a problem. They are pretty much anarchist, and they are in coalition with UKIP in European parliament. And they are getting stronger.
In Spain there is a similar movement as well, called "podemos" (we can)

Sigma

That is very true from a morale´s standpoint, but what is even more frustrating is that leaving the EU and fecking over their country does not change anything in that regard. In the current refugee crisis the EU did not force refugees onto the UK. They did not even take part in the official relocating plan of the Union and faced no consequences. In the end they took far less refugees than the other big players.
Couldn't agree more.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Too many for the people of Barnsley obviously.

devilish

Salvini is not going to win anything. All his support comes in Veneto and Lombardia eventhough the main right wing party is weaker than ever. Even in Veneto, he is despised by pretty much everyone who is educated.

Movimento 5 Stelle on the other hand might be a problem. They are pretty much anarchist, and they are in coalition with UKIP in European parliament. And they are getting stronger.
http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/201...europea-per-trasformarla-dallinterno/2855648/

Grillo wants an eu reform and not the destruction of the eu

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund

It's always about fecking England. Bunch of cnuts.
Gotta admit, I chuckled a bit at "putting England back on the globe again". Yep, dividing your country and weakening your position in any future trade deals (not only the one with the EU) is truly a magnificent way to do that.

If the whole thing would not be as sad and screw over so many lifes, a lot of the stuff going on could be part of a comedy movie.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ireland (using it's position as a common-law, English speaking country who is still in the EU) has already begun targeting companies who are currently based in the UK. It was a part of our contingency plan in case of brexit and I'd imagine the same applies to other EU countries too. In those circumstances I'd be amazed if it didn't make a huge amount of financial sense for a lot of companies to move away.

::sonny::

It's always about fecking England. Bunch of cnuts.
This is interesting as well (if true)

"Paradoxically Brexit won at Sunderland where there is a factory of Nissan employs 7,000 employees and is now likely to close"

DenisIrwin

These people make me want to punch my screen. Fecking idiots. The first guy, movement around EU is fine but people from Africa and Syria/Iraq are not allowed to come in. How would you fecking feel if you were living in a fecking war zone/extremely poor living conditions fearing for your life every single day. Fecking Imbecile.
Whenever I see people like this I feel conflicted. I know that they will never change if their views are never challenged. I just can't be arsed though.

devilish

This is interesting as well (if true)

"Paradoxically Brexit won at Sunderland where there is a factory of Nissan employs 7,000 employees and is now likely to close"
I wonder if Farage will share a pint with those lads after they are on dole

Baxter

Of course it's about England, they're English. What do you expect it to be about...America, Russia, the Seychelles...what?
Because it's about taking England back, and putting England back on the globe? Remembering that it is apparently a UK that they fought so hard to get Scotland to stay. Sooner we're rid of scum like that, the better. Ignorant, racist clowns

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Leaving the EU won't even stop Muslims from trying to enter the country anyway. Most of our Muslim population come from Pakistan and Bangladesh, former colonies, and were invited to fill gaps in the labour force. Muslim refugees can still ultimately try to enter the UK the same way they have been doing all along.

Dobba

In other Channel 4 vox pops we had "Foreigners? Get 'em out. Kick 'em all out" and something along the lines of "I'm not racist, that's colour, it's the takers I don't like. If you let the Turks here, they'd drain us dry"

DomesticTadpole

In other Channel 4 vox pops we had "Foreigners? Get 'em out. Kick 'em all out" and something along the lines of "I'm not racist, that's colour, it's the takers I don't like. If you let the Turks here, they'd drain us dry"
It's that line that always gets me. Then they promptly go off on a racist rant. Usually you say if they had a brain they would be dangerous, but it is the lack of brainpower that has made this lot dangerous.

Ixion

Could Scotland and NI remain a union and simply take the place of the UK?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Dropped to 6th behind France already. Pretty sure Morgan Stanley have already confirmed 2,000 jobs are off to Dublin and Frankfurt.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Why do you argue with absolute numbers? That would only make sense if the EU would be a super state, where all the money and economy is centralised? It is not. The EU is an Union, an umbrella organisation/federation for 27 countries which is supposed to create a place to work and trade with each other.

The difference in the economical power scale and consequences can actually be summed up rather easily. As long as the UK won´t be a part of the single market, 27 individual nations will have a harder time to trade with a single country. That country on the other hand will have trouble to trade with all of the 27 nations. It loses easy trading access to a whole region. The damage for the UK will be concentrated completely on them, while it will be split amongst all of the EU members. They would have a way easier time to deal with that than the UK.

Let´s take my country for example. We are the most affected by the Brexit as we are their most important business partner in Europe. In theory from an economical standpoint we have the biggest reason to allow the UK to stay inside the single market. The problem here is that we also have the biggest political reason for not letting them off easily here and offer them a good trade deal. We want a stable EU, we need a stable EU the most out of all EU members. While we are the biggest contributor to the Union, we also profit the most from it as we are not only the biggst economy but also in difference to the UK an economy clearly geared towards export and the majority of our wealth comes from that.

The government will try everything they can to prevent a chain reaction of other EU members leaving from happening. That is why our political leader, our finance minister and our main guy in the EU made some pretty serious statements today.

The upcoming negotiations will be pretty damn tough for the UK, especially as the Brexit has created a pretty damning split of the country. The possiblity of Scotland leaving is very real and as they clearly showed their will to be part of the EU, I don´t see any reason for them to be not welcomed back. Without the Scots the UK will lose even more leverage in these negotiations and as the UK are in for years of economical uncertainty, I can see a pretty big part of one of their key sectors (finances) moving away aswell into the heart of the EU and their biggest nation. The prospect of Frankfurt succeeding London as financial capital of the EU might very well play a role in Germany´s stance aswell.
To tell the true your government was the main reason why UK is leaving and why the extreme right parties are on rise when Greece was treated not like a EU member but a terrorist state which they had and have too many problems from corruption to political corruption when politicians give to the people the impossible to win elections, then the immigration issue, in the moment you accept 1 million of immigrants from a complete different culture with a "macho" attitude and I can do what I want, they don't assimilate other cultures and they try to enforce their culture in that country, then you are bringing a huge problem to your country. Then your lovely head of state wants to enforce the other countries to accept a number of immigrants, first they bullied Greece now they are bullying the rest of Europe.

DomesticTadpole

Dropped to 6th behind France already. Pretty sure Morgan Stanley have already confirmed 2,000 jobs are off to Dublin and Frankfurt.

Think they denied it, but might still do it. Maybe didn't want to be seen to kick us when we were down. They will kick us tomorrow. If loads of jobs go can we lock Farage and Johnson in the Tower of London?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I just asked my massive Brexiter mate what the plan was now.

He's a politics nut and studied politcs at uni, etc

He said the plan is "trade deals and reduced immigration"

Thats not a plan!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland attempt it too. We're very close to the UK, and you tend to have our back in any arguments we make in the european parliament. It's going to be very hard to continue as a small Island on our own, and they'll probably take us for granted as they usually do.
There's pretty much zero chance of Ireland leaving the EU, for various reasons.

devilish

Think they denied it, but might still do it. Maybe didn't want to be seen to kick us when we were down. They will kick us tomorrow. If loads of jobs go can we lock Farage and Johnson in the Tower of London?
Or ban them from every pub

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Germany and France should try their best to put all the Airbus jobs in the EU.