Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manny

Grammar Police

Dan

At least Aston Martin are still committed to building a £200m factory in Wales.
Hope it still happens as i'd love to work there. The Chief executive of Aston Martin has said this today - UK Government must "maintain economic stability and secure a deal with the EU which safeguards UK automotive interests - this includes securing tariff-free access to European and other global markets."

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Did I just hear on the radio that a Conservative MP and prominent leave member say that the LEAVE campaign did not promise to reduce immigration?

What. The. feck.
I don't think they have. This is the most bizarre thing, Remain was the one that had brought up immigration control. This might be wrong FYI, heard it on the radio without checking myself.

Holy moly! 100,000 signatures in an hour! :eek:

Currently at 300,037

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215
I finally got the email, expect it to bump up quickly.

Eurogroup president Jeroen Dijsselbloem says the UK's exit from the EU will limit British financial institutions' access to EU market

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Classical Mechanic

I don't think they have. This is the most bizarre thing, Remain was the one that had brought up immigration control. This might be wrong FYI, heard it on the radio without checking myself.

My email went into junk mail. That is what Outlook thinks of the UK government!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

200,000 votes and counting:

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum
We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

:lol::lol::lol: So it's got 300k votes whoop-di-do, pretty sure 17 million signed a "petition" yesterday.

Talk about sore losers. Reading through Twitter and various comments on the newspapers there's a lot of "leave" voters finding this sort of stuff hilarious comparing it to children playing

"Aww I lost....ok let's do best 2 out of 3"

Remain has lost, people need to move on and deal with it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

313,369 now. including me.:D

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
There is no reason for a border change. The existing arrangement predates the EU.
You need to have a border between a movement free EU and non-Eu countries, otherwise what's the point? I recognize that UK border controls are some of the most vigilant and strict in the world, but still...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
:lol::lol::lol: So it's got 300k votes whoop-di-do, pretty sure 17 million signed a "petition" yesterday.

Talk about sore losers. Reading through Twitter and various comments on the newspapers there's a lot of "leave" voters finding this sort of stuff hilarious comparing it to children playing

You do know Nigel Farage said he would call for a 2nd Referendum a few days ago when it was expected they'd lose.

I'm not letting my future get fecked without a fight. Sorry but I like my country as is thank you.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
There is no reason for a border change. The existing arrangement predates the EU.
But that's precisely the problem here, it predates the EU, as in, when Ireland was not in the EU and hadn't the laws of the EU.

The EU aren't going to simply abandon their policies and laws on borders in this scenario because of an arrangement that existed sixty years ago.

Simply put, this is a new situation. Ireland and the UK have either both been in or out of the EU simultaneously before, this is no longer the case.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Britain. The decision is for Britain. The majority of people in Scotland voted Remain. The majority of people in Northern Ireland voted Remain. The majority of people in Wales voted Leave despite without any possible doubt having benefitted from EU funding without which the region would have been worse off. Most of the more educated people in this country voted Remain because they had a better understanding of the consequences and not because they loved the EU. Most of the people who voted Leave have shown a HUGE inability to express why in any terms that make sense. 'I have my own reasons', 'It is to stop Muslims coming in to the country', 'To stop Germans deciding our laws', 'Immigrants taking our jobs' etc. It is infuriating or sad for the rest of the country because it is only half of us (especially when you count all the young people who did not vote), and because the reasons are all so badly wrong, and so based on the blowing of the wind.

There are those who voted Leave on a better basis but they are in the minority - I think they are wrong too but I respect their decision because they think the EU is a wasteful failed project that we need to exit from asap. I can at least understand that because the first part is hard to argue with. The second is the problem. Now we will see.

This vote would have gone a different way in the 90s when the economy was better and there was no migrant crisis. Is the EU to be blamed for this? If the UK prospers outside the EU will fewer people from Syria and other troubled countries risk their lives to come and live here to work and earn money and be happier? Why are we so against this? Why do we blame these people for poor circumstances here? If the UK does not prosper outside the EU will people be happy being poorer just because there is 1 fewer foreign person for every 100?

These things are hard to see properly when so raw. History may look back at this decision a different way. But the justification for the vote has simply not been made adequately and those who have lost are right to be angry about that, especially when it affects us all. The reality of this vote is that the country is divided and the government that runs us has increased that division from a bad starting point to a dangerous precipice by implementing a cowardly and misguided economic policy that has fecked many people over. Those people have voted against 'the establishment' and yet to give the UK government more power... it looks like a terrible idea in the short term for their own interests but maybe, just maybe, it might not be in the long.

But however this goes, next time, please, let us all at least know what we are voting for, and let us hope that we can find a better group of people to run this country, a group that the majority of people will vote for and that will attempt to represent all of us, not just themselves or their donors or the people they know and talk to. A group with some consistency in their beliefs.
This is a very eloquent post, with which I totally agree. In my 40 years I've never experienced this level of anger at a political result. The next to few days could be unprecedented.

DomesticTadpole

I don't think people will get over it though. I now look at the houses with big billboard for Leave and I see racists, which isn't good. There are a few of those house here.

Ainu

"Sore losers". It's their fecking future on the line, not some petty grudge game. Shocking post.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

:houllier:

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Britain. The decision is for Britain. The majority of people in Scotland voted Remain. The majority of people in Northern Ireland voted Remain. The majority of people in Wales voted Leave despite without any possible doubt having benefitted from EU funding without which the region would have been worse off. Most of the more educated people in this country voted Remain because they had a better understanding of the consequences and not because they loved the EU. Most of the people who voted Leave have shown a HUGE inability to express why in any terms that make sense. 'I have my own reasons', 'It is to stop Muslims coming in to the country', 'To stop Germans deciding our laws', 'Immigrants taking our jobs' etc. It is infuriating or sad for the rest of the country because it is only half of us (especially when you count all the young people who did not vote), and because the reasons are all so badly wrong, and so based on the blowing of the wind.

There are those who voted Leave on a better basis but they are in the minority - I think they are wrong too but I respect their decision because they think the EU is a wasteful failed project that we need to exit from asap. I can at least understand that because the first part is hard to argue with. The second is the problem. Now we will see.

This vote would have gone a different way in the 90s when the economy was better and there was no migrant crisis. Is the EU to be blamed for this? If the UK prospers outside the EU will fewer people from Syria and other troubled countries risk their lives to come and live here to work and earn money and be happier? Why are we so against this? Why do we blame these people for poor circumstances here? If the UK does not prosper outside the EU will people be happy being poorer just because there is 1 fewer foreign person for every 100?

These things are hard to see properly when so raw. History may look back at this decision a different way. But the justification for the vote has simply not been made adequately and those who have lost are right to be angry about that, especially when it affects us all. The reality of this vote is that the country is divided and the government that runs us has increased that division from a bad starting point to a dangerous precipice by implementing a cowardly and misguided economic policy that has fecked many people over. Those people have voted against 'the establishment' and yet to give the UK government more power... it looks like a terrible idea in the short term for their own interests but maybe, just maybe, it might not be in the long.

But however this goes, next time, please, let us all at least know what we are voting for, and let us hope that we can find a better group of people to run this country, a group that the majority of people will vote for and that will attempt to represent all of us, not just themselves or their donors or the people they know and talk to. A group with some consistency in their beliefs.
He is English primarily so he is used to talking about England, in just the same way that the Welsh, the Scottish or the Irish are used to talking about themselves if they're from Wales or Scotland or Ireland. It's natural for some and shouldn't be considered as just another excuse to criticise them.

It seems ok though to criticise leavers as being too thick to understand what they're voting for but I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of those who voted remain had just as poor an understanding of what they were voting for. ( We are not seeing vids of those on here though are we). Someone I know voted remain because she was very frightened if we left the EU WW3 would start because Cameron had implied as much. Nevertheless, unless you want to be discriminatory, everyone in the country has a vote and all votes are equal, whatever their level of intelligence and understanding.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

What an awful post.

dove

You must be one of them who still believes UK will save £350 million a week and block all migration. Good luck with that.

Manny

Grammar Police

You can laugh but this was Farage last month...

"Nigel Farage warns today he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin next month."

"Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

:lol::lol:

DomesticTadpole

"Sore losers". It's their fecking future on the line, not some petty grudge game. Shocking post.
I think this has torn the country in two. Terrible. It's torn generations apart. My mum voted Remain, but other family member voted Leave.

Sigma

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He didn't quite say that, but it's close enough:

Tory MEP Daniel Hannan said:
"If people watching think that they have voted and there is now going to be zero immigration from the EU they are going to be disappointed

"Of course there is still going to be immigration. There are still going to be people coming here to work and you will look in vain for anything the Leave campaign said at any point that suggested there would be any kind of border closure or pulling up of the drawbridge.

"All we're asking for is some control over roughly who comes in.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/3-brexit-promises-campaigners-wriggled-8271762

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/ar...ked-in-order-of-preposterousness--WyxD59VO3Nb

SirAF

Ageist
You must be one of them who still believe UK will save £350 million a week and block all migration. Good luck with that.
Good luck indeed.. I'm still shocked and I don't really have a connection to the UK apart from United. About 50% of the country went stark raving mad!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anyone seen the video of the old man crying? Saying "I've got my country back. I've not got long left, I'm 83, but I've got it back for the little time I have".

Not too old to be called a complete selfish dickhead.

Dobba

Oh shit. Here is me worrying about the value of my paltry life savings and future job prospects, when the sort of people who comment on newspapers find it funny. What a fool I've been.