Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
A bunch of brexiteers literally went to Brussels with transnational gifts to show off Britians trading prowess.
So what? It's just like the blue passport episode: social media Remainers forthing at the mouth over the petty. I thought you were supposed to be the cool, calm, smart people.

Silva

So what? It's just like the blue passport episode: social media Remainers forthing at the mouth over the petty. I thought you were supposed to be the cool, calm, smart people.
Are you really expecting us to ignore the mind bending stupidity of these people? This is the biggest change since in Britain since the fall of the empire, not a game of fecking tiddly winks. And everything that's come out of Westminster only points to it being a disaster of epic proportions.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Are you really expecting us to ignore the mind bending stupidity of these people?
Am i in here talking about every silly remark/act or simple event on the part of Remainers, regardless of its significance? You lot need to leave the echo chamber and enjoy some clean air (must be loads of nice places in your part fo the world).

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Most people weren't frothing at the mouth when it came to the passport affair - just recognising the stupidity of spending something silly like £500m of changing the colour of something.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
They thought the EU will crumble into pieces the day Brexit happened or at least it will bend over backwards and give the UK whatever it wanted. That seems more unlikely every passing day. No wonder why these talks of a second referendum are gaining momentum. If they lose then they will come out as beacons of democracy and 'reluctantly' withdraw their article 50 letter. If they win, well, no one can really blame them for their mess can they?

I hope the EU won't accept it. We can't have countries playing games like that.
The worst thing that happened to Farage was that Brexit won the referendum. He became irrelevant overnight.
In 15 months time he won't be an MEP and will lose his salary and won't get his pension until 9 years after that.

There's a high chance that the UK will be an "associate" member of the EU after 29th March 2019 so the EU will be quite happy they'll be paying into the pot but not having a say. Sounds a perfect scenario for the EU , they probably wouldn't accept a withdrawal of A50.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Most people weren't frothing at the mouth when it came to the passport affair - just recognising the stupidity of spending something silly like £500m of changing the colour of something.
The cover was always going to have to be modified as it has European Union written on it, and the colour is simple re-branding. Are you claiming that blue passports are 500m more expensive to produce than red ones?

Silva

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...rting-rights-financial-services-a8152941.html

I wonder which the conservatives will choose, the banks or stopping payments to the EU?

Random person said:
This was always going to be the case which is why, even if you support the fundamentals of "tuk r cuntry bak", it's still bloody stupid to vote leave.

We won't get the money back, we will pay for as close to tariff free access as poss. Nor will the ECJ stop being the supreme court, because someone needs to mediate in cross jurisdictional disputes, nor will we stop having to meet EU regulation, because if you want to sell on the EU market, it has to meet their standards and, immigration will not be stopped either because regardless of all the frothy shite, it is economically beneficial.

This was clear from day one. By voting out, no one gets what they want, and handful of disaster capitalists are going to make a killing, while the Tories sell your rights and protections down the river.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think Blair said that if Remain lost again he would want to take it to the best of 5. The only more stupid than have the referendum in the first place would be to have another one.
We'll be playing rock, paper, scissors for EU membership at this rate

Independent impact assessment commissioned by London Mayor Sadiq Khan

Silva

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I may have misunderstood, but I thought Remainers were all for a second referendum? I know Farage isn't exactly their favourite, but I still expected to come on here and find it full of posts saying 'Bring it on Nigel, let's have another one'. @devilish seems particularly against the idea.

Silva

I may have misunderstood, but I thought Remainers were all for a second referendum? I know Farage isn't exactly their favourite, but I still expected to come on here and find it full of posts saying 'Bring it on Nigel, let's have another one'. @devilish seems particularly against the idea.
I'd rather have a referendum on the final deal since it's bound to be unpalatable and more likely to get people to want to cancel Brexit.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I'd rather have a referendum on the final deal since it's bound to be unpalatable and more likely to get people to want to cancel Brexit.
I see that, but aren't you worried it would be too late then? The problem would be what the referendum were about 'do you accept the terms or would you prefer an alternative although we don't actually know what that might be because it depends on what the EU says if you turn it down?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Firstly a new referendum will be too late to change anything even if it were pro remain and secondly Farage has no power

Silva

I see that, but aren't you worried it would be too late then? The problem would be what the referendum were about 'do you accept the terms or would you prefer an alternative although we don't actually know what that might be because it depends on what the EU says if you turn it down?
I think there's enough remainers in parliament where the option to cancel article 50 would be on the poll. If people still want to leave following the agreement then clearly the public won't change it's mind.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Farage and his ilk aren't remainers so I didn't see it from a Remainer POV. Which makes me wonder why would he want that? The only thing I can think off is that plan A (if there was ever a plan in the first place), had backfired spectacularly, things aren't going well during the negotiations at all and the UK will end up worse off....I mean really worse off. Could they be afraid that the same mob that duped will turn up with pitchforks and torches? Considering that the UK is dead set to dilute the human rights act then maybe the good old hanged drawn and quartered law might be re-introduced for those politicians/journalists/paper owners who mislead the people to vote Brexit. That's something I would be happy to see voted in.

And I am not against the UK being part of the EU. If the UK wishes to re-enter the EU then by all means they should re-apply, accept the conditions given to new members and return to the fold. What I am against is for any country to activate article 50 only to revoke it later on. That brings unnecessary instability to Europe and sets a very bad precedent.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't think Farage really wants a second referendum - he just knows he's pretty much done for politically and is making brash "come on and have it then!" type statements while in the knowledge they'll attract attention even though he holds no political power whatsoever and wouldn't be in a position to implement any such vote.

devilish

While I do believe that the UK's place is in the EU and from a personal point of view I am better off that way, I don't think that the UK should be allowed to cancel Brexit at their own leisure not without suffering consequences. Brexit brought unnecessary turbulence into Europe and if the UK can get away with it then rest assured others would follow whenever things start not going their way.

If the UK wishes to return to the fold then they should re-apply as new members and accept the deal given to those members. The EU might fast track their membership as a sign of good will but that should be all.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Farage and his ilk aren't remainers so I didn't see it from a Remainer POV. Which makes me wonder why would he want that? The only thing I can think off is that plan A (if there was ever a plan in the first place), had backfired spectacularly, things aren't going well during the negotiations at all and the UK will end up worse off....I mean really worse off. Could they be afraid that the same mob that duped will turn up with pitchforks and torches? Considering that the UK is dead set to dilute the human rights act then maybe the good old hanged drawn and quartered law might be re-introduced for those politicians/journalists/paper owners who mislead the people to vote Brexit. That's something I would be happy to see voted in.

And I am not against the UK being part of the EU. If the UK wishes to re-enter the EU then by all means they should re-apply, accept the conditions given to new members and return to the fold. What I am against is for any country to activate article 50 only to revoke it later on. That brings unnecessary instability to Europe and sets a very bad precedent.
Agreed, we are vindictive, we want the UK to leave, invoke article 49. And then take the Euro, some migrants and Juncker.:D

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I don't think Farage really wants a second referendum - he just knows he's pretty much done for politically and is making brash "come on and have it then!" type statements while in the knowledge they'll attract attention even though he holds no political power whatsoever and wouldn't be in a position to implement any such vote.
Very much so.

I definitely want one though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I would be interested to see who would be the face of the remain campaign this time around.
In the case of any hypothetical vote it'd be intriguing. Tory Remainers like May have now firmly jumped behind the Brexit bandwagon to the point where backing Remain would seem ridiculous. Even though people would also be able to point out they don't really believe in Brexit either. Labour are similar, but to a lesser extent - Corbyn's position on Brexit is deliberately muddled because he knows committing to a soft Brexit will alienate some Labour voters, but that ending mass movement and cutting ties with the single market will alienate a lot of their core vote. Plus he's a natural Eurosceptic anyway. No other Labour figures at the moment though would really have the profile to front such a campaign. Sadiq Khan's the only one I can think of who's both high in profile and who has enough credibility behind him.

Aside from that you've got the Lib Dems and the SNP. Clegg's out now, Cable isn't a big enough figure, and irrespective of how strong a political figure Stugeon may be they wouldn't have her leading a UK-wide campaign.

devilish

Agreed, we are vindictive, we want the UK to leave, invoke article 49. And then take the Euro, some migrants and Juncker.:D
Its not revenge. Its protecting the integrity of the single market. Can you imagine if the likes of Orban learns that one can invoke article 50 and still get away with it?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I don't care what type of 2nd referendum we have. Watching May and Corbyn squirm would be enough for me no matter what happened