Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NinjaFletch

I think you demonstrate perfectly the current trend of where we're heading.
Meh, I think it's faulty analysis based on your personal desires and selective use of polling.

A marginal Brexit vote victory being interpreted as mandate for no deal by the by the hard right fringe of the Tory party doesn't point towards a great social shift unless the public supports that interpretation of the result which, by and large, they do not.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
They are divided with a far right quarter/third, and far right support from the DUP (no choice). Why do you suppose they are moving towards a far right party?
They have been moving further and further right on average since Thatcher became leader. The parliamentary party has an ever increasing far right component. Their policys are moving further and further to the right. The Brexit debacle only occured because Cameron was trying to keep the far right under control. Their employment law, social policy and economic policies have all moved to the right.

Fully Fledged

They are distinctly right of centre and moving to become a far right party.
They have been moving further and further right on average since Thatcher became leader. The parliamentary party has an ever increasing far right component. Their policys are moving further and further to the right. The Brexit debacle only occured because Cameron was trying to keep the far right under control. Their employment law, social policy and economic policies have all moved to the right.
This is one of the reasons that I'm afraid of Brexit. I can't see why anybody would want it unless they want to suppress the workforce. I can see employment law moving further to the right if we crash out. or leave in a way where we can set our own employment law.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That argument with Juncker :lol:
Definitely just wanted to look hard under no pressure while the other person is on the backfoot.

It's given me a great idea for a track name. Nebulous May.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
WOT DID YOU CALL ME?
:lol: I called my brother a hypocrite once at a ridiculously young age (for such language) and we ended up in an horrendous fight which ended up with him threatening me with a kitchen knife.

Not sure what relevance that has here but it reminded me of it.

I bet he still doesn't know what it means.

Simbo

eh, they could put whatever subtitles they want with that clip, can't hear a word.

Smores

Hopefully the above keeps showing in other polls too. I'd be wary not knowing how big the don't know category is as that introduces a big swing potentially.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
It's subjective of course, but I don't agree with that. Thatcher marked the high point of the right for me, and in the years after her most tories were absolutely desperate to distance themselves from her, and Major took great care over that. We'll probably both agree that vidic is talking bollocks though, the tories are and have been to the right, and many would argue Blair took Labour to the right of where they were, and he was there for a long time.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Would be fun to see the UK not paying their 39 bn ( or the amount they owe non relatex with brexit)

What the people think would mean in future trades around the world? Specislly the EU? non airspace open? Eurostar blocked

I dont understand that still people that thinks that UK can bully they way around at the EU. Specially when is UK that is at fault.Because that kind of people i want UK gone. On the other hand i have good friends there and i know that good brittish knows better

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It's subjective of course, but I don't agree with that. Thatcher marked the high point of the right for me, and in the years after her most tories were absolutely desperate to distance themselves from her, and Major took great care over that. We'll probably both agree that vidic is talking bollocks though, the tories are and have been to the right, and many would argue Blair took Labour to the right of where they were, and he was there for a long time.
I hate Thatcher with a passion, partly because I voted for her the first time I voted, which is one of the very few things in life I truly regret. Post Thatcher was a little less right (I did say on average) but as you say the Tories are well to the right of center even post Thatcher and appear to be lurching much further right at the moment.

Blair certainly tool Labor further right well into Lib Dem country even if they were still left of center. The current Labor party is slightly further left of Blair's version but not much.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Another way of reading that last poll is 54% remain and 46% leave and remembering how the polling moved last time that indicates another very close result

Plus it does not ask what I think would be the only question may would ever pose

Leave with Mays deal or leave with no deal

Edit... Typo

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Another way of reading that last poll is 54% remain and 48% leave and remembering how the polling moved last time that indicates another very close result

Plus it does not ask what I think would be the only question may would ever pose

Sounds like we have illegal immigrants committing voter fraud and dragging the remain vote up by 2%.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Another way of reading that last poll is 54% remain and 46% leave and remembering how the polling moved last time that indicates another very close result

Edit... Typo
God it would be such a pisser if we do get a second referendum, but remain isn't one of the options.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
God it would be such a pisser if we do get a second referendum, but remain isn't one of the options.
If there is a parliamentary vote on May's deal then that would be one option ruled out. There doesn't seem to be any effective uniform group calling for a particular alternative, Norway or whatever, so the options would be hard brexit or remain as far as I can see.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
If there is a parliamentary vote on May's deal then that would be one option ruled out. There doesn't seem to be any effective uniform group calling for a particular alternative, Norway or whatever, so the options would be hard brexit or remain as far as I can see.
That's what I desperately hope for. It's surprising how close the remain/ no deal poll is though. Not sure the narrative changed from Brexit to hardest possible Brexit tbh.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Think I'd simply abstain. Quite simply I'd rather anything than living with the knowledge that I let the Brexiters wipe off their arses in my face like that.

Why would May's option be ruled out? Parliament might not want it but the whole point is parliament can't decide.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Why would May's option be ruled out? Parliament might not want it but the whole point is parliament can't decide.
Yes, on reflection May could include her deal in a referendum, particularly now she's safe from another leadership challenge for a while. It would seem odd to put forward something specifically rejected by parliament, but what doesn't seem strange at the moment I suppose.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I can see her trying it
The people voted to leave
Now the people choose how we leave
I can imagine significant protests but can still imagine her trying it as a desperate attempt to get her deal through if she can't bully it through parliament as my deal or no deal

GloryHunter07

Norway has got some traction lately, but it involves Freedom of Movement, so unlikely to be more popular than May's deal.

rpitchfo

I’ve come to conclusion that The good Friday agreement makes leaving impossible. Find it so strange that this never came to light or was even discussed 2 years ago.

Time to put an end to it all now.