Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I spent so much time in this thread, when I pop back in it's like nothing has changed.... Depressing shit

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Vast majority of brexit voters I have met have no buyers remorse.
Some have even admitted ti me they voted for it knowing it will hurt us.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
feck me, he’s still flogging that dead horse? The vaccine rollout had nothing to do with EU as mentioned a million times, and even if it did, most EU countries caught up within no time, so it had very little to no effect on anything, not opening up and certainly not on the most important figure of all when claiming it’s success.
If that’s the best “success story” so far from Brexit, that should tell you everything about these daft corrupt cnuts.
Let's look at the facts.
Yes the initial COVID vaccination roll out was probably quicker than the rest of Europe.
But to class that as a significant success when more people died in the UK compared to the rest of Europe is just bizarre. But not a surprise as Gove is a compulsive liar in a party full of compulsive liars.

But what about the economy.
What about all those fantastic Trade Deals that were going to flow our way.
And what about taking back control of our borders. Thus far there has been over 40,000 people who have come to the UK in small boats.
And the government is now trying to increase the number of people coming from abroad because of failures to retain sufficient workers in key sectors.

Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster for the UK and will continue to be for a very long time.

So let Michael Gove and his cohorts pretend that it is otherwise, while the facts speak for themselves.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My son is likely going to go to Europe soon for work. He has just applied for an Irish passport because the UK one he is entitled to is useless for his purposes, as his sport isn't played at a pro level in the UK (and is shit even if anyone did get paid). It makes no real difference to me or my son (and his Mum will be happy) but it annoys me still. So feck you Brexiteers. I hope you get a paper cut the gets infected and takes days to heal.

diarm

Vast majority of brexit voters I have met have no buyers remorse.
Some have even admitted ti me they voted for it knowing it will hurt us.
That's because it's easier to pretend you're an arsehole, than it is to admit you're a moron.

Irwin99

My son is likely going to go to Europe soon for work. He has just applied for an Irish passport because the UK one he is entitled to is useless for his purposes, as his sport isn't played at a pro level in the UK (and is shit even if anyone did get paid). It makes no real difference to me or my son (and his Mum will be happy) but it annoys me still. So feck you Brexiteers. I hope you get a paper cut the gets infected and takes days to heal.
How easy is that process? As the son of an Irishman i've often thought about getting an Irish passport but I always thought it might be a bit of a hassle.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How easy is that process? As the son of an Irishman i've often thought about getting an Irish passport but I always thought it might be a bit of a hassle.
If you have a parent born in Ireland (North or South) you are automatically an Irish citizen so can apply for a passport. Initially you just need photos, a credit card and your parent's details. Not sure if you need more later.

Last edited:

Irwin99

If you have a parent born in Ireland (North or South) you are automatically an Irish citizrn so can apply for a passport. Initially you just need photos, a credit card and your parent's details. Not sure if you need more later.
Thank you. That doesn't sound too bad.

WPMUFC

The people who actively celebrate brexit are the same people who are then apoplectic that they can't continue to go on holiday without standing in UK queues..... there was never a coherent argument behind any of this. Gove made it clear..... feelings over facts are all that mattered.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
The people who actively celebrate brexit are the same people who are then apoplectic that they can't continue to go on holiday without standing in UK queues..... there was never a coherent argument behind any of this. Gove made it clear..... feelings over facts are all that mattered.
Next year, they'll have to be fingerprinted and photographed to go into the EU database for third country visitors. I can't wait for the apoplectic reaction.:)

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They should hang their heads in shame.
As should those politicians who sold them a vision and dream that was a total lie.
They have a huge amount to be embarrassed about and have and will continue to cost us all billions for decades to come.
I have no sympathy for the gullible imbeciles.

Paul the Wolf

Relates to this video...

How anyone ever believed this crap in 2016 is beyond me. That there are still people, in 2022, who think that things will improve for them because of Brexit is unbelievable.

In five years time when things are considerably worse, because there's no route to make things better, I wonder what people will think then. Still in denial.

FireballXL5

How anyone ever believed this crap in 2016 is beyond me. That there are still people, in 2022, who think that things will improve for them because of Brexit is unbelievable.

In five years time when things are considerably worse, because there's no route to make things better, I wonder what people will think then. Still in denial.
Nah, they'll just blame someone else. Like today it's them bloody Albanians, innit?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

To be quite honest with you I am just as livid as the LBC presenter.
And his description of a Nobel Prize in lying is a good one.
Like so many, I had forgotten most of what he has reminded me of.
It is about time Labour made a big play of this. But they won't because they would be afraid of upsetting the so called gullible Red Wall voters they want to attract back.
So why not the LibDems then.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I still blame Cameron more than anyone else, though with Johnson in second place given that he cynically chose to campaign to leave for selfish career purposes, never actually wanted leave to win and was hoping for a narrow defeat.

His administration and his / their actions created or exacerbated the conditions that allowed leave to win, notably his undeliverable pledges re drastically cutting net migration, excessive austerity (meaning that many voters didn't care about his series of dire warnings as they were already struggling), repeatedly criticising the EU as PM and then thinking he'd the best person to convince people to vote to stay in it etc. I'm still convinced that enough people to swing the outcome of the referendum voted to leave, just to 'give him a kicking'.

Theresa May fundamentally misunderstanding how the single market worked, and thinking that we could leave it and then negotiate access to it afterwards, was also catastrophic.

Paul the Wolf

To be quite honest with you I am just as livid as the LBC presenter.
And his description of a Nobel Prize in lying is a good one.
Like so many, I had forgotten most of what he has reminded me of.
It is about time Labour made a big play of this. But they won't because they would be afraid of upsetting the so called gullible Red Wall voters they want to attract back.
So why not the LibDems then.
Labour got this all wrong from Day One, before the referendum, nearly seven years ago. What have they gained by going along with it? Now I hear Starmer is going to "Make Brexit Work."
Maybe they'll get back in at the next election. Even that is not so certain. If they do, how do they get the country of the mess that increases day by day? Few people seem aware that the worst of the consequences of Brexit are still to come.

Labour should have made a big play of it from the beginning but with Corbyn and then Starmer as unconvincing Remainers it was never going to happen.

The only route I can see is for the UK to start realigning as soon as possible with the EU. That seems many years away.

The Tories are still going on about immigrants. Investment zones. Reducing Corporation Tax etc. It's more of the same hogwash as O'Brien calls it.

For companies to invest in the UK, there are more important things than Corporation Tax to consider. First of all to pay Corporation Tax, they have to make a profit. To make a profit, amongst many other things, they have to have a market to sell to. The UK have put up so many barriers that unless the company investing in the UK only sells in the UK, why would they chose the UK?

There are more barriers going up everyday. Unless these barriers are removed they will continue in the downward spiral. But there's a long way to go before that.

I really don't think the gravity of this decision to leave the EU has hit most people. Twenty-two months since they left the transition period has given them a taster.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I still blame Cameron more than anyone else, though with Johnson in second place given that he cynically chose to campaign to leave for selfish career purposes, never actually wanted leave to win and was hoping for a narrow defeat.

His administration and his / their actions created or exacerbated the conditions that allowed leave to win, notably his undeliverable pledges re drastically cutting net migration, excessive austerity (meaning that many voters didn't care about his series of dire warnings as they were already struggling), repeatedly criticising the EU as PM and then thinking he'd the best person to convince people to vote to stay in it etc. I'm still convinced that enough people to swing the outcome of the referendum voted to leave, just to 'give him a kicking'.

Theresa May fundamentally misunderstanding how the single market worked, and thinking that we could leave it and then negotiate access to it afterwards, was also catastrophic.
Agreed.
I would put Cameron as the chief culprit because he was so stupid by not remembering the first lesson:
Don't ask a question if you don't know what to do with the answer.
He was naive in the extreme and totally culpable in the outcome.

Boris Johnson is a very close 2nd though because once the vote was to leave, he made a political career out of absolutely fcuking up the outcome.
Get Brexit done with zero thought of what that meant.
And the Red Coach with £350millions for the NHS.
Oven Ready solution to the Northern Ireland Protocol. Remember that.

Those 2 and the rest of the Vote Leave Campaign lies team should be subject to a full Independent Inquiry into the lies they told the people of the UK.
Won't get anywhere. But it would expose them for what they are to those they lied to.
Bastards.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Labour got this all wrong from Day One, before the referendum, nearly seven years ago. What have they gained by going along with it? Now I hear Starmer is going to "Make Brexit Work."
Maybe they'll get back in at the next election. Even that is not so certain. If they do, how do they get the country of the mess that increases day by day? Few people seem aware that the worst of the consequences of Brexit are still to come.

Labour should have made a big play of it from the beginning but with Corbyn and then Starmer as unconvincing Remainers it was never going to happen.

The only route I can see is for the UK to start realigning as soon as possible with the EU. That seems many years away.

The Tories are still going on about immigrants. Investment zones. Reducing Corporation Tax etc. It's more of the same hogwash as O'Brien calls it.

For companies to invest in the UK, there are more important things than Corporation Tax to consider. First of all to pay Corporation Tax, they have to make a profit. To make a profit, amongst many other things, they have to have a market to sell to. The UK have put up so many barriers that unless the company investing in the UK only sells in the UK, why would they chose the UK?

There are more barriers going up everyday. Unless these barriers are removed they will continue in the downward spiral. But there's a long way to go before that.

I really don't think the gravity of this decision to leave the EU has hit most people. Twenty-two months since they left the transition period has given them a taster.
Understand and agree with all of that.

I am saddened by what is happening to the UK Motor Manufacturing as an example.

Only a few years ago, we were producing almost 1.7 million vehicles a year.
Since then:
Vauxhall has ceased producing cars.
Honda has ceased producing cars.
BMW is transferring Mini Electric to China, leaving petrol and diesel only.
Ford has transferred Transit production to Turkey.
And Ford engine plants in the UK don't produce Electric powertrains.
And these facilities supported millions of support and supply jobs.

Ok. Not all of this is totally due to Brexit. But it certainly has not helped to improve the situation.

Paul the Wolf

Understand and agree with all of that.

I am saddened by what is happening to the UK Motor Manufacturing as an example.

Only a few years ago, we were producing almost 1.7 million vehicles a year.
Since then:
Vauxhall has ceased producing cars.
Honda has ceased producing cars.
BMW is transferring Mini Electric to China, leaving petrol and diesel only.
Ford has transferred Transit production to Turkey.
And Ford engine plants in the UK don't produce Electric powertrains.
And these facilities supported millions of support and supply jobs.

Ok. Not all of this is totally due to Brexit. But it certainly has not helped to improve the situation.
The Blyth battery gigafactory comes to mind. It survives for the time being although nothing physical really exists at the moment.
If you put yourself in the shoes of an investor, why would you invest in the factory?

There are now many barriers both importing and exporting materials that weren't there even two years ago. Gigafactories are being built across Europe. No barriers to the rest of Europe. Three in Northern France alone, with possibly a fourth. Many other countries too.

From next year there is supposed to be the UKCA certification coming through which means that the battery will have to have a CE certification to sell it in the EU, which is also recognised elsewhere in the world. But it will also have to have a UKCA certification to sell it in the UK and all the materials imported will have to have a UKCA and an EU certification as well.

Instead of Global Britain the government is turning it into Isolated Britain.

Complete and utter madness.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Yet if he doesnt resign you lot probably would ended up with him as PM for the second time.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Agreed.
I would put Cameron as the chief culprit because he was so stupid by not remembering the first lesson:
Don't ask a question if you don't know what to do with the answer.
He was naive in the extreme and totally culpable in the outcome.

Boris Johnson is a very close 2nd though because once the vote was to leave, he made a political career out of absolutely fcuking up the outcome.
Get Brexit done with zero thought of what that meant.
And the Red Coach with £350millions for the NHS.
Oven Ready solution to the Northern Ireland Protocol. Remember that.

Those 2 and the rest of the Vote Leave Campaign lies team should be subject to a full Independent Inquiry into the lies they told the people of the UK.
Won't get anywhere. But it would expose them for what they are to those they lied to.
Bastards.
Agreed. And Theresa May deserves a huge amount of blame as well.

She deserves zero sympathy for ‘inheriting the mess left behind by Cameron’, given that 1) she voluntarily stood to succeed him as PM, 2) she as the Home Secretary during his administration wash hell-bent on them keeping the undeliverable ‘cut net migration to the tens of thousands pledge’ which helped doom the remain campaign and was a huge gift to the leave side and 3) she to her discredit blatantly underestimated how difficult the withdrawal negotiations would be. I knew when the leave vote came in that the negotiations would be incredibly difficult, given that the EU would want to protect the interest of their remaining 27 members, and prevent a domino effect.

She triggered Article 50 too early without making sufficient preparations, she misunderstood how the single market worked, she made that ridiculous speech at Lancaster House in early 2017 placating the right-wing media and ERG and setting completely unnecessary redlines, which doomed her as they held her to those promises etc. She arrogantly thought that she’d win a landslide during the 2017 GE putting in the bare minimum campaigning effort and despite releasing a cr*p manifesto with ‘half-baked, uncosted policies’, and lost her majority 10-11 days before the formal exit talks began. And her and her team seemed to approach those talks in an abrasive, careless and unprepared manner.

As James O’Brien said, we as a country voted to impose economic sanctions on ourselves.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nah they just do a Catherine Tate and ask if they’re bothered. Case in point…

The i should publish this response in their next edition and say it's the government response. It is an elected member of parliament responding to one of their journalist's statements, after all.

These cnuts get away for too easily with spouting anything they want without repercussions.