Brian Brobbey

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Technical Emile Heskey, a bit like Benteke.. I like how he holds the ball up and brings others into play. And although by his Youtu.be vid he looks overweight, I'm sure he can improve that. Doesn't look like he has a heavy touch for a big guy..
Light on his feet for a big man, as they used to say in the dance halls.

Erics_Collar

He's done very well for someone who's feet interrupt the particles of air around him and seem to repel a football.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Targeting Ajax's best talents like Martinez, Antony, Timber etc. is one thing. Targeting someone who has yet to prove themselves at even that level is another.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I like an unknown striker who's value e.g., Chicharito. I hope, if this is the move, he proves half as successful as Hernandez was. YouTube makes him look more like Manucho.

Zippycup

If he is under 13m he is worth a punt IMO. He'd have a much better attitude than Martial as back up and Ten Hag has the tools to groom him into something very useful
I disagree.
That £13m could come in handy down the line. No point wasting it on a player who isn't going to improve the team in anyway.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
This essentially confirms what has been obvious this summer - all club targets have gone out the window and our scouting/data team have been ignored for whoever the manager wants. No other top club would be acting like this.

Castia

This essentially confirms what has been obvious this summer - all club targets have gone out the window and our scouting/data team have been ignored for whoever the manager wants. No other top club would be acting like this.

I mean our scouting network is so basic they probably offer up players like Salah and De Bruyne

'Take a look at this striker playing in Germany, he's a Polish International and ticks all the boxes'....

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Now this is pushing the limits, ffs there are others players in footballing world.

Zoo

I’m fine with it as long as we still go for another attacker. Obviously Antony for the right hand side.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I mean our scouting network is so basic they probably offer up players like Salah and De Bruyne

'Take a look at this striker playing in Germany, he's a Polish International and ticks all the boxes'....
This is the same scouting network that has recommended numerous young talents such as Bellingham, Haaland and Upemecano before they got big. Garnacho, Elanga, Fernandez, Hannibal…all look to have big futures. Our youth scouting seems on point - maybe the issue is at senior level we go by the whims of the manager and ignore everything they say?

Becks00

This is getting a bit too much. The other Ajax players we've been linked to one could uderstand as they were good, this guy though should not be signed.

Some Ajax fans warned of this, how ETH would always sign players from previous clubs even when not good enough. There is starting to be the same pattern now.
If he is under 13m he is worth a punt IMO. He'd have a much better attitude than Martial as back up and Ten Hag has the tools to groom him into something very useful
He is not Imo. Ten Hag is being giving too much free hand here, way too much.

sillwuka

Our scouting needed a hard reset anyway, we have been pretty poor in this regard.

ETH will be left to buy who he wants this window with a more considered scout led approach moving forward in my opinion.

Adamsk7

I think he’s be alright as a £13m back up striker. He’s never gonna be a starter for a good team but he does work hard, is really strong and quite quick with it. He puts in a shift and doesn’t shirk from a battle. Pretty much exactly what you want from a cup/sub striker.
If he’s seen as that regardless of the Ronaldo situation, I’m all for it. If it’s BECAUSE of the Ronaldo situation then we are in trouble because he’s not fit for that purpose.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Starting to remember when our NI boss Lawrie Sanchez, got the job at Fulham, and his plan was to just bring in the NI players like Healy, Davis, Hughes and Baird.

Needless to say, sticking with what you know didn’t go well for Lawrie.

Drainy

Starting to remember when our NI boss Lawrie Sanchez, got the job at Fulham, and his plan was to just bring in the NI players like Healy, Davis, Hughes and Baird.

Needless to say, sticking with what you know didn’t go well for Lawrie.
Might have worked out alright if he were previously the manager of France though

Volksie316

Really have to question Ten Hag, if this is the sort of Striker he wants.

Utterly baffling, and not a good sign, at all.

SunnyGlasgow

Instead of this, we should do a deal with Napoli involving Ronnie, for Victor Osimhen

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The logic is probably because we don't have the budget for anything else apart from the names already mentioned but need an attacker... The budget is saved for de Jong and that's it.

Basically this window is De Jong or bust. Brobbey... feck knows if he is any good. But we need somebody if Ronaldo does leave, so why not at 13m.