Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
And on a related note:

via here.
Some of them were offside anyway? A lot of them weren’t great chances to be honest but some big misses from Rashford mainly the header against Leicester and the one on one v West Ham. I’ve seen better compilations and quality of chances missed than that by far.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has praised Bruno Fernandes' "outstanding" form for Manchester United and revealed he tried to sign him when he was boss at Paris St-Germain.

Fernandes has scored 34 goals in 60 games for United, who visit Chelsea in the Premier League on Sunday.

Tuchel says he was originally made aware of Fernandes by ex-PSG sporting director Antero Henrique.

"We tried to make it happen," said Tuchel, who was at PSG from 2018-20.

"It was when we just arrived. My first sporting director in Paris knew [Fernandes] very well. We watched more and more games about him. We fought hard to have a connection to him and to bring him to our team.

"We tried and he went another way. It is bad for us that we have to play against him [on Sunday]."

Tuchel is impressed with the impact Fernandes has had since joining United from Sporting Lisbon in January last year, describing the 26-year-old as "one of the best midfielders in the world".

"He was a big personality for Sporting and an effective goalscorer and an effective guy to make the other players around more dangerous," said the former Borussia Dortmund boss.

"To come from Portugal, from a competitive team - a big club but not from the strongest league - and step to one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League and the strongest league in Europe, and to have this kind of impact, I have nothing but the biggest respect for this guy.

"He has [had] a huge, huge impact and to have this as a single person in football, you must be absolutely top level because this is almost impossible. The impact he has had is indescribable and unbelievable."

Chelsea will replace West Ham in fourth with victory over United and put them three behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side, who are second in the Premier League table.

"I feel that he has a lot of support from his club, which is nice to see because the best thing you can feel as a manager is the trust and belief from a club even in the difficult moments," Tuchel said on his opposite number.

"I assume that he works for that and creates this on a daily basis, and so he earns it."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56225583

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was poor... Almost trying too hard at times.

His long range (as in high /cross field) is probably the weakest part of his game.

King Eric 7

Bad performance today. Should have been fully rested for this game. Can't carry us every game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Trying too hard. These big games he gets too hyped up and his timing is off, not like him at all.

FujiVice

You really see the difference in ths side when he doesnt play well. The big teams have a "stop Bruno and they wont win the game" mentality which has shown in every big side we've played this year. Needs much better players around him.

kode

got to wonder what was the point playing him on thursday in that useless game

Idxomer

He has failed to make the type of passes that should be the bread and butter of every playmaker in big games.

This is one of the biggest reasons we have a bad record against top teams this season.

MattofManchester

Love him but he's a big game choker. Has barely performed in a single big game this season
Hard to play when your manager sets McFred up as essentially a back 6.
Go see how the 2 CBs along with McFred stay camped on the halfway line while we're going forward.

Playing without a midfield and expecting him to do it himself is a bit much.

Dinghy

He's not a big-game player. He needs a bit of space to do his thing and there won't be any in these types of games.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Trying too hard. These big games he gets too hyped up and his timing is off, not like him at all.
It's his biggest weakness. When stuff isn't coming off early or the team is struggling a bit he does this shit virtuoso thing where every time he touches the ball he tries outlandish stuff, either shooting stupidly or attempting pointless passes.

He was terrible today and it shows how toothless we are if he isn't on it, because Fred and McT can't create anything and in these big games your midfielders are the key to controlling and creating chances. Our midfield was horrific on the ball today and it cost us dearly.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His key passings have been so poor against the top 6 this season. Just couldn’t hit them on target at all. We had chances to hit them on counter but both him & Scott blew them away. I think bit of Sancho will help him.

Adam-Utd

It's his biggest weakness. When stuff isn't coming off early or the team is struggling a bit he does this shit virtuoso thing where every time he touches the ball he tries outlandish stuff, either shooting stupidly or attempting pointless passes.

He was terrible today and it shows how toothless we are if he isn't on it, because Fred and McT can't create anything and in these big games your midfielders are the key to controlling and creating chances. Our midfield was horrific on the ball today and it cost us dearly.
Fred and mctominay are work horses we know that, but that’s why you can’t afford to have cross like James in the team, especially when rashford is hiding most of the match and Our strikers aren’t on fire.

I agree with that on Bruno, he gets frustrated but that just his personality, similarly to pogba they both try “harder” but maybe need to just keep it simpler and play themselves into it. I couldn’t believe he messed up That pass to rashford.

anyway, bigger issues. We need a proper right winger to support the attack so much.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not the same player when he's not afforded time and space on the ball. I'd look to play him on the wing in big games to get him on the ball more.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Fred and mctominay are work horses we know that, but that’s why you can’t afford to have cross like James in the team, especially when rashford is hiding most of the match and Our strikers aren’t on fire.

I agree with that on Bruno, he gets frustrated but that just his personality, similarly to pogba they both try “harder” but maybe need to just keep it simpler and play themselves into it. I couldn’t believe he messed up That pass to rashford.

anyway, bigger issues. We need a proper right winger to support the attack so much.
The winger would help overall attacking output, but I really think we sacrifice so much in these games having to play two "workhorses" that aren't able to do anything with the ball when the other team gives them space. Pogba before he got hurt was so important because it meant teams had to deal with two players who could deliver killer passes to our forwards from outside of the box. Without a second player like him teams just frustrate and man mark Bruno and dare Fred to play a killer pass, which won't happen.

Idxomer

He's not a big-game player. He needs a bit of space to do his thing and there won't be any in these types of games.
The problem is whenever he found the space, he kept messing up the final ball.

Superunknown

For a player that demands so much from others around him, I thought he was significantly underwhelming today. He had a bad game, in my opinion. In a game where we needed quality and creativity, he didn't provide it. Disappointing.

kundalini

Fernandes wastes opportunity to counter with a terrible pass, happened at least twice in the 2nd half. First half he was guilty of two poor short passes. 2 shots from distance, one blocked, the other deflected wide.

Adam-Utd

The winger would help overall attacking output, but I really think we sacrifice so much in these games having to play two "workhorses" that aren't able to do anything with the ball when the other team gives them space. Pogba before he got hurt was so important because it meant teams had to deal with two players who could deliver killer passes to our forwards from outside of the box. Without a second player like him teams just frustrate and man mark Bruno and dare Fred to play a killer pass, which won't happen.
Yeah if we play 2 CDMs then the fullbacks and wingers need to be braver going forwards. We play with the handbrake on unfortunately, it’s clear we’d rather not lose than go for the win at all costs.

I just don’t think you can keep runners like James on if you want to score, he’s another work horse but lacks quality.

lost7

This is the Pogba syndrome all over again. He's literally the only player in our team who can create something, so in these types of games he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders and inevitably underperforms. We better strengthen this summer otherwise I could see him wanting to move elsewhere in a couple of years

lsd

The Oracle
Not exactly proving people wrong who call him a flat track bully

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Would be interesting to see a similar vid for all the counter attacks he's fecked up with his final ball.
Exactly. There was a cult being created about him so fast I never seen anything like that before but take away his penalty goals from him and he's not that sensational as some commentators or whonot think, He's been excellent in his first run but he's looking like running off steam and his horrible performances are hard to count now. As close to Nani as it gets in that regard.

And obviously I love Bruno, but I assume playing the central role for a club like United should mean you get into a lot of chances and create a lot of chances because you also have a lot of great palyers around you so we shouldnt over praise him too much for contributing, he's there for this so such a shame that he's got games like this when our defensive midfielder Fred outperforms him offensively. Just need competition and unluckily for us Pogba is out and now perhaps VDB should be ready to step in and up he's also injured.

You can't give your all playing so many gameson wekends and week days, the lad needs time off and a hairdryer, he shouldnt escape criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.