Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Sold for peanuts. Man once this lad Starts playing at that #10 role consistently and gets adjusted to this team he will be the real deal for a United

mancan92

His actual general play wasn't good. He didn't control the tempo of the game and didn't contribute in that sense. But 2 bits of quality one put the game past them which is good. But I'd like him to contribute more in open play.

Alemar

Bruno instead of Lingard is like day and night. Good assist, hit the post from a free kick, played some good passes. A good performance.

SportingCP96

Supports
Plus add ons right?

Agree. He is a very good player that will improve and improve the team.
Ya but don’t think it will go over 60M based on the add ons. Either way he deserved this move, he is finally playing in the tier he belongs in and not with the shite and burning house that is Sporting.

SportingCP96

Supports
The price was fair, the team is shit, and he was dying there. The problem there is much bigger than that. :devil:
Oh trust me I know! I predicted this with Varandas. Lots of serious things will happen soon I got a feeling. He is burning the club alive ...but this is a topic for another thread my friend!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We've barely scratched the surface of his ability but there was a lot to like tonight. Unless you frequent the matchday thread, in which case, he's had his chance but isn't offering enough.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The price was fair, the team is shit, and he was dying there. The problem there is much bigger than that. :devil:
Should he play CAM or CM for us?

He seemed like he was playing too high up, making intelligent runs but no one deep enough was goo enough on the ball to find him.

Could he play deeper as a CM and make the runs to CAM instead? Because I think we need the creativity deeper & Bruno has the intelligence in his runs to make the runs to get forward and find himself in CAM to make differences there rather than waiting there all game for a pass to arrive to him.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
By 80% you mean the passing accuracy or? I agree he sometimes might be frustrating, nevertheless he has a good tactical knowledge, would be nice to see him playing with Pogba to see how they would link up.
Yes, accuracy. But that's what I like in him. There's more than enough "recycle possession" players. We need different profiles.

Teja

It seems like anyone who plays at #10 for us goes to shit. He controlled the game very well against wolves from a deeper role, so we always have that option but I think he'll get better once we actually function as an attacking unit.

This was a one off big game, so can't really judge.

SportingCP96

Supports

He seemed like he was playing too high up, making intelligent runs but no one deep enough was goo enough on the ball to find him.

Could he play deeper as a CM and make the runs to CAM instead? Because I think we need the creativity deeper & Bruno has the intelligence in his runs to make the runs to get forward and find himself in CAM to make differences there rather than waiting there all game for a pass to arrive to him.
When pogba comes back play him again CAM, that’s where he excelled at in Sporting

Mr PG

Told my mates before the game he will take time to adjust... a bit like Fred. Wolves was easy as they were sitting back. Today was a bit more like the real thing bit he still contributed.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

He can play both positions, but to take the best from him regarding assists or to score he is better as a CAM. But he has a good understanding of the game, even if sometimes he isn't consistent, I understand some posts regarding the Maddison or Grealish comparisons, but he has different qualities. Main challenge in the next few months will be to adapt to the intensity of the League, and to start linking up with Fred and someone better than Pereira or Matic (current one).

Oldham

Looked absolutely class on the ball. This should be the standard of our midfield/attackers....

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh trust me I know! I predicted this with Varandas. Lots of serious things will happen soon I got a feeling. He is burning the club alive ...but this is a topic for another thread my friend!
:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His actual general play wasn't good. He didn't control the tempo of the game and didn't contribute in that sense. But 2 bits of quality one put the game past them which is good. But I'd like him to contribute more in open play.
That wasn’t his job. He was being played as a pressing number 10 and kept Jorginho quiet.

it was a midfield battle, he’s never going to run the game by himself away at Stamford bridge.

Bebestation

He can play both positions, but to take the best from him regarding assists or to score he is better as a CAM. But he has a good understanding of the game, even if sometimes he isn't consistent, I understand some posts regarding the Maddison or Grealish comparisons, but he has different qualities. Main challenge in the next few months will be to adapt to the intensity of the League, and to start linking up with Fred and someone better than Pereira or Matic (current one).
Yeah I felt that especially in a 352 playing 2 CDM meant we didn't have enough CM that could get the ball enough to Bruno Fernandes quick enough in dangerous positions.

If Pogba comes back then I hope he can do that because I know want Fred to grow and cover CDM by himself rather than to play in a double pivot that includes another CDM that isn't the best passer.

We do have injuries so not much choice at the moment I guess.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We know you have a hard on for likes of Grealish and Maddison. Your stance on Bruno is well known.

You’re writing same stuff after every performance.

Bruno doesn’t posses the finesse in his passing but there’s more qualities to his game which make up for it. His passing in general will be around 80% because of the risks he takes. Get used to it.
I already am used to it because I watched him for Sporting and knew what we were getting. That doesn't mean I'm going to gloss over his deficiencies as a player, though.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yes, accuracy. But that's what I like in him. There's more than enough "recycle possession" players. We need different profiles.
I don't know how to express this in English, but he is the opposite of the typical Spanish Midfieder type, high precision accuracy passing, he might be the type of old school high risk type of offensive midfielder, sometimes dreadful decisions that might frustrate anyone, but then he can solve games precisely because he takes too many risks. He is a strange one. But he understands the game and works to compensate certain weaknesses of his game, next months will be crucial to adapt to a much more demanding League. Let's see.

mancan92

That wasn’t his job. He was being played as a pressing number 10 and kept Jorginho quiet.

it was a midfield battle, he’s never going to run the game by himself away at Stamford bridge.
He doesn't have to run the game himself. But in possession he can do more whether that is play a couple of passes to get us up the pitch or calm the play. Or beat a man to create some space. Often he just doesn't get that involved and the couple times he did get the ball in good positions he messed up the play. I will expect more as he gets used to the team more.

DVG7

Sort of get the feeling with him that he’s just a great player, despite not having a world class performance today. I think home versus Watford is made for him, it’s a team we should be beating and I expect him to show up players like doucore, Hughes and capoue for the mid table Level players that they are.

Ekeke

What's up? I can feel there's something going on between the Fernandes vs Maddison/Grealish comparisons. :D
Just hoping people are consistent :p

I like them all and like I said, I'm more than happy to see Bruno setting up goals with crosses

marktan

I don't know how to express this in English, but he is the opposite of the typical Spanish Midfieder type, high precision accuracy passing, he might be the type of old school high risk type of offensive midfielder, sometimes dreadful decisions that might frustrate anyone, but then he can solve games precisely because he takes too many risks. He is a strange one. But he understands the game and works to compensate certain weaknesses of his game, next months will be crucial to adapt to a much more demanding League. Let's see.
Looks more similar to someone like Lampard or Gerrard. Is how he played today how he usually played for Sporting? Never watched him but I like what I see from him from 2 games, he's constantly moving to get into good positions, has a mean shot and from today looks very good on set pieces.

He looks like he wants to link up with the attack, but without Rashford our front 3 is very poor. If we can finally get a top quality RW in that would help everyone out. Our midfield has strong options now with Bruno, Fred, Mctominay and Pogba (Matic backup). The problem with Pogba is that his position really is as an AM, so bruno would have to drop back, but if we make Fred, Mctominay and Bruno our midfield 3 then Bruno could play as the AM. Someone like Graelish has a higher level I think from open play (dribbles more, more moments of magic inside the box), but I think with us signing Bruno we don't really have a need for another AM.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Just hoping people are consistent :p

I like them all and like I said, I'm more than happy to see Bruno setting up goals with crosses
Yeah, you can't buy and play the 3 at the same time. But I get @Yagami point. Anyway if he had all those attributes together he would be almost perfect. He is human, sometimes will deliver and sometimes will be called shit. We just need to look at Pogba, but that one had a much higher level of expectations around him, and rightly so.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, you can't buy and play the 3 at the same time. But I get @Yagami point. Anyway if he had all those attributes together he would be almost perfect. He is human, sometimes will deliver and sometimes will be called shit. We just need to look at Pogba, but that one had a much higher level of expectations around him, and rightly so.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Looks more similar to someone like Lampard or Gerrard. Is how he played today how he usually played for Sporting? Never watched him but I like what I see from him from 2 games, he's constantly moving to get into good positions, has a mean shot and from today looks very good on set pieces.

He looks like he wants to link up with the attack, but without Rashford our front 3 is very poor. If we can finally get a top quality RW in that would help everyone out. Our midfield has strong options now with Bruno, Fred, Mctominay and Pogba (Matic backup). The problem with Pogba is that his position really is as an AM, so bruno would have to drop back, but if we make Fred, Mctominay and Bruno our midfield 3 then Bruno could play as the AM. Someone like Graelish has a higher level I think from open play (dribbles more, more moments of magic inside the box), but I think with us signing Bruno we don't really have a need for another AM.
Well his last 18 months there he had shit managers, it was almost a one man team after all those players who left, reason why he had so many goals and assists. He only had a good manager there in his first season under Jorge Jesus, where he played alongside William Carvalho and Battaglia, he was more restricted. Lampard or Gerrard are both England and Premier League legends, what's more similar maybe to Lampard is that he tryes to shoot a lot, sometimes too much for my taste, but the team was terrible, even if I played there I would do the same, why pass the ball to donkeys who don't know what to do with the ball. Anyway I guess at Manchester United he will be inteligent enough to understand he isn't playing on a 1 man team, let's see how he adapts to the intensity, Ole and the fact here he is always going to face high level midfielders week in week out, of course he will have better players around him.

dogwithabone

Saw enough tonight to really believe we have a proper player. Nothing outstanding but it was some of the stuff he tried that didn’t quite come off that offered real hope he will become one of the three or four missing links. Will need 6-8 games before we see his real worth emerging.

Bebestation

You look at City & Liverpool - they have a bunch of players in their prime or approaching their prime.

We have Fred, Pogba, De gea, Maguire, Bruno Fernandes. I think this is starting to show who performs and how they perform- we need to chill with the youngster building as our plan A because we have enough of them literally everywhere & not enough players who are 25+.

tomaldinho1

Be interested to see him when we play the packed defences because Chelsea were so open when Kante went off. He did look sharp, he can take corners which is worth it's weight in gold for us and looks like he'll be a decent FK taker as well. Am hoping he turns out to be a great signing for us.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Only player apart from Pogba that can naturally and consistently produce flawless technique with the ball under any demand or situation. That is truly a league of it's own when it comes to 'top players'. Some of his quickness of thinking today was a breath of fresh air. I haven't seen that kind of efficiency since we had Rooney, Scholes, and Carrick bossing the middle of the park. Could have easily had a goal and assist today effortlessly.

You can see glimpses from him already. Has a nice deft touch, good weight of pass and showing some good delivery. We won’t see the best of him until next season; however, the signs are there that he’s a classy little player.
100%. Looked our most technical player by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.