Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's a combination of mentality and quality with him and it shows how important having the right personality is at this level. There's plenty of good creative players with a nice shooting technique around who are producing good stats, very few seem to have the fire inthem like this guy has though.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
And his work rate is immense. Closing down like mad man up front. It rubs off others too, when you start seeing Martial run around pressing Gk.
I know, who’d have thought it? Great to see. I’ve been one of Martians biggest critics but I voted him man of the match today. More of that please.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I know, who’d have thought it? Great to see. I’ve been one of Martians biggest critics but I voted him man of the match today. More of that please.
Wow.. we do see things differently :D . Martial isn't even close to my MotM. He wasted so many opportunities, and got "lucky" goal with that straight shot.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Someone remind me of the last player who has had such a before/after impact on our team? I'm struggling.

He is everything I expected and much more (because my expectations were very low)

KennyBurner

Fernandes knows ball. I know its been answered a million times but why didnt we sign this fella back then? I just love him.

SATA

For a great player he is, he certainly whinges a lot at his teammates. The same sort of thing Berbatov used to do and it kind of annoys me. I don’t really like to see it but if that keeps them up on their toes and playing on his level, i’m all for it. Rather than players putting their heads down after a bad pass or shot

Hoof the ball

So much for all of the "he can pass in Portugal, but will he be able to pass in England" bullshit
I hate that too.

It's not as if gravity works differently in the UK. A pass is a pass. The ability to weight a pass doesn't change whether you're in Portugal or England. People act like he's walking into a country with 20 teams consisting of Baresi/Maldini regens. Anyone in their right mind could have seen that his skillset is immediately transferable.

And good for him, too.

Leader and definitely a future captain.

Utdstar01

For a great player he is, he certainly whinges a lot at his teammates. The same sort of thing Berbatov used to do and it kind of annoys me. I don’t really like to see it but if that keeps them up on their toes and playing on his level, i’m all for it. Rather than players putting their heads down after a bad pass or shot
Nah, players need that kick up the arse. Our squad are too nicey nice for their own good.

OldSchoolManc

I love him!
He obviously lives and breathes football and infects all around him.
Captain material. As much of a change as Cantona made.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Who is this guy? Jeez what an absolute menace. Love him. Has fixed so many issues. Free-kicks, corners, attitude, creativity. Boss

Hoof the ball

I think it's because tactically and positionally he's a few steps ahead of most of his teammates. He doesn't always get the ball in the right place at the right time and I imagine it's immensely frustrating for a player used to being the most influential one in the team.

Art Vandelay

Someone remind me of the last player who has had such a before/after impact on our team? I'm struggling.

He is everything I expected and much more (because my expectations were very low)
Van der Sar maybe? We were having no luck with keepers for years until he finally came in and replaced Schmeichel. Probably didn't have quite the same impact though.

Art Vandelay

I think it's because tactically and positionally he's a few steps ahead of most of his teammates. He doesn't always get the ball in the right place at the right time and I imagine it's immensely frustrating for a player used to being the most influential one in the team.
Not only that, but it must be immensely frustrating for him to be finding space and consistently being ignored. It happens several times every match he plays.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Who is this guy? Jeez what an absolute menace. Love him. Has fixed so many issues. Free-kicks, corners, attitude, creativity. Boss
He whipped one corner to set Maguire in open space for heading. Sadly, the Captain had a bit headache at that time.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Football is weird eh. If you're not world-class by 21 years old you'll never fulfil your potential apparently. Yet Bruno Fernandes was still in Portugal at 25 years old. What a player, and again it shows how important a high footballing IQ is. Pereira and Lingard just don't come close.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Van der Sar maybe? We were having no luck with keepers for years until he finally came in and replaced Schmeichel. Probably didn't have quite the same impact though.
VDS is up there for sure.

Struggling to think of any other additions that just came in and lifted the entire team up like this. Maybe it's because I'm drunk

Hoof the ball

Football is weird eh. If you're not world-class by 21 years old you'll never fulfil your potential apparently. Yet Bruno Fernandes was still in Portugal at 25 years old. What a player, and again it shows how important a high footballing IQ is. Pereira and Lingard just don't come close.
I'd venture to suggest that at 21, Fernandes, even then, possessed a high footballing IQ. Experience comes with time, but you can just spot tactical intelligence right-off-the-bat, even at a formative age.

Hoof the ball

Not only that, but it must be immensely frustrating for him to be finding space and consistently being ignored. It happens several times every match he plays.
He's very good at moving without the ball. Most players follow the motion of the ball in an attacking transition, but Bruno often anticipates the oppositions defensive movements and puts himself in wide open spaces.

Classical Mechanic

Not his most active game but made the telling contribution again. He should have had a goal when James bodged that counter too. He also runs really hard. Can't fault him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Xavi was in no man's land before he's 25 y.o. Being a creative CM comes with age (with an exception on some players).

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Such a good footballer.

A season-changing move, and as the games go by you just wonder where we would be had we signed him in the summer.

Certainly not 37 points behind the leaders.

ash_86

He's having the impact Vvd had at Liverpool when he came in. Boosted the spirits and made the players believe in themselves.

Kopral Jono

What a baller. We're talking Van Persie-level instant impact here, maybe even more given our predicament as a football club.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's a shame Martial and James didn't pass to him so he could get his goal, we all talk about his ball playing skills but he moves around like a poacher around the box, hopefully his team mates can wiseup.

RedIan

What a pass for the first goal, he reminds me of cantona they way he creates chances out of nothing. best signing we have made in many years. Maybe going back too RVP.

reddevil80

Don't know how to embed twitter videos but just seen the vid of Bruno telling Pep to shut up and keep it down.

This guy is becoming an absolute hero each and every game.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Honestly, he's gonna go down in our history books as one of our best signings if he carries on like this.

I'm not a fan of the 'Portuguese magnifico' part of his song but magnifico indeed.

Didn''t see it when it happened but only in the replays, I love that he has hand movements to signify for Martial to run on set pieces. Clearly we're working on them and we've got a worldie at delivering them.

Telling Pep to STFU is the icing on the cake.

What a fecking player he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.