Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its nice that people think Pogba and Fernandes will play together regularly.

Rolaholic

Don't know anything about regularly but he's back in training this week so it's not out of the question that we'll see them playing together sooner rather than later...

Bestietom

Just because you say something or post an article by someone it doesn't equate to it being a fact, me not bowing down to it has mothing to with it not suiting my argument, I have shown I can be won over by players or by points of view, so far nothing I've seen and nothing you've said convince me, if that's an issue for you then don't quote me again, I didn't start this rehashed debate, and no, I still see zero Scholes comparison, he's not got the positional or passing quality of Scholes who was pin point, Bruno is super erratic.

No argument from me mate, not sure who at this point though.
Yes, we should wait and see who is best suited for the Job and if he really wants to play for us. I'm sure we may spot someone coming through at the euro finals.

mancan92

He is a player of moments and drifts out of the game for huge periods. Which is why we absolutely need a player behind him who is technically great and is constantly looking for the ball. If not I can see times where Bruno would get isolated and not able to have an influence on games especially when teams start to pay special attention to him.

The Original

I mostly agree, but there is a time and a place to take those kinds of risks. The further up the field you are and the more teammates you have behind you, the more you can take risks. Pogba has been somewhat guilty of losing the ball (more often when he's tackled rather than misplacing the ball) in areas of the field which instantly puts us in a lot of danger. I do think a large part of that has been that our movement has been so bad that he hasn't had a good option to pass to so he waits a bit longer than he should, but he still has to take some of the blame. It's definitely not as big a problem as some people make out, but it does happen and it is something that hopefully he can improve on (both because he's doing better on the individual level and because our movement improves so he has more options).
You know, I think Pogba's dallying on the ball, and Bruno's misplaced passes may have one common denominator: poor movement from other players.

In Pogba's case, he tends to hold on till he finds a good option, whereas Bruno tends to attempt a pass anyway.

laughtersassassin

You know, I think Pogba's dallying on the ball, and Bruno's misplaced passes may have one common denominator: poor movement from other players.

In Pogba's case, he tends to hold on till he finds a good option, whereas Bruno tends to attempt a pass anyway.
It's 100% this. Watch when Pogba holds onto the ball and 90% of the time none of our players are ever looking for it. He doesn't do it for France unless he is trying to suck multiple players in to create extra space for others.

laughtersassassin

I stuck my neck out all summer saying we should go all out for him and even as grelish got more popular I said we should go for Bruno.

He's doing so well I am honestly thinking if we get sancho next season and one more CM we could be fighting for 1/2.
Well if Pogba goes we still need Grealish

Irrational.

It just begs the question why we didn't go balls to the wall for him in the summer. With all the rumours/ briefings that we weren't impressed by his passing it came across like we genuinely would've let him go to Spurs.

Only when there was nothing left to play for, as a last desperate resort and a throw of the dice to save Ole's managerial career did we get serious for him, almost like as our scouts said 'well the season's dead and we don't have anything to lose, we might as well'.

Our scouting, planning and hiring department are surely one of the most inept amongst the top clubs. We'd be comfortably in the top four had they pulled their fingers out last summer.

Jericho

It just begs the question why we didn't go balls to the wall for him in the summer. With all the rumours/ briefings that we weren't impressed by his passing it came across like we genuinely would've let him go to Spurs.

Only when there was nothing left to play for, as a last desperate resort and a throw of the dice to save Ole's managerial career did we get serious for him, almost like as our scouts said 'well the season's dead and we don't have anything to lose, we might as well'.

Our scouting, planning and hiring department are surely one of the most inept amongst the top clubs. We'd be comfortably in the top four had they pulled their fingers out last summer.
I assume the thinking was that since we had Pogba we'd be ok, only for him to get injured and then look ever more likely to leave the club.

The Original

Certainly scouting is the one dept that deserves praise with the signings that have come in, no?

Brightonian

I assume the thinking was that since we had Pogba we'd be ok, only for him to get injured and then look ever more likely to leave the club.
Exactly. Plus the price being quoted was by all accounts about half as high again as what we ended up paying, which would have been a huge expenditure on someone who might easily have ended up competing for game time with Paul Pogba all season.

Let's just enjoy that we have him now.

romufc

Exactly. Plus the price being quoted was by all accounts about half as high again as what we ended up paying, which would have been a huge expenditure on someone who might easily have ended up competing for game time with Paul Pogba all season.

Let's just enjoy that we have him now.
I agree, it just annoys me when fans say why didnt we do this in the summer etc.. clearly the plan was Poga but unfortunately he got injured.

We got him for a cheaper fee than the summer so lets look forward to him rather than keep moaning.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I told you feckers since 2017 this lad was the real deal :) I’m happy he is doing well

Sporting look like a pub team right now and it just shows how he literally was a one man team. I mean he literally carried us to the Cup Final by dismantling Benfica all on his own AND scoring against Porto in the final.

United are a few players away and real coach away from being a contender once more.
Gonna quote you again mate! Absolute baller, I love the way he plays the game. Gutted we never got him in the summer, and actually feel sorry for you guys losing him! But thanks :lol::devil:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Bingo, it's always been this way but people just can't see beyond what's in front of them. To them it's him not moving the ball fast enough, but he's looking for the killer pass.

He could happily move the ball 10 yards sideways or backwards and keep possession, but we'd never create. Pogba because he's physically capable, he doesn't care if people get close as he holds then off. Fernandes launches the pass a little bit faster but makes more mistakes. It's the same thing just in a different style.

Right now though our midfielder and defense have been solid so it hasn't really effected us negatively.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Gonna quote you again mate! Absolute baller, I love the way he plays the game. Gutted we never got him in the summer, and actually feel sorry for you guys losing him! But thanks :lol::devil:
You know what would make it better? I signed up for the chance to win a signed Bruno United jersey on the Manchester United Facebook page so hopefully they pick me as compensation for taking our best player :)

Inter Yer Nan

Class player and great attitude. Being in California, I have to wake up early on weekends after a night on the keg to watch our games and this became a genuine chore but he's really been the catalyst in changing that for me. Making the football enjoyable again and you can see he's helped lift the fans and players. It's great when you get a player of rare talent that's willing to run his balls off and has natural leadership and loves playing for his team.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can't wait to see Bruno + Rashford together. He's going to get so many chances from our new Portuguese Magnifico.

Devil may care

I don't think I've seen anyone settle into the PL so quickly or have such an effect on a team's confidence so immediately, especially mid season, hats off to Bruno.

Yes, we should wait and see who is best suited for the Job and if he really wants to play for us. I'm sure we may spot someone coming through at the euro finals.
I know this is a dig and that's cool, but I don't get the post in conjubction with the one you quoted in truth.

Tiber

I know memes are frowned upon, but this one is rather fantastic

What a signing. This is the impact Pogba should have had when he arrived

Legendary

@Niall

The stats are wrong, Bruno should have three goals, he had two penalties against Watford and Brugge, and then a long ranged one against Everton.

Bestietom

I don't think I've seen anyone settle into the PL so quickly or have such an effect on a team's confidence so immediately, especially mid season, hats off to Bruno.

I know this is a dig and that's cool, but I don't get the post in conjubction with the one you quoted in truth.
No it's not a dig @Devil may care, . I mean there are players coming through all the time, and may be someone who is better than the person we are interested in now.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He brings so much to the team, not just quality on the ball. He has the right attitude, seems to be a quiet doer, exactly what we need

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Its amazing how we unearth him out of nowhere. Nobody even heard of him until January 2020.

Complete surprise. Well done scouting team.

Its amazing how we unearth him out of nowhere. Nobody even heard of him until January 2020.

Complete surprise. Well done scouting team.
We were looking at him from 2017 Ribalta recommend him.

Espn

The club's recruitment department had been aware of Fernandes' talent for some time. A favourite of former United head scout Javier Ribalta, the attacking midfielder had been on the club's radar since 2017

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What will happen is that he'll return and then there'll be a ban on sporting events, the PL will be on hiatus, Pogba will then feck off to Italy

HowYouDoin

He is a player of moments and drifts out of the game for huge periods. Which is why we absolutely need a player behind him who is technically great and is constantly looking for the ball. If not I can see times where Bruno would get isolated and not able to have an influence on games especially when teams start to pay special attention to him.
Underrated post

RedCurry

Comparions with Pogba are always going to happen. But one thing I think is very clear from his first handful of games for us is the difference in tempo between them. Pogba often slows down moves hanging onto the ball a long time. Bruno is happy to flick or play a first time pass and surprise the opponent putting us on the front foot straight away.
A team needs both types of players. Players who can control the tempo and those who can play short quick one-two's. Pogba is far better player around the centre circle where he can organize the team. Bruno is much better closer to the striker. When Pogba finally moves to Madrid he'll be seen as a replacement for Modric, not Isco.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Comparions with Pogba are always going to happen. But one thing I think is very clear from his first handful of games for us is the difference in tempo between them. Pogba often slows down moves hanging onto the ball a long time. Bruno is happy to flick or play a first time pass and surprise the opponent putting us on the front foot straight away.
Yep. Huge difference between them and Bruno's is for sure more beneficial IMO. Hes capable of slowing it down, but he sees things so quickly that he can take a touch and play it forward pretty much instantly on the turn, like Scholes used to do. Sees where the players are before he gets the ball and already knows what he's going to do with it. Pogba is capable of it, but far too often likes taking a few touches first to dribble past someone.

DoomSlayer

A team needs both types of players. Players who can control the tempo and those who can play short quick one-two's. Pogba is far better player around the centre circle where he can organize the team. Bruno is much better closer to the striker. When Pogba finally moves to Madrid he'll be seen as a replacement for Modric, not Isco.
The problem is there is a perception that Pogba lacks the positional discipline to dictate the play.

Right now, if we can get Pogba to play deeper, next to a ball winner like Fred or McTominay, with Fernandes in front of them, it can be a special midfield. Question is if Pogba wants to embrace such a role in order to move forward with the team's progression. Mourinho criticised him exactly for that after the 2018 World cup win - basically asking why the player cannot show the same consistency and discipline at club level in a similar positional midfield role as he played for France.

I believe we can suddenly have one of the best set of midfield 3s in the world, but Pogba has to buy into the idea a 100%. You could say we have very similar players to Kante and Griezmann right now - Fred and Fernandes. The defense is solidifying so we must give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.