7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRedDevil

Probably being overplayed. It’s just one of those games. Plus every time he gets the ball no one does anything to make him a good pass. They all just stand still. Though he needs to calm down with the overhead through balls though the centre since they keep blocking them mid air.

arnie_ni

Pretty awful today but still with game changing moments like the flick for the red card.

Played to many straight wee chips into the box for my liking.

Shame he had to play 120 mins.

Mcking

His erratic game was in full display today. For a frontline playmaker, he is quite hit and miss.

Gordon S

Not at his very best today but his workrate is still great. Takes responsiblity and helps out in defence a lot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wasn't his day today, but when it's not your day you have to dig in and work hard and boy did he do that.

120 minutes and he's chasing back as the last defender. He really is a winner and has massive determination. Can't be angry at him at all.

That's the beauty of having 2 good playmakers in the team, usually it's Pogba play well or don't win. Now it's if 1 of them isn't on their game the other can pop up.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Weird game. He wasn't great yet still put some great balls through and was the catalyst for the sending off. I probably would've rested him for this match, especially with the PL looming.

Zoo

He’s quality but fell into our usual trap of trying to force it, something we’ve seen happen to Pogba far too much. The more quality we have out there the less the burden will be on one individual player.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was abit shit today. 1/4 yard off pace made him look wasteful and like a hollywood reject.

Its fine, because we also already know he has world class in his locker.

LJJT

He was absolutely fecked today, visibly knackered but he was still making things happen. He reminds me of Giggs in his later years. If you want a player getting 90%+ passing stats that isn’t Bruno but two or three passes create match winning chances and he does that nearly every game

AltiUn

Wasn't his day today, but when it's not your day you have to dig in and work hard and boy did he do that.

120 minutes and he's chasing back as the last defender. He really is a winner and has massive determination. Can't be angry at him at all.

That's the beauty of having 2 good playmakers in the team, usually it's Pogba play well or don't win. Now it's if 1 of them isn't on their game the other can pop up.
Yeah, good way of looking at it. It's been far two long since we had multiple midfield creators.

He never stopped running to his credit.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it’s harsh to slate him. If that defender didn’t take Ighalo down then Bruno has another lovely assist.
If you want to see a really shit performance, look at Lingard today.

Quinzaine

I think we need to be careful in how we manage him now. The amount he's played in 7 days is absurd and he's not a player we can afford to put at risk. I'd play Matic, Fred, Pogba against Brighton and bring Bruno on for the latter stages.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think it’s harsh to slate him. If that defender didn’t take Ighalo down then Bruno has another lovely assist.
If you want to see a really shit performance, look at Lingard today.
It's very harsh to slate him. No one takes as many risks as he does - so he will always have games where say, 50% of his creative passes or shots don't work. But the chances he does create still outweigh the contributions of everyone else.

Would much rather see him do what he did today for every match if it means he creates up 3-4 game changing moments.

Dan_F

Really deserves a rest against Brighton. Even in the last minute he hit that shot over and turned right around and sprinted back.

We will probably have to accept that on an off night he will probably look really bad. He’s not going to just hide and play simple stuff.

SATA

No. Watch the actual game and make your conclusions. Don’t purely look at the statistics. He was absolutely wasteful today, whether it was making passes or shooting. He was just forcing it. Pogba on the other hand was more controlled doing those

AltiUn

Really deserves a rest against Brighton. Even in the last minute he hit that shot over and turned right around and sprinted back.

We will probably have to accept that on an off night he will probably look really bad. He’s not going to just hide and play simple stuff.
We should've rested him today, we can't really afford to rest him in a league game, the alternatives are Pereira and Lingard which is terrifying.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Never understood the obsession with "pass completion ratio, mate".

Almost every time he gets the ball, he has an idea in his mind of how he can threaten the opposition goal or further the attack and tries to do it. If it comes off even once, it's a match winner. Why the feck would anybody rather have something like current Juan Mata's 'receive ball, look up, have a dither, wait for defence to get set, knock it sideways' instead?

When it doesn't come off, he's also the first one charging back to help out the defence.

Dan_F

We should've rested him today, we can't really afford to rest him in a league game, the alternatives are Pereira and Lingard which is terrifying.
I’d rather just play a midfield three with Pogba most advanced.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I like his work rate and persistence. He did some absolutely shit passes today but still demanded the ball and found moments of quality later on.

He is almost too direct at times, as when you’re trying to break a team down I think patience is the key, but then again I’m sure in the future he will win us matches with his creativity. I suppose he did today with the little flick that led to the red card - i’m convinced we were going out without that.

Ace of Spades

Looked tired, and yet did not stop running. Poor game, but still came up with some crucial moments.

Walters_19_MuFc

One of his poorer games today, but despite that, he's always got that moment of magic in him that can change a game.

I was actually surprised to see him start today, nevermind play 120 mins, but Ole obviously feels his fitness levels are good enough to do so.

RooneyLegend

Don't know why Ole is running him into the ground. He's got elite Vision but not elite execution. At this point I'm fine with it if we have other quality players around trying to make things happen. When he's alone like in the first half it gets messy.

Kag

He encountered the same problem Pogba has had to contend with: spending the first 70 minutes playing surrounded by dickheads who aren’t good enough. He tried lots; most didn’t come off.

That said, his chance creation is brilliant and his vision contributed to the sending off. His work rate is phenomenal, too. His chase back to the goal line in extra time is exactly what playing for United is all about. I think he was shooting on goal about thirty seconds later.

Great player.

Last edited:

Kag

Poor game by his standards, he could do with a rest.
Nah. If we rest him then we won’t win enough games. We need to play him and Pogba in every game and hope that they do the business inside 70 minutes before getting them off. It’s the only way.

AFC NimbleThumb

Nah. If we rest him then we won’t win enough games. We need to play him and Pogba in every game and hope that they do the business inside 70 minutes before getting them off. It’s the only way.
With the 5 subs it’s really the only way.

Start with the strongest 11 & hope to be 2/3 up round the 70th then make changes.

The United

He had a shit game for his standard with us.

Then, I look at Mata passing back all the time and I am thankful that at least we have someone in advance position is trying to force forward passes.

I have no problem with it mainly. We have 2 CMs behind him plus himself to win the ball back. I just can't stand backwards passing from anyone else playing in his position.

Red00012

I have to laugh at the posts about him been shit tonight . What the feck would you call Lingards performance? Probably needs a rest Tuesday night but a fully strength team minus Bruno should be beating Brighton

Last edited:

Bobski

He was very poor today. Its OK against the likes of Norwich but this kind of performance pogba got slaughtered for.
Pogba was the most expensive transfer of all time when he was brought back. That just might have something to do with the higher expectations.

The United

He was very poor today. Its OK against the likes of Norwich but this kind of performance pogba got slaughtered for.
Yup. Thankfully, Bruno has not had his family and agents talking shit about us yet. Otherwise, he will get that shit pretty soon too.

Pav1878

He encountered the same problem Pogba has had to contend with: spending the first 70 minutes playing surrounded by dickheads who aren’t good enough. He tried lots; most didn’t come off.

That said, his chance creation is brilliant and his vision contributed to the sending off. His work rate is phenomenal, too. His chase back to the goal line in extra time is exactly what playing for United is all about. I think he was shooting on goal about thirty seconds later.

Great player.
Great post. 'surrounded by dickheads' :lol:

E-mal

I have to laugh at the posts about him been shit tonight . What the feck would you call Lingards performance? Probably needs a rest Tuesday night but a fully strength team minus Bruno should be beating Brighton
I cant waste my time talking about Jesse's shit show.

kirk buttercup

Great player.
This is probably one of my favourite posts ever . "surrounded by Dickheads " absolutely spot on .

Status
Not open for further replies.