5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

There is no way this is anywhere near one of our worst performances of the season with or without Ronaldo's goals. Fred, Sancho and Ronaldo all very good. In our very bad games it's poor all round.
Comprehensively outplayed at home by a terrible Spurs side. Saved by a worldie from Ronaldo and a corner, in addition to one genuinely good goal.

If that game finishes 2-2 then this place is on fire.

Viral United

And Ronaldo was able to flourish because the team behind him played as a team. We only conceded because of two mistakes, and we could've scored more ourselves outside of Ronaldo.

if he starts against Atletico, I hope you're all right, but I think his best role in big games should be as a super sub. If we're losing, he comes on and takes all the risks he wants. If we're winning, his work rate could see us through when defending the lead.
Apart from second goal, which goal you are considering as team goal?
If I am not wrong Bruno had a assist in his name in reverse fixture again spurs.

Redlyn

Comprehensively outplayed at home by a terrible Spurs side. Saved by a worldie from Ronaldo and a corner, in addition to one genuinely good goal.

What you are saying makes it a poor game but one of the worst? Have you seen us this season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's simply no comparison between Bruno and Pogba. Bruno is the much better player and he's shown that in a Utd shirt. Can actually run for 90 mins too. Imagine.

They needed a penalty and an OG to score, and we scored 3. In no world were we comprehensively outplayed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm embarrassed enough to admit I only thought "where's Bruno" about 70 mins in :nervous:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He’s started in plenty of ‘big game’ wins.

We won today because of Ronaldo and Ronaldo alone, in one of our worst performances of the season.

Strange take, this.
Ronaldo and Fred.

DevTheRed

Some of these comments :lol:

He is 100% a starter for us and a key player.. I do wish he would keep things a little bit simpler sometimes though. I don’t mind the odd Hollywood ball but sometimes he can try and force It a bit much.. he’s an emotional player on the pitch and that can sometimes get the better of him.

Amira

I didn’t miss him today. But that was more due to Fred keeping things moving very well than anything Pogba did.

Pogba was frustrating to watch today. He takes far too many touches, always seeking contact before releasing the ball.

I think Bruno’s just been trying too hard recently. I wish he’d keep things simple and tidy and let the game come to him more. However, I don’t think he should be undroppable. I don’t think anyone should be undroppable.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Abraxas

How can you draw much from today? We weren't good. We didn't create that much, Ronaldo pulled us out of the mire. We conceded possession, conceded the pitch but didn't actually convince in how we defended in doing so.

In other words, poor, just as it has been with Bruno in the side. No real stand out difference except having one less player on the pitch that tends to pull something out of his arse during 90 mins. We're a better side with him for this reason - because while we have no obvious cohesiveness we need to rely on individual brilliance. It was Ronaldo today but it's so often Bruno.

If Spurs had got something out of the game people would be striking a completely different tone. Separate the result from the performance

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Come on guys, Spurs had complete control in the middle today. Thankfully Fred did a great job in mopping up but we missed Bruno because he's a quality player.

MUFC OK

Much preferred out shape with Pogba in the 10. Ball retention vs breakdowns of possession. Serious food for thought in my opinion.

RedRoach

Pogba was god awful in this game not sure how this can be used as a sign that we are better without Bruno

Swedish_Plumber

Why was he not in the squad today? Been out all day so not aware of the news.

Feel like anyone saying we are better off without him forgets where we’d be if he’d never arrived in the first place.

UnReal

I didn’t miss him today. But that was more due to Fred keeping things moving very well than anything Pogba did.

Pogba was frustrating to watch today. He takes far too many touches, always seeking contact before releasing the ball.

I think Bruno’s just been trying too hard recently. I wish he’d keep things simple and tidy and let the game come to him more. However, I don’t think he should be undroppable. I don’t think anyone should be undroppable.
Same feelings.

I didn’t miss him today at all.Pogba lost the ball enough times, imagine also having Bruno in the game giving away possession every time he touches the ball.
True

Red00012

The biggest difference in Bruno and Pogba is the amount of work Bruno does off the ball compared to Pogba

MattofManchester

I had faith Ronaldo would find his form, and I have faith Bruno will too.

He seems low on confidence and trying way too hard at the moment.

When he arrived, he was fairly carefree and it was great to watch him. At his best, he's still brilliant.
He just seems to have lost the ease at which he played.

It's all tense and uptight now. Overthought and overdone.

flappyjay

He such a child a couple of tackles on him he loses his head and spends the match screaming at the ref.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he recovering from COVID still? Can’t understand taking him off if he’s fully fit.

EtH

Assistant referee.
Typical big match performance. Winds himself up no end and then proceeds to feck everything he touches up.

At this point I’m not sure any team can really challenge with a #10 who gives the ball away as much as he does.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A- Spurs isn't a big game
B- we beat Spurs earlier this season far more comfortably with Bruno in the team (he got an assist as well)
Spurs is a big game considering where we are as a club now. Also, in the reverse fixture, Spurs had Nuno who was doing a terrible job.
We were shite.
Not as bad as when Bruno plays.
There's simply no comparison between Bruno and Pogba. Bruno is the much better player and he's shown that in a Utd shirt. Can actually run for 90 mins too. Imagine.
Bruno has never performed in big games for us.

Pogba was a key player in the last two cups we won, and has had good games against City, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc.

Mainoldo

No longer an agenda against him. Just give him the role he deserves. He is Herrera’s replacement. Treat him like it.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Get the ball. Play killer pass. Fall. Complain. No tempo setting. No control. No dribbling. No ball retention.

Stats are important but imagine Maddison got the ball and went for the assist or shot EVERTIME. His stats would be immense too.

He has been very good for us but most of his good work occurred in empty away stadiums against lower teams.

He's good. Not great. No shame in that.

He has reverted to his Portugal form which is bench option or starting vs certain teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.