5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

Thought it was very telling in his post match interview, when he said, "We (Man Utd) had nothing to play for, whereas Liverpool are going for the league".

Is he not aware that before tonight there was still a slim chance of top 4?
Not only that, is he not aware how much these matches mean to the fans?

Bizarre thing for him to say.

***I have just re-watched it back, and the exact comments word for word from Bruno were the following:
“Liverpool are fighting for the title, that is the difference, we (Man Utd) are not fighting for nothing at the moment”.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You’re arguing with someone who thinks Pogba’s been great for us. Enough said.
I’ve never said he’s been great for us. It’s hypocrites like you though that make one rule for one player and one for another. You want to read through your comments on Pogba. Trying to downplay everything and anything positive. That’s fine but that has to also apply to other players in that case. Bruno has been absolutely terrible since 2020 performance wise most weeks and only penalties saved him more criticism last season. But you know penalties don’t mean anything don’t you. It’s all about inspiring others particularly in the biggest games. Elevating them.

Denis79

Thought it was very telling in his post match interview, when he said, "We (Man Utd) had nothing to play for, whereas Liverpool are going for the league".

I switched off everything after the game so never saw anything post match. Did he really say we had nothing to play for?

Valencia Shin Crosses

The fact he’s been a pivotal player in seasons where we finished in the top four, despite having the most ineffective defensive midfield of basically any team in the top half of the league (with a back four/keeper that also leave a lot to desire) shows how stupidly over the top all this criticism of his wastefulness is. Play him at the sharp end of a team who are actually capable of quickly winning the ball back when we lose possession in the final third and we’ll start to get the best out of him.
Play him where?? On a forward line? Because otherwise you have to stick him in midfield and watch his wastefulness and lack of any sort of positional awareness destroy the structure in the middle of the park.

You people that defend bruno as if he's Gareth Bale at Tottenham or some other golden boy among a shower of shite do realize that the criticism isn't that he's a terrible all around player right? No one is saying he wasn't good in some past seasons or that he doesn't' have certain attributes that are top class. But there should rightly be skepticism over whether he can fit within a side that looks to play within a structure in modern football with organized pressing as well as the ability to retain the ball. Not even mentioning his tendency to be pretty terrible against any sort of good side, but Bruno has shown very little both here, with his national team, or even at Sporting to suggest he can play a different role effectively other than letting him roam free as a pseudo striker and giving him free license all over the pitch.

Also I don't think I've seen a single person suggest he is the "main problem" with this joke of a side.

Greck

Oxymoron.
I'm wondering about replies claiming confidence that a player notorious for tactical indiscipline will shine in one of the most tactical and discipline demanding football system's. Managers like ETH go after player profile not names. As with Rashford and Elanga don't be surprised if he swings the other way and has someone from the academy getting the nod because they follow instructions. Possession football is all about the build up and Bruno's is really really gash when he isn't getting a goal contribution. I'm not even placing a fiver on Bruno being a weekly starter this time next year. I'm just not confident enough to predict he will translate properly. In fact could be a toal disaster.

TsuWave

The guy is just not very good. This religious zealousness for a player that only had a good first season is insane.

KeanoMagicHat

His form wasn’t good in December either….but 23 games is almost two thirds of a season. He wasn’t pivotal doesn’t mean he didn’t play a role in it. He just wasn’t pivotal.
He was man of the match 3 times out of 6 games, three goals and four assists...

The guy is just not very good. This religious zealousness for a player that only had a good first season is insane.
PFA Team of the Year, 28 goals in all competitions and United Player of the Year in his second season.... such a bad season.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Did he say that?? The fecking wanker. How about playing for your massive pay rise, if not for the fans, or top 4 you dopey cnut..

The Oracle

Did he say that?? The fecking wanker. How about playing for your massive pay rise, if not for the fans, or top 4 you dopey cnut..
Yes he said it, and Roy Keane and Graeme Souness didn't even pick up on it when it went back to the studio.

I have just re-watched it back, and the exact comments word for word from Bruno were the following:
“Liverpool are fighting for the title, that is the difference, we (Man Utd) are not fighting for nothing at the moment”.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

That's a pretty fecked up thing to say to be honest. I thought he was one of the ones who at least had the right mentality.

Mainoldo

the guy is a bum.
:lol: :lol:

He didn’t even have a better glow up season than Payet but you’d think he’s the best midfielder in the league. Even Gerrard could be put on that argument.

He still has some clout. Sell him to Barca on some loan to buy. He can stat pad in the Spanish league easily.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That's a pretty fecked up thing to say to be honest. I thought he was one of the ones who at least had the right mentality.
It's true though. They have fecked it up already. The squad is messed up, we know this and we have nothing to play for. It's their fault, well, some of them. The others are stuck in the same shit boat, and this guy specifically has just committed to us instead of jumping ship. Sure, it's not the best choice of words if used as an excuse as to why he personally didn't put in a shift, but speaking for the "team" he is absolutely right. Man Utd played shit scared focusing on not losing 0-6. 4 is bad enough but half these players have completely lost it. Pretenders, and some just bad players. Bruno, isn't. He is rather annoying though because of his complaining attitude, but i think that's just because he reminds me how close we felt to a real team last season, and now we aint.

Red_toad

When he spoke to the players in the dressing room after the match was it to apologise for repeatedly losing possession? Guy is in terrible form and needs to work on himself before pointing out issues other have…

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't know where this idea that he's a winner has come from. He's won nothing throughout his career. Sporting won the league in I don't know how long straight after he left. Those quotes sum him up.

AndyMUFC

He's really poor at the moment and considering he's been our most creative player since he arrived, it's having a big impact on the team. Hopefully the summer will do him some good.

The Oracle

I have just re-watched it back, and the exact comments word for word from Bruno were the following:

reddevilz007

Handing him a contract extension when he has been terrible this season is baffling.

We’re rewarding players for mediocrity.

Wilt

Don’t rate him. After going behind v Liverpool his body language was shite.

jem

I don't buy the revisionism that he was poor in previous years. However, he has been absolutely abysmal for the most part of this season.

Loon

:lol:
He's the best of a mediocre bunch and, as good as he can be (against certain opposition), I wouldn't shed a tear if ten Hag thought he could be replaced with better.

Cloud7

It’s the usual performance we get from him in the big games. I don’t think anyone should be surprised? At this point we know what he does and doesn’t bring to the table at United.

Martial

He's shit. Sancho's shit. Varane's shit. Rangnick's shit.

Everyone's shit. That must be it. That's the only explanation.

RedDevil250

Tired of seeing him go down so easily, hold his hand up like he's asking for his bar tab or in university answering a question, and take himself out of play on either end of the pitch. Been crap for a while now. 200k-300k or whatever he's on, way too much. Another dud contract extension.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So glad we gave him a new contract. Can't be having big players' contrcts running out soon. Phew

amolbhatia50k

Looking at his performances I don't think we should consider him untouchable. We may need to bring in another AM to replace Pogba (maybe Nkuku? Or someone who can play CM too). At the moment we sacrifice midfield control due to Bruno and he's not justifying it. Or Mjebri can get chsnced there next season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Pogba said the same so obviously much of the squad feel this way. Weirdos
Unbelievable! Pogba is off so who cares but Bruno… shows that dressing room has an attitude problem. Most teams in the PL dont play for the trophy but you always give your all ffs

amolbhatia50k

Unbelievable! Pogba is off so who cares but Bruno… shows that dressing room has an attitude problem. Most teams in the PL dont play for the trophy but you always give your all ffs
Playing Liverpool who are going for their 20th league title and the quadruple (pukes) is something to play for, you'd think.

This lot actually feel they should be competing for titles it seems and anything less is beneath then. Winning mentality :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully he will be benched under new manager, players should be picked on form. He has been poor for some time to ignore.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Pogba said it a few weeks ago as well. What a set of cnuts these players are.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
“Liverpool are fighting for the title, that’s the difference. We’re fighting for nothing. We have to look inside and try to understand what is going wrong.”
Asked whether United wanted the season to end, he replied: “No, that cannot happen. If someone doesn’t want to compete they should stay out of the team.
“We have to at least fight for the badge.”
This is the full quote. The quote that is getting all the press has more depth to it than it appears. Bruno is talking about how they are not even fighting for their own pride.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If I were to give my very honest opinion…

I think he is only good when we are playing quick counter attack individual football. As he will get all space and freedom to shoot, and picking up forward making their runs with his final balls too. He is also an aggressive player who is willing to press. That’s what he is good at.

But in terms of overall team play, possession football and build up play, he is very poor at those. Hence he is not an attacking midfielder for me, he is not a playmaker either, he has always been a shadow striker, and an impact player.

So, I am not sure how well will he fit into Ten Haag plan to be very honest. He may be destructive on our overall team play, as he always loss possession with his careless/risky passing. I think we may try him on false 9 role in 433, only allow to play a pass in dangerous area and let our wing forwards to cut in and shoot. Don’t know if it works or not.

Last edited:

nickyboy1981

This is the full quote. The quote that is getting all the press has more depth to it than it appears. Bruno is talking about how they are not even fighting for their own pride.
I turned the game off as soon as it finished so missed what he said.

Even before that extended quote though it sounded to me like he meant they aren't fighting, not that they have nothing to fight for.

Lost in translation it feels, our fans love to jump in and stick the boot in when players are down though.

Bruno has been calling out sh!t attitudes since he arrived with that 'leaked' text etc.

He is the least of our problems in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.