6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaffs

We could line up with Sabitzer - Casemiro - Fred or we could play Sancho at #10. An in form Bruno is obviously not going to be dropped, but I thought tonight was evidence that he's got nothing in the tank.
Nah, Sancho is not mentally quick enough to play in tighter areas of the field. Better off on a flank.

I think Bruno is pretty damn good on that inside right position. Though he may need a better right back to both cover back and overlap.

ti vu

It shows how pivotal ETH thinks he is. And i agree. There isn't someone in the squad who can really replace him.
Eriksen can play there. He's injured, and is our starter for a deeper role.

The squad outside of about 15-17 players were poor. Injuries and the amount of games we have to play mean we can't rotate. And many of the 15-17 are upgradable.

Blood Mage

I know he's our only proper no.10 but he's got to get a rest at some point surely? I don't think he should've started today. Now we have Sabitzer we can switch to a 433 if need be.

Strelok

Could we rest him against Betis? Or against Southampton?
If ETH doesn't rest him last match I don't think he'd rest him against Betis. Southampton maybe.

Anyway he looked quite knackered in the last matches and imo that's been affecting his sharpness and passing weight. He looked quite brain dead at points I think.

Imo with Sancho out it's understandable why ETH didn't rest him. But he should have some rest if possible in the next matches.

Kag

Came alive towards the end but up until then he was a bit rubbish.

Don't quite understand why he has to start every game and even then, why he has to play 90 mins.
Because we’re horrible when he doesn’t play, and he ends up getting pulled off the bench to save the day regardless.

TsuWave

Yeah but making an assessment llke that without any context is poorer too. Just check the number of minutes played by the guy.
And how does that exclude him from criticism? (“Can’t criticise him at all”)

He likely wouldn’t be getting selected if he didn’t say he was OK to play. Yes, yes, great durability/stamina, hero, etc, but he was detrimental yesterday

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

He likely wouldn’t be getting selected if he didn’t say he was OK to play. Yes, yes, great durability/stamina, hero, etc, but he was detrimental yesterday
You've posted essentially the same thing two or three times now, but I'm not sure you get it.

First and foremost it's up to ETH and coaches to decide the team, not Bruno. Not sure why you're blaming him for making himself available when he is physically capable of getting on the pitch.

His tiredness is clearly a mental fatigue as a result of playing almost every minute of every single game for the past 3 consecutive seasons. Every other player in our squad has been rotated over the past two months except for him, which shows how indispensable he is. (In my opinion we could've started Sabitzer, Casemiro and Weghorst #10 yesterday.

Ole90+3

Because we’re horrible when he doesn’t play, and he ends up getting pulled off the bench to save the day regardless.
Some people still don’t understand just how important he is to how ETH has us set up to play. We are infinitely more dangerous with Bruno playing as the 10. Honestly the only player in the squad who effortlessly takes the ball on the half turn. Crucial for our transition play and off the ball press.

What a player. Honestly epitomises everything a United player should be.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

No self respecting player who is fit to a certain point will ever say "nah, I don't wanna play tonight". You cannot expect good performances from a player if you play him week in week out, specially one with a high intensity game like his, being reasonable in terms of expectation isn't a bad thing. We're lucky he hasn't suffered any injuries so far

glasgow 21

Bruno is a baller. He runs himself into the ground, always available. Look at his injury list ,2 days ill missed 1 game.
1 game thats all his missed since Jan 2020 thats a credit to him considering the mileage he puts in.
Yes sometimes he is frustrating, high risk high reward player, but he is one of those players that pulls out the magic dust in certain attacking phases that makes the difference.

TsuWave

You've posted essentially the same thing two or three times now, but I'm not sure you get it.

First and foremost it's up to ETH and coaches to decide the team, not Bruno. Not sure why you're blaming him for making himself available when he is physically capable of getting on the pitch.

His tiredness is clearly a mental fatigue as a result of playing almost every minute of every single game for the past 3 consecutive seasons. Every other player in our squad has been rotated over the past two months except for him, which shows how indispensable he is. (In my opinion we could've started Sabitzer, Casemiro and Weghorst #10 yesterday.
No, I get it. He was poor. You guys are the ones taking Herculean steps to avoid saying he was poor. Bruno was poor. It’s OK. There’s no need to wrestle against it.

I didn’t “blame” him for being selected. Yes, the coaching staff decides on the team, but they won’t pick a player that says he’s exhausted and could do with a rest. Especially one that’s got the mileage he has, he’s being picked because he’s saying he’s good to go. Admirable, I guess, until it starts having a detrimental effect, which it did.

Bruno was poor.

TsuWave

No self respecting player who is fit to a certain point will ever say "nah, I don't wanna play tonight". You cannot expect good performances from a player if you play him week in week out, specially one with a high intensity game like his, being reasonable in terms of expectation isn't a bad thing. We're lucky he hasn't suffered any injuries so far
I don’t know how many people here have played team sports at a competitive level, I’d hazard a guess a fair few, I have - in two sports - this is one of them things that sounds cool on the internet but it’s not reflective of what I’ve seen happening multiple times. Maybe not at “I don’t wanna play tonight” level, but that’s not what I was saying, though I get exaggeration is often used to move goalposts.

Ultimately though, Bruno was poor. And that’s a reasonable non-combative assessment. All this “can’t criticize him at all” framing of things is…come on man

Sylar

He put in two quality balls, one for the offside goal then one for the og.
So of course we play it short the next time :lol:

Some of his long range shots are bizarre just due to the options we have in positions close to him (or based on the defence ahead of him)

DickDastardly

He's a footballing mythological creature of chaos.

The Prince of Chaos.

The ultimate destructive force that reigns chaos in a football match.

Sometimes he fecks us up as well, but he always brings his chaos wielding magicians wand with him, and ultimately, we prevail with him.

Take the Barcelona game. Misses a sitter in the opening 5 minutes.
Concedes the dumbest PK ever.

Singlehandedly brings chaos upon his own team.

But that doesn't get him down, he doesn't sulk, he doesn't change his game....he proceeds with more chaos and destruction and guides us to victory with an assist to pastor Fred and a crucial push after a Shaw backheel.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He was completely shot at the end of the match, not surprising really as he's played pretty much every 3 days since the WC ended.

romufc

I don’t know how many people here have played team sports at a competitive level, I’d hazard a guess a fair few, I have - in two sports - this is one of them things that sounds cool on the internet but it’s not reflective of what I’ve seen happening multiple times. Maybe not at “I don’t wanna play tonight” level, but that’s not what I was saying, though I get exaggeration is often used to move goalposts.

Ultimately though, Bruno was poor. And that’s a reasonable non-combative assessment. All this “can’t criticize him at all” framing of things is…come on man
I have and if you are going for silverware or if you are in a chance of winning something, you have belief in yourself that you are the best, you can be the reason, you (diff sports), or in football the team will win.

So therefore; even if you are mentally tired, you will back yourself and say, yes I will play. No one who thinks they are one of the better players will say, we are going for FA CUP.. nah Gaffer I am tired.

Those who have this winning mentality bred in them, will go on.

kouroux

I said I can't criticize him, that's my opinion. Not sure why it bothers you that much. Do whatever you want. (Your part about playing at competitive level, I mean really :lol: ? )

TsuWave

I said I can't criticize him, that's my opinion. Not sure why it bothers you that much. Do whatever you want. (Your part about playing at competitive level, I mean really :lol: ? )
I mostly find the notion of not being able to criticize a player because he plays a lot, silly. That’s why my initial reply was “easy. he was poor”, which again, to me is a fairly reasonable and non-combative assessment. In saying so, I then got a bunch of replies about the amount of games etc etc. Bruno is available for those games - he’s assessed by what he produces (performance wise, not numbers). I then remarked on my anecdotal experience in team sports that team selection isn’t made in a vacuum without consideration or consultation with players, especially when speaking about their physical condition. I’ve levied criticisms at EtH about his team selections before, I just don’t think that absolves a player’s performance from criticism, is all. I don’t think this needs to be a huge thing.

Bruno was poor last night ;)

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Is EtH trying to kill him? He’ll probably play the full 90 against Liverpool, too. feck knows how he keeps going. It’s definitely effecting his game. He looked completely exhausted by the end.

kouroux

I mostly find the notion of not being able to criticize a player because he plays a lot, silly. That’s why my initial reply was “easy. he was poor”, which again, to me is a fairly reasonable and non-combative assessment. In saying so, I then got a bunch of replies about the amount of games etc etc. Bruno is available for those games - he’s assessed by what he produces (performance wise, not numbers). I then remarked on my anecdotal experience in team sports that team selection isn’t made in a vacuum without consideration or consultation with players, especially when speaking about their physical condition. I’ve levied criticisms at EtH about his team selections before, I just don’t think that absolves a player’s performance from criticism, is all. I don’t think this needs to be a huge thing.

Bruno was poor last night ;)
It's not a huge thing at all. My comment did bother though in a way otherwise you wouldn't have even noticed it ;) Of course Bruno wasn't great but he gets a pass for last night, the essential is elsewhere

Kazi

The truth is, without him in the side, we’d be noticeably more toothless.

Whether you like him or not, he takes risks with the ball and he makes things happen. You cannot deny his production.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

No, I get it. He was poor. You guys are the ones taking Herculean steps to avoid saying he was poor. Bruno was poor. It’s OK. There’s no need to wrestle against it.

I didn’t “blame” him for being selected. Yes, the coaching staff decides on the team, but they won’t pick a player that says he’s exhausted and could do with a rest. Especially one that’s got the mileage he has, he’s being picked because he’s saying he’s good to go. Admirable, I guess, until it starts having a detrimental effect, which it did.

Bruno was poor.
Unless your competitive sport was Chess and you had a headache, what you say is absolutely not true and does not apply to football. And you think that Bruno was detrimental to the team on Wednesday, despite assisting via a corner and playing the full 90 (often out of position) in a game we won 3-1? OK bro, just say you hate him.

If you said, "Bruno didn't play to his usual insane standards" then I'd agree you, whilst we both conveniently forget it's his 20th consecutive game in 6 weeks.

TsuWave

Unless your competitive sport was Chess and you had a headache, what you say is absolutely not true and does not apply to football. And you think that Bruno was detrimental to the team on Wednesday, despite assisting via a corner and playing the full 90 (often out of position) in a game we won 3-1? OK bro, just say you hate him.

If you said, "Bruno didn't play to his usual insane standards" then I'd agree you, whilst we both conveniently forget it's his 20th consecutive game in 6 weeks.
I've actually played football and basketball both at competitive level.

Yes, Bruno was detrimental, I don't know how anyone can even think he was good, I've been saying he was "poor" to be diplomatic, if I really say what I thought of his performance you'd probably have an aneurysm.

I don't think much of Bruno's usual standards, certainly not as highly as you seemingly do, I'm not trying to sway you, I've had my exchange with the poster I wanted to exchange with. and I'm not forgetting anything, I don't care how often he plays, it doesn't sway my assessment of him if he's poor when on the pitch - which he was on Wednesday.

Liverpool 7:0 Man Utd

lost7

He's been amazing the last month or so, so I'll forget about this, but my goodness that was not a captain performance

Jev

Unacceptable for a captain to down tools like that. I honestly think it should cost him the armband.

Sylar

When we needed leadership on the pitch he provided none. At all. Annoying

SER19

Should be dropped. A performance so bad it genuinely raises questions about his future here. And im a big fan

Status
Not open for further replies.