Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Is this the same David Silva who averaged just over 6 goals and 9 assists per season in the PL, playing for the best team in the country?

It's laughable to compare him with Bruno's 10 goals and 8 assists per season, playing for a team that was struggling to make the top 4?

Now how about we compare defensive stats...
It’s laughable to compare Bruno to David Silva full stop. David Silva was one of the best players to play in the premier league. He will be spoken about with the likes of Keane,Scholes,Becks,Giggs,Viera,Gerrard etc.

Red00012

Is this the same David Silva who averaged just over 6 goals and 9 assists per season in the PL, playing for the best team in the country?

It's laughable to compare him with Bruno's 10 goals and 8 assists per season, playing for a team that was struggling to make the top 4?

Now how about we compare defensive stats...
I think you should just stop typing now :lol:

Sylar

Bruno played well second half. He's not the type of player to calm down that first half unfortunately when we needed somebody to step on the ball and just keep possession

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Rashford is our only goalscorer. Casemiro is our only top class CM.

And Bruno is our only creator. I thought he dictated the attack really well today. Looked better on the ball too.

Olecurls99

He rarely sticks out for losing the ball in dangerous areas anymore. That and he's one of the best in the final 3rd.

lsd

The Oracle
Really needs to learn to pass and not shoot from 35 yards. Other than that he's good

Sensational in that deeper #8 role. He’s actually improved, with things such as dribbling out of pressure which was never his greatest strength.

Testament to ETH and El Capitano.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That pass to Rashford which Rashford hit out of the stadium, was just awesome. I think the main difference between him and de Bruyne is consistency. I'd like him to score more goals though.

marktan

Most minutes in the top 5 leagues this season. The guy is going to crash at some point and the usual suspects will come out of the woodwork.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Most minutes in the top 5 leagues this season. The guy is going to crash at some point and the usual suspects will come out of the woodwork.
Hopefully it wont happen again next season. We are risking a burnout on him because he does a lot work off the ball as well.

OrcaFat

It’s laughable to compare Bruno to David Silva full stop. David Silva was one of the best players to play in the premier league. He will be spoken about with the likes of Keane,Scholes,Becks,Giggs,Viera,Gerrard etc.
I think this is a little bit of an exaggeration. Bruno is very productive and influential.

Silva was technically excellent and very easy on the eye and of course he got the years under his belt as part of a winning team. Looking back in 20 years from now I don’t think Silva will be the first name to come out when people talk about the greatest ever. Nor will Bruno if he retires tomorrow but, hopefully, he has a few years to change that.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think this is a little bit of an exaggeration. Bruno is very productive and influential.

Silva was technically excellent and very easy on the eye and of course he got the years under his belt as part of a winning team. Looking back in 20 years from now I don’t think Silva will be the first name to come out when people talk about the greatest ever. Nor will Bruno if he retires tomorrow but, hopefully, he has a few years to change that.
No one said he will be remembered as the greatest ever. That being said nobody outside of a United forum will agree that Silva wasn’t levels above Bruno. He was an absolute key player in that successful side.

OrcaFat

No one said he will be remembered as the greatest ever. That being said nobody outside of a United forum will agree that Silva wasn’t levels above Bruno. He was an absolute key player in that successful side.
Very different sorts of player but Bruno is probably more productive. Silva was a better technical footballer and I agree he was important to that team. They had plenty of other good players though.

If they were both Spanish and direct contemporaries then I’m sure Silva would be picked ahead of Bruno as things stand but let’s see how the next few years pan out. In terms of impact / outcome of their actions as players, I don’t think there is the gulf you suggested.

Man Utd 3:1 Fulham

The United

I was laughing hard when he moved to the deepest CM there, when some people were trying too hard to make a narrative that he got moved by ETH to the wing due to not being able to control the ball in the middle of the game or something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought it was one of his worst performances in a United shirt. At least before his goal for sure.

slored1

Bruno under Ole played like that. Wasteful beyond belief but scores twice.

mu4c_20le

His passing wasn't great but he was doing two people's jobs today (Casemiro and Eriksen). Was much more dangerous once he had the freedom to move forward.

Aint gota Kalou

I was laughing hard when he moved to the deepest CM there, when some people were trying too hard to make a narrative that he got moved by ETH to the wing due to not being able to control the ball in the middle of the game or something.
It's because he was our only midfielder who has the ability to pass forward. Without Eriksen and Casemiro, none of them can actually see a pass and play through the lines. We basically only have Martinez in the middle that can do that

Idxomer

He ended up the first half with 56% passing accuracy, wasn't that bad after he went deeper and obviously did great with the penalty and the finish.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The scoring part shouldn't even be mentioned as a praise, he's scored a penalty and again when it was already finished game against 9 men. He deserved to be dropped for that performance.

He is a good player but a terrible midfielder. Basically the same player as Rooney in his last two or three seasons. If we have money we should definitely be looking for an upgrade or at least competition.

The United

It's because he was our only midfielder who has the ability to pass forward. Without Eriksen and Casemiro, none of them can actually see a pass and play through the lines. We basically only have Martinez in the middle that can do that
Never said I wondered why he was moved to the middle.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Would rather him in CM instead of McT and Sabitzer every day of the week.

SinNombre

Moaners out of the woodwork here, guy has played more minutes than any player in any of the top leagues. Most of our key players, bar Casemiro because of his suspensions, need rest.

Kazi

Honestly just start him as regista while Casemiro is out.

Have Fred and Sabitzer either side to do the leg work

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be honest I'm really starting to get tired of him as a #10. I don't mind him on the right, where he can cross it in and his job is to go for that killer ball. I think I'd prefer him in one of the deeper 2 positions to #10 even, as there he'll naturally be forced to play a calmer game and not always try the killer ball. As a 10 though... fecking brutal. Can't move with the ball, loses the ball under any sort of pressure, is instantly trying to force a killer ball every single time he gets it, no composure. Actively hurting our play when he plays as the 10 these days.

Get him deeper next to Sabitzer and Fred as a 3 while Casemiro is out, have Fred be the guy who pushes up. Gives us far better balance and control.

NZT-One

Bruno under Ole played like that. Wasteful beyond belief but scores twice.
My thoughts completely. I thought his whinging started pretty early this time as well. Around the 25min mark... And he was about to lose his head after Fulham scored. Goes away with two goals in the end and people will archive todays game as a good game of him...

Status
Not open for further replies.