6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Probably one of the worst yellows I've seen. That was outrageous. The ref telling ETH he was close to sending him off was nonsense as well. He should be reffing the game as he sees it, not pontificating on who he's thinking about sending off and relaying it to the manager. Screams to me of a ref that loved the sound of his own voice and his power to make decisions rather than just focusing purely on doing a job.

I thought Bruno was decent. Particularly early on. I think he's doing alright in the deeper role. Whether it's a long term idea, I'm not sure. Feels like 90% of his attributes are better closer to the opposition goal.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I've just realized that he has played 450 minutes more (4844) than the next best outfield player in top-5 leagues (that's Vinícius Jr. with 4397). I knew that he'd be the first but to have 5 full games more than the next guy is outrageous.
How? You should have just stuck with the minutes. When you compress it like that it looks less impressive than it is. Has it ever occurred to people he needs to play as many games as possible, we don’t even know how managing his game time will affect his productivity.
Is he mentally the type to checkout and comeback full throttle? It’s all cool praising his ability to remain available. It’s a territory I’d rather not explore till we have a capable setup to accommodate any fluctuation in form.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
How? You should have just stuck with the minutes. When you compress it like that it looks less impressive than it is. Has it ever occurred to people he needs to play as many games as possible, we don’t even know how managing his game time will affect his productivity.
Is he mentally the type to checkout and comeback full throttle? It’s all cool praising his ability to remain available. It’s a territory I’d rather not explore till we have a capable setup to accommodate any fluctuation in form.
In his first two seasons it did seem that he slowly got worse after he played a huge amount of games without a break. Both times he just started making more mistakes and his decision making got worse as time wore on. Maybe it was just a coincidence and those things would have happened anyway, but it did feel like it was related to mental tiredness (as opposed to physical tiredness which is probably more easily judged).

Haven't really noticed it this season where it's felt like he's been up and down fairly evenly throughout the entire season.

He certainly shouldn't be rested often, but I do think he should get a little more rest than he does. Even just one game every two months or so.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I literally replied to another comment asking the same question. I said Messi has scored 3 penalties out of 50 goals while Bruno has 20 out of 50.
Not sure where you got those stats. Since Bruno joined us these are the stats for both of them throughout all competitions for their club:

Bruno: 60 goals (23 penalties), 52 assists
Messi: 80 goals (12 penalties), 64 assists

Obviously Bruno has a higher percentage of penalties, but not to the extent that you said.

A few other noteworthy players I thought I'd check:

Mbappe: 121 goals (17 pens), 51 assists - Going by transfermarkt stats he has also got the 50+ in both, but it's close enough that other sources may have him at slightly lower assists.
Salah: 93 goals (15 pens), 37 assists
Kane: 86 goals (15 pens), 31 assists
Benzema: 90 goals (22 pens), 34 assists
Lewandowski: 148 goals (22 pens), 30 assists

Obviously these aren't actually good comparisons with Bruno seeing as they are out and out goal-scorers, but I was interested enough to check them out myself so figured I'd add them here as well. Off the top of my head I can't actually think of any good comparisons who are goal-scoring attacking midfielders who are also the teams main penalty taker.

Glorio

Did he though? I don’t remember any incident from him in the second half where he was risking a second yellow.

It was the same with Antony actually. For some reason the ref ignored that most of his antics were for show and he didn’t do anything which seriously risked another booking. But that’s for a different thread…
Didn't necessarily see any petulance, so didn't really see where the massive risk of another yellow came from (however) there may have been things off camera that the commentary didn't pick on.

His actual performance level seemed to deteriorate markedly after that first yellow though. He was a lot more erratic, nothing seemed to come off even after half time, and technically, when you consider the manager had Eriksen needing minutes, it didn't seem a bad shout in isolation.

In fact, both Bruno and Martial's withdrawals seem reasonable in isolation, but together, seemed like we were feeling overly comfortable with the 2-0 lead

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I literally replied to another comment asking the same question. I said Messi has scored 3 penalties out of 50 goals while Bruno has 20 out of 50.
The question was 'why haven't all the other penalty takers in the top 5 leagues achieved the same?'. Not remotely the same question.

zaafi

The question was 'why haven't all the other penalty takers in the top 5 leagues achieved the same?'. Not remotely the same question.
There is a list above that shows they do. Not 50 assists (Mbappé might, sites show different stats) but they sure got a lot more goals.
I don't think I need to tell you that these players are more goal scorers than creators, and most teams use their forwards as their penalty kick takers, and not their midfielder. We use our midfielder who happens to be a creator, and that is why Bruno's goal scoring numbers are impressive for a midfielder.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

There is a list above that shows they do. Not 50 assists (Mbappé might, sites show different stats) but they sure got a lot more goals.
I don't think I need to tell you that these players are more goal scorers than creators, and most teams use their forwards as their penalty kick takers, and not their midfielder. We use our midfielder who happens to be a creator, and that is why Bruno's goal scoring numbers are impressive for a midfielder.
We've only had 2 penalties this season and Ronaldo was our penalty taker last season. Your propensity to emphasise penalties instead of giving Bruno credit is to be expected from a City fan.

zaafi

We've only had 2 penalties this season and Ronaldo was our penalty taker last season. Your propensity to emphasise penalties instead of giving Bruno credit is to be expected from a City fan.
And in result, unsurprisingly, his goal numbers have dropped significantly. Thanks for proving my point you scouser!

432JuanMata

I don’t get the hate he gets on here sometimes he literally runs all game and creates numerous chances while playing in literally every position.

You just have to look at our last PL game to see how amazing he is and if not for us wasting chances he would have some amount of assists this season.

Taking him off the other night was wrong. He might of been on a yellow but after he came off it looked like we were down to 9 men anyway

432JuanMata

And in result, unsurprisingly, his goal numbers have dropped significantly. Thanks for proving my point you scouser!
Yeah even if it did you can’t expect them numbers over the course of multiple seasons even KDB doesn’t pull them numbers.

The fact he is 2nd with big chances created just behind KDB says more about our attackers than him.
He’s a number 10 and his job is too create chances and help the CM and he does both

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Such a significant drop off that him and Messi are still the only two players to have 50+ goals and 50+ assists since Bruno joined United! I know it must hurt that De Bruyne doesn't have those same numbers in that time frame, so maybe stick to calling Bruno a penalty merchant on the Blue Moon forum.

zaafi

Such a significant drop off that him and Messi are still the only two players to have 50+ goals and 50+ assists since Bruno joined United! I know it must hurt that De Bruyne doesn't have those same numbers in that time frame, so maybe stick to calling Bruno a penalty merchant on the Blue Moon forum.
It is truly interesting how you can never actually reply to certain points and debate like a normal person without always talking about City. Interesting, indeed.

432JuanMata

Also even if his goals have dropped that is expected it’s not up to him to score just like KDB. He still creates as much and it’s up to the front 3 to take them chances

zaafi

Yeah even if it did you can’t expect them numbers over the course of multiple seasons even KDB doesn’t pull them numbers.

The fact he is 2nd with big chances created just behind KDB says more about our attackers than him.
He’s a number 10 and his job is too create chances and help the CM and he does both
I agree, and he's a massive creator for the team, so why this obsession that he's a goal scoring machine? He scores goals, alright, but a major part of this stat are from his penalties the first two full seasons.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Also even if his goals have dropped that is expected it’s not up to him to score just like KDB. He still creates as much and it’s up to the front 3 to take them chances
Exactly. Imagine how many more assists he would've gotten if we had a proper centre forward this season.

432JuanMata

I agree, and he's a massive creator for the team, so why this obsession that he's a goal scoring machine? He scores goals, alright, but a major part of this stat are from his penalties the first two full seasons.
I’m not saying he’s a goal scoring machine he scores more than most #10’s. His numbers are also down due to him being Captain and coming deeper/out wide for the benefit of the team

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He was everywhere today, a superb performance. We’re going to miss him on Thursday in this form.

El Zoido

This guy doesn’t get enough respect. He’s fighting every minute of every game. It never ends.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
That's a level of performance which is undeniable from detractors and neutrals alike.

That's what he should be outputting regularly.

Faultless performance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think he’s getting better and better, credit to him and the coach. Fantastic game today, he’s selecting his passes better than ever and has been class. Playing like this I’ll become a believer in no time. We will miss him in Seville.

Status
Not open for further replies.