6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

He was unlucky not to get two assists today. Even when he's not at his absolute best, he still does lots of great things and still contributes loads. I enjoyed watching him tonight, he's one of my favourite players at the club. Good overall performance tonight.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
SAF would love to have him. He could have 50 assists a season if playing with the like of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez in attack.

Or most likely would be a better fit than Veron.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
His second half was terrible. Very sloppy and bad final ball. Should have set up Rashford a few times, if not for bizarre decisions or bad passes.

Overall decent outing when combining both halves.

TsuWave

Should have had a couple assists. Team-mates let him down. Still iffy in some parts

I've not had to run agenda on him as passionately as I used to. Promising stuff. He even threw a rabona in there to keep me fed :drool:

Sylar

His second half was terrible. Very sloppy and bad final ball. Should have set up Rashford a few times, if not for bizarre decisions or bad passes.

Overall decent outing when combining both halves.
The second half where his passes should have seen Antony and martial both score?

Hardly terrible

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Could/should have had 2 assists and had that ridiculous rabona pass, what's there to complain about?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I noticed he reacts to goals differently last night. With Rashford it was a quick celebration and then giving him pointers right after. With Martial, it was just pure celebration.
Man-management on his part?

PaulScholes99

Think he had an inconsistent but overall good game and probably should have had an assist. I think he could have done better when he received that amazing ball from Rashford. He decided to go for the easy lay off to Antony and didn't try a first time pass to Martial who has been in an even better position.

Before receiving the ball the gap is open to play in Martial with a first time ball. As Boly is running towards goal he would have no chance to block the pass and also Mangala is too far away. If he plays a good ball, Martial would have both sides open to finish and Hennessey can only guess (more or less a penalty).

Then after his touch the pass to Martial isn't really an option anymore as it could easily be blocked. So he has to lay it off to Antony.

The layoff is fine so the chance is still good for Antony. But the shooting angle is not as good as it would have been for Martial. Here it is pretty clear that Antony has to go for the far corner which makes it a lot easier for Hennessey compared to the near-penalty that Martial would have had.

In the end i can't say it was a terrible decision as the ball to Antony was a bit easier and still a great chance. But it's Bruno and i have very high expectations in him so i fully trust him that he can play this first time ball to Martial 9 out of 10 times he tries. Therefore i thought he should have gone for the Martial brace here. Of course criticism at a high level.

Maybe it was also another man-management from him (like @sglowrider suggested) and he wanted to give Antony a confidence boost as he had a very bad game :drool:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Hates Rashford
Bruno probably knows that Martial is a more fragile personality and requires an arm around his shoulders a lot more.

But it's also possible that Bruno does hate Rashie. He came up with the 'feed the feckin kids' idea but Rashford stole it and went on to execute it before Bruno had a chance.:)

Rolaholic

I noticed he reacts to goals differently last night. With Rashford it was a quick celebration and then giving him pointers right after. With Martial, it was just pure celebration.
Man-management on his part?
Him and Martial have been very close since he joined tbf, don't think it's anything more to it.

It reflects in how often they're on the same wave length on the pitch too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He must be loving having so many different passing options around him and not having to constantly adjust to avoid passing the ball to a 3 yards offside goal hanger.
Interesting that your post was a few posts before this quote:

That's my skipper :drool:
Which I totally agree with. Bruno Fernandes as a creative hub, playing across the pitch, linking up with other good players >>> Bruno Fernandes playing as a second striker just to get goals and assists.

It’d be interesting to see his heat map or average position area for the last few months. He’s playing far deeper and even much wider at times.

Reddevildans

I don't like him on the right. ETH seems to have put him there recently. And so did Portugal. He would be so much more influential in the middle. Maybe it's because we can maintain width.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't like him on the right. ETH seems to have put him there recently. And so did Portugal. He would be so much more influential in the middle. Maybe it's because we can maintain width.
I mean he only really plays there to get some other guys minutes. Not like he’s considered a serious option there in a tight game (if everyone’s available.)

On another note, has there ever been a top class creative 10 that’s a worse dribbler/carrier of the ball? It’s a bizarre combo, most 10’s are either like David Silva and magicians with the ball at their feet, or KDB who’s a powerhouse driving with the ball. Strange combo, but Bruno makes up for it with his off ball running both in and out of possession so he’s still “mobile”

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
On another note, has there ever been a top class creative 10 that’s a worse dribbler/carrier of the ball?
Can’t think of any. It’s definitely the biggest flaw to his game. His inability to make that extra yard for himself or dribble past a defender is part of what forces him to play the pass early/rush things.

dutchred

Think he had an inconsistent but overall good game and probably should have had an assist. I think he could have done better when he received that amazing ball from Rashford. He decided to go for the easy lay off to Antony and didn't try a first time pass to Martial who has been in an even better position.

Before receiving the ball the gap is open to play in Martial with a first time ball. As Boly is running towards goal he would have no chance to block the pass and also Mangala is too far away. If he plays a good ball, Martial would have both sides open to finish and Hennessey can only guess (more or less a penalty).

Then after his touch the pass to Martial isn't really an option anymore as it could easily be blocked. So he has to lay it off to Antony.

The layoff is fine so the chance is still good for Antony. But the shooting angle is not as good as it would have been for Martial. Here it is pretty clear that Antony has to go for the far corner which makes it a lot easier for Hennessey compared to the near-penalty that Martial would have had.

In the end i can't say it was a terrible decision as the ball to Antony was a bit easier and still a great chance. But it's Bruno and i have very high expectations in him so i fully trust him that he can play this first time ball to Martial 9 out of 10 times he tries. Therefore i thought he should have gone for the Martial brace here. Of course criticism at a high level.

Maybe it was also another man-management from him (like @sglowrider suggested) and he wanted to give Antony a confidence boost as he had a very bad game :drool:
Antony scores those 9 times out of 10. Give him time

NLunited

I like his high risk high reward type of passes, when appropriate. He also works hard and shows a fighting spirit. I’m glad he is here.

mu4c_20le

Antony scores those 9 times out of 10. Give him time
I admire your optimism. I thought he was a bit lucky with his first goal because Ramsdale didn't do his homework and dived the wrong way. It's very hard to make it at the top level being this one footed unless you're crazy like Robben.

Sylar

Antony could have gone near post. There was that much space to do so.

Antony also could have gone far post but it was more central and a shot which made it easy to save. Pre world cup injury or with some more games / confidence I reckon he scores that on his left

I don't agree with the 'could have done better'. He has another option but he kept it simple and laid it on a plate for Antony

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

That's my skipper :drool:
He’s bang on here, his output is massively less now we have somehow stopped getting pens and every five yard pass to a teammate doesn’t result with them bending a 25 yarder into the top corner. But his performances are better. I’m not sure they are great but they are better.

Lyng

I admire your optimism. I thought he was a bit lucky with his first goal because Ramsdale didn't do his homework and dived the wrong way. It's very hard to make it at the top level being this one footed unless you're crazy like Robben.
How do you explain the goal against city then?

PaulScholes99

Antony could have gone near post. There was that much space to do so.

Antony also could have gone far post but it was more central and a shot which made it easy to save. Pre world cup injury or with some more games / confidence I reckon he scores that on his left

I don't agree with the 'could have done better'. He has another option but he kept it simple and laid it on a plate for Antony
Do you really think near post was an option? To me, from the 3rd picture with Hennesseys positioning it looks like a near post finish would have been hard to pull off as it would only work if executed perfect.

But otherwise, fair enough. I don‘t disagree that Antony should/could score there as a far post finish wasn‘t too hard there he hit it too central. But i think we tend to overrate how often a chance „should“ be scored and i believe the ball to Martial would have led to a better chance („higher xG-value shot“). Just not certain if the pass option to Martial was really as easy As i thought yesterday. Maybe the pass to Antony was really much easier and therefore overall led to a better probability of a goal.

Reddevildans

I mean he only really plays there to get some other guys minutes. Not like he’s considered a serious option there in a tight game (if everyone’s available.)

On another note, has there ever been a top class creative 10 that’s a worse dribbler/carrier of the ball? It’s a bizarre combo, most 10’s are either like David Silva and magicians with the ball at their feet, or KDB who’s a powerhouse driving with the ball. Strange combo, but Bruno makes up for it with his off ball running both in and out of possession so he’s still “mobile”
Hes definitely one of the most frustrating and at the same time most important players we've had. It seems he can do the more difficult things easier than the simple things. I just wish he was more careful sometimes. Like there was a moment in the second half vs Notts forest where he had time to pick a player in the box from the right without pressure and ended up hitting the side netting.
On the other hand he's been our most creative players since probably Rooney and Giggs.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Expected Assists per 90min - 0.29 - 5th highest in the league.

Actual Assists per 90min - 0.07 - approx 115th in the league.

For the love of god, somebody get this man a striker.

lost7

Played out of his skin against Forest. Anyone has the clip of that rabona he pulled off towards the end of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.