6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaafi

Bruno is not fit to lace Silva's boots. Silva controlled the tempo of a game beautifully. With Bruno it's either hero or bust. He cannot slow down the game, just does not have the finesse to do that. His Hollywood passes more often than not turns over possession and today's second half shows he should not be on the pitch if it is going to be on the RW.
Exactly. Martin Ødegaard does it similarly for Arsenal as well. If you're gonna play with a #10 in your team, he needs to be able to do what David Silva and Ødegaard does, otherwise just play with two box-to-box midfielders.

sirAlexsglasses

I need to see the stats for tonight, there were so many misplaced passes it was ridiculous, we created our own issues tonight. And as for Bruno…..listen you have to give props and scorn in equal measure, he has been excellent in many games, but just lately he just can not receive and retain the ball, I don’t know f it’s just me but it looked like he gave the ball away more cheaply than most.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How long before someone comes in here to tell us how many passes KDB gave away in his last game.

As I and others have said countless times, these are the times where you miss having a attacking midfielder that can actually get on the ball and slow things down. David Silva did this so often for City, you could give him the ball in the tightest of spots and he'd control it and bring others into play.
Martin Odegaard is doing it right now for Arsenal. Fernandes will just never be able to because that is just straight up not his game at all

Lentwood

We desperately need an upgrade if we ever hope to control these tight games and accumulate the points required for a title challenge.

He is a the type of chaos-generating footballer who is better in underdog teams who will largely be out of possession

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Great first half not so great in the second.

Also his spat with Antony was a bit uncalled for.

Stadjer

Again... scored a goal, had an excellent pass that Rashford should have done better with but besides his goal and potential assist i dont think he was that good in his overall play today.

NK86

Exactly. Martin Ødegaard does it similarly for Arsenal as well. If you're gonna play with a #10 in your team, he needs to be able to do what David Silva and Ødegaard does, otherwise just play with two box-to-box midfielders.
Odegaard is far closer to David Silva than Bruno has ever been. Issue is he is more of a second striker, than a playmaker. We really need someone who can control the tempo of a game when it becomes a basketball match. Someone in the ilk of Modric is what we need to replace Bruno with. His goals have dried up a lot and it really does not make sense to keep playing him if his returns are not great.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
HIgh risk player a midfield Nani, world class on occassions but so wasteful. Don't think he really had a string of decent games since his opening 15 games purple patch.. really good moments and the scoring stats are also hiding his negative influence on our play.

Shouldnt be undroppable. Case should start every game, Fred should be the second name, and then Eriksen and Bruno should rotate for the remaining spot. One for the Grandpa tempo and latter for just being wasteful..

Reddevildans

I really don't know why he's always shunted to the right. He is terrible there. Just shows the lack of options we have on the bench. When bruno can see the game in front of him he's so influential in the middle. That's two goals now (vs Fulham and here) where he's lost us possession and lead to a goal.

3KDré

I don’t even particularly rate him but some of you need to calm down. It’s one game. He’s been improved drastically on all his weaknesses (like giving the ball away) and all it takes is one half
Of football and suddenly we need to get rid again.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's just that kind of player. You have to take the brilliant with the horrendous, often in the same game in the space of a few moments even.

Also he's been playing non stop for years now. We rely so much on him it has to be taking a toll.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I really don't know why he's always shunted to the right. He is terrible there. Just shows the lack of options we have on the bench. When bruno can see the game in front of him he's so influential in the middle. That's two goals now (vs Fulham and here) where he's lost us possession and lead to a goal.
Because we don't have a good option to take him off for (which is why I've said we need another 10 this summer).

But either way it's less to do about him being on the right and more his propensity to just get absurdly greedy and sloppy with every pass the longer a game goes and as he tires. It's happened since his first match here, and it's the most infuriating part of his game. We had the game under control even while slowing the tempo too much that second half, and instead of seeing it out we turned it into an end to end track meet for no reason. I understand wanting to play on the counter but it doesn't have to happen every single time we win possession.

The Purley King

Wasteful for the most part.
Decent goal but so many moves fell apart when he gave the ball away needlessly
Standard performance from him…….

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
We don't need to replace him. We need another player in the team that can play on the sides instead of sticking him there. He has great workrate and he always want to play, so he's play wherever the coach tell him to. But I think it's clear where he has a better yield.

fallengt

Sigh... Another misplaced pass that costed us Casemiro for Arsenal and potentially this game as well. Team looked lost after that yellow

hobbers

Not fit to lace Odegaard's boots lets be real.

Scores a goal but flicks possession away tp a Palace player the other 30 times he gets the ball.

We won't win any major title if Bruno is starting number 10.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How long before someone comes in here to tell us how many passes KDB gave away in his last game.

As I and others have said countless times, these are the times where you miss having a attacking midfielder that can actually get on the ball and slow things down. David Silva did this so often for City, you could give him the ball in the tightest of spots and he'd control it and bring others into play.
They are different players. Every team needs both. Bruno is a top class attacking midfielder but yes he isn't someone who slows the game down. We don't need to replace him - we need other players around him who are capable of slowing it down. That's why EtH has a hard on for someone like Frenkie to be in midfield for us and why he moved Eriksen there (to a lesser degree). Those are players who can slow things down. Get Kane up top, he's capable of it too. Rashford and Bruno are both go go go players, which you need. You need directness. But you also need some who can calm things down. Isolating Bruno for being one and not the other is a mistake, because take him out, and we then lack the Bruno type.

Mr PG

Has anyone ever thiuyot if Bruno mistakes are from fatigue. Dude runs him into the ground.. every minute of every game he runs relentless from defense to attack.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I hate the way he plays football. Scores the only goal for us but fecking criminal with possession in the rest of the match. He makes us so vulnerable with the opposition having turnovers after turnovers due to his careless lackadaisical display with the ball. Read the game, just fecking hold it at times, slow it down, keep it simple and kill the momentum, would ya?

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
We don't need to replace him. We need another player in the team that can play on the sides instead of sticking him there. He has great workrate and he always want to play, so he's play wherever the coach tell him to. But I think it's clear where he has a better yield.
This is pretty much it, very much an overreaction here.

Reddevildans

Has anyone ever thiuyot if Bruno mistakes are from fatigue. Dude runs him into the ground.. every minute of every game he runs relentless from defense to attack.
Bruno is our fittest players. Rarely gets subbed. Rarely gets dropped. Rarely gets injured. It's not fatigue at all. It's sloppiness and lack of composure when the team are under pressure. Don't get me wrong he's one of our most influential players but I just wish he's more careful sometimes.

Telsim

We need a new 10. He scores and assists, works hard, but his overall worth in the long run is not good enough. He is too erratic, too inconsistent, and prone to do stupid shit. We need someone better. Someone to score and assist, but also be able to control the game, dictate the play, and assert dominance on the pitch. Bruno is neither of these things. The constant flicks and giving the ball away are driving me mad.

Real Name

We need a new 10. He scores and assists, works hard, but his overall worth in the long run is not good enough. He is too erratic, too inconsistent, and prone to do stupid shit. We need someone better. Someone to score and assist, but also be able to control the game, dictate the play, and assert dominance on the pitch. Bruno is neither of these things. The constant flicks and giving the ball away are driving me mad.
Number 10 doesnt dictate the play. You could get a player who does that and we need it but lacks goals and assists. Its so weird seeing people saying yeah he scores and assists a lot but..

Roux

One of the most experienced players on the pitch, playing like an nervous 18yo making his debut. 1-0 up with 30mins to go and he's trying silly flicks and playing suicide passes.
He has no idea when to keep possession and slow the game down, he does the opposite of what the game requires.

OverratedOpinion

I dunno, judging by how little anyone agrees with your silly opinion I'm at least not hurting it :)

And you should follow Paul McGuinness, he posts lots of interesting coaching stuff. You might learn something!
I am happy if that helps you to feel right as it definitely matters a lot more than it does me clearly.

I don't have twitter I am afraid.

Glorio

When he was in his normal position, he was fine. Once shunted to the right, he looked like a square peg in a round hole, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't think he had a bad game, at least by his standards. He was decent in the middle and sometimes dropped to midfield, but it's not his fault ETH has a hard on playing Bruno on RW (and he's piss poor there). This last 20minutes perfrormance leaves a bad taste so this reaction is understandable.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
With regard to what was mentioned above, I actually don't think this place is particularly reactionary. It may seem that way when you read performance threads, but in reality the latter are almost always dominated by very vocal posters who are very set in their opinions about the player in question. In fact, they do not react - as such - to results (swings and roundabouts) as much as they wait for the next legit chance to say the same things over again. In Bruno's case, after a result or a performance it's hard to argue against, they'll simply disappear (or at least keep a relatively low profile), only to bounce back with glee the next time he doesn't do that well.

To be clear, I'm not saying these people are necessarily wrong about certain points (which they keep repeating), I'm just describing their behavioral pattern: the bottom line is that the "knee-jerk" first impression one may get from opening player performance threads after a not-so-grand result can be very misleading, or even false. They aren't dominated by knee-jerk, fickle posters - quite to the contrary, in fact.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I need to see the stats for tonight, there were so many misplaced passes it was ridiculous, we created our own issues tonight. And as for Bruno…..listen you have to give props and scorn in equal measure, he has been excellent in many games, but just lately he just can not receive and retain the ball, I don’t know f it’s just me but it looked like he gave the ball away more cheaply than most.
Here you go. 74% pass completion. Better than Casemiro, Fred and Weghorst (almost the same as Rashford, at 75%)

You’ll also see that he took much riskier passes than any of them. Higher total distance and “Progressive Distance” not far off twice as much as the next best midfielder. xAG of 1.4. Next best was 0.2! (Eriksen)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I can't fathom how anyone can praise Pogba's performances for United and then go on to criticise Bruno with a straight face. It makes no sense.
Perhaps you should look at the general consensus of the performances I praised or criticised and see if it matched the consensus on a week to week rather than going with narrative. Similar to opposition fans who don’t look at events individually but go with the narrative that ‘United always get all the decisions’ when that’s not true at all either.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Here you go. 74% pass completion. Better than Casemiro, Fred and Weghorst (almost the same as Rashford, at 75%)

You’ll also see that he took much riskier passes than any of them. Higher total distance and “Progressive Distance” not far off twice as much as the next best midfielder. xAG of 1.4. Next best was 0.2! (Eriksen)
Jesus. You’ve slated other players for 80% pass completion never mind 74% topped with costly, repeated, senseless, useless flicks giving away possession in his own half leading to our best player by a mile being banned for the Arsenal game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just back from a weeks ban from mods for not thinking Bruno has been great for the last two years.

Perhaps I should toe the party line more :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.