2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

The Oracle

Casually jogged and then stopped as the man he was marking, Bowen, passed around him and then darted into the box to score West Ham’s first goal.

A crap performance, summed up by his crap effort from 30 yards out that went high and wide.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Abysmal as per. Favourite part was when he decided to stay on the floor and ruin our attack because the ref didn’t give him a free kick…as per.
Not sure why you've singled out that episode since he got kicked in his shin with studs. Bruno does have a problem with staying down needlessly long & whining but this certainly wasn't the episode to criticize him.

Hammondo

How was the Liverpool performance any better than today? It was pretty much the same. If anything we passed it better today at least.
We had the best chances Vs Liverpool and we were defensively better.

Marwood

We had the best chances Vs Liverpool and we were defensively better.
Clutching there a bit. We had a couple of chances vs Liverpool as we did today. Liverpool could easily have scored one or two as West Ham did. Barely any difference.

In part due to the opposition but we passed the ball much better today. That was the only significant difference in performance between the two games.

Hammondo

Clutching there a bit. We had a couple of chances vs Liverpool as we did today. Liverpool could easily have scored one or two as West Ham did. Barely any difference.

In part due to the opposition but we passed the ball much better today. That was the only significant difference in performance between the two games.
I would say you are the one clutching at straws, a worse performance against a weaker team. We let in 2 goals against a struggling west ham.

Marwood

I would say you are the one clutching at straws, a worse performance against a weaker team. We let in 2 goals against a struggling west ham.
Conceding two today doesn't automatically mean it was a worse performance. Sometimes its just how it goes.

Mainoo dropped a clanger today. What's that got to do with team performance or Bruno?

Zed is not dead

Paqueta

43 passes
72.1%
3 key passes

Bruno

56 passes
89.3%
2 key passes

Statistics isn't the be all and end all but.....
Basically he´s shit when he tries « hollywood passes » and he’s also shit when he keeps it tidy.

People simply don’t want to recognise that him playing at 10 and playing hollywood passes makes us a much more dangerous side. This season he’s been playing a much more simple game, and playing deeper, yet he still gets criticized after every single display

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Not sure why you've singled out that episode since he got kicked in his shin with studs. Bruno does have a problem with staying down needlessly long & whining but this certainly wasn't the episode to criticize him.
Because based on past experience I’m confident that he could have got up….which he did 40 seconds later.

kundalini

Strangely quiet performance given we needed someone to take the initiative. Rubbish left foot shot from distance, couldn't do much with his header from Shaw's cross. One poor left foot cross straight to West Ham keeper.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Because based on past experience I’m confident that he could have got up….which he did 40 seconds later.
Well after the attack had ended, the game had paused and with the help from another player. Yeah...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The fact that he got up one minute later means it was nothing. Also the fact that he thought he can get a foul after rushing into tackle means that he is idiot too, because he's been in England for couple years now and no referee buys that.

Guapa

Long past time he should be replaced as our play maker and captain.Been phoning it in for years now he sets the low standard we're serving up.His level of inconsistency & wastefulness is unacceptable at this club.He's dining out on a couple of good seasons he had when first signed now it's time to improve the level of this team and it starts with getting rid of this fraud.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well after the attack had ended, the game had paused and with the help from another player. Yeah...
And was totally fine. Within seconds. Just get up…he’s more bothered that HE didn’t get the free kick and making a show of it than the team in the moment.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It'll be a lovely day when he's gone. Vastly overrated by people who believe all that "chance created" Opta horseshit and a vile, selfish attitude on the pitch.

One of the worst captains the club has ever had.

united for life

Long past time he should be replaced as our play maker and captain.Been phoning it in for years now he sets the low standard we're serving up.His level of inconsistency & wastefulness is unacceptable at this club.He's dining out on a couple of good seasons he had when first signed now it's time to improve the level of this team and it starts with getting rid of this fraud.
he is the player with the most chances created last year and joint first so far this season. I think he is also the player with the most chances created since he came to the league. In a functional team, similar to when he joined (we had a relatively good period under Ole back then), he scored 40 goals in 80 games in all competitions.

He is not perfect, he moans too much. But players around him have been terrible. In the league, our forwards scored 4 goals combined. He created 47+ chances so far this season! Imagine we have proper forwards who convert those chances. The bruno discussion would not even exist.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It'll be a lovely day when he's gone. Vastly overrated by people who believe all that "chance created" Opta horseshit and a vile, selfish attitude on the pitch.

One of the worst captains the club has ever had.
And thats why stats can be dangerous. He has been really bad lately.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Basically he´s shit when he tries « hollywood passes » and he’s also shit when he keeps it tidy.

People simply don’t want to recognise that him playing at 10 and playing hollywood passes makes us a much more dangerous side. This season he’s been playing a much more simple game, and playing deeper, yet he still gets criticized after every single display
Almost like he can’t play deeper. Whilst some argue he’s one of our better players, he’s equally one of our most one dimensional players. He runs a lot, he sees the pass, he tries it, he’ll keep doing the same thing all 90. ten Hag trying to play him further and further from their goal and closer to ours is just yet another massive tactical misgiving from the Dutchman

statpadder

he is the player with the most chances created last year and joint first so far this season. I think he is also the player with the most chances created since he came to the league. In a functional team, similar to when he joined (we had a relatively good period under Ole back then), he scored 40 goals in 80 games in all competitions.

He is not perfect, he moans too much. But players around him have been terrible. In the league, our forwards scored 4 goals combined. He created 47+ chances so far this season! Imagine we have proper forwards who convert those chances. The bruno discussion would not even exist.
I don’t know how to put it in a decent manner but can we fecking stop looking at stats and focus on what he actually does on the pitch?

Kieran Trippier has the most chances created. You know why? Because he puts crosses in the box. Every Bruno hollywood ball in the box is a chance created.

That’s why cherry picking stats is an awful way of analyzing a player

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We lost 3-0 at home to Bournemouth. We created nothing.

The stats says he created 6 chances in that match. Twitter stats are absolute wank. Believe your eyes.
Most people don't want to do that. Easy to fall back on fake stats just to prove a point.

united for life

I don’t know how to put it in a decent manner but can we fecking stop looking at stats and focus on what he actually does on the pitch?

Kieran Trippier has the most chances created. You know why? Because he puts crosses in the box. Every Bruno hollywood ball in the box is a chance created.

That’s why cherry picking stats is an awful way of analyzing a player
It’s a stat. I’m not cherry picking stats. Putting balls into the box isn’t a bad idea if you want to score.

You do not become a bad player overnight. He played very well when he joined and he plays very well for his national team.

the sad thing is that I now believe that any player that comes to united becomes worse over time.

Pughnichi

This is how I would want us to line up too.

But it doesn't solve our attacker problem. Apart from a few good moments from Garnacho and some decent games from Højlund in Europe, all of our attackers have been trash. They have been relegation level.
I just think we should do away with this recent obsession to play 4231 and not even have a 10.
I know 433 is very similar and in a good team it can be fluid to change between the two.
but where we’re at currently a solid 433 with a cdm and two b2b seem more sensible

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So he ( Paqueta) made 50% more key passes having played 25% less passes.
“One more” is the phrase you’re looking for actually.

And the thing that really stands out from those stats is that Paqueta) was being talked about as MOTM, while the usual cretins on here are trying to argue that Bruno was terrible. That’s the big take home from those stats. People are idiots.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
As much as Bruno is a limited player, the system is really failing him.

Beyond his ball striking ability he doesn’t have the quality to carry this team on his back.

If we go back to his best form in the Ole period, he could effectively play as a second striker because Matic and Pogba would always find him in pockets of space. Even McFred could do this, not always with their passing but sometimes by winning the ball high up the pitch or simply dribbling. Then you had Martial who was really good at holding the ball up and Rashford always making runs in behind which both opened up space for Bruno in the 10 role and it meant that Bruno did not really need to control his weight of pass.

This season, Bruno’s 10 position is occupied by two other players (a full-back and another midfielder). With one DM, we struggle to find a way to get the ball to Bruno or the other 10. Hojlund isn’t great at making the ball stick. Antony doesn’t make good runs in behind. Rashford is a shadow of himself. Bruno hasn’t been great, but the manager’s tactics are mostly to blame in my view (as with the awful form of all of our players).

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons

And the thing that really stands out from those stats is that Paqueta) was being talked about as MOTM, while the usual cretins on here are trying to argue that Bruno was terrible. That’s the big take home from those stats. People are idiots.
Especially those comparing two teams that played two totally different games, one had 65% posession, and the other team with just 35% won the game 2-0.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Nah…the big take home is that stats don’t tell the actual story. Performances matter.

How many times are you going to resort to childish name calling for anyone with a different opinion

NZT-One

Especially those comparing two teams that played two totally different games, one had 65% posession, and the other team with just 35% won the game 2-0.
Plus it isn't like passing stats are somehow the whole game.

Paqueta looked equally as strong and stronger than McTominay today. And he is a better dribbler than probably three quarters of our squad. Debating Bruno is pointless to a degree. People just push their agendas around. Both sides.

I thought, he was fine in 1st half, but in 2nd half he again lost his cool and it showed. I wish, I'd knew what his team mates think of him.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I’m sure you think you’re making some sort of profound point here. But the words you used to make it seem to be letting you down.
And yet I am not the one here who is calling people idiots and cretins just because they don't agree with me.

Last edited:

Glorio

I don't think the captaincy is doing him any favours. His focus seems all over the place, trying to ensure his teammates are doing their jobs, rather than focusing on his own game.

For the first goal, he was initially tracking Bowen, then got distracted by what was going on in-field, leaving Bowen to run off his blindside several yards to score the goal. That goal was definitely his fault

Marwood

I don't think the captaincy is doing him any favours. His focus seems all over the place, trying to ensure his teammates are doing their jobs, rather than focusing on his own game.

For the first goal, he was initially tracking Bowen, then got distracted by what was going on in-field, leaving Bowen to run off his blindside several yards to score the goal. That goal was definitely his fault
He's the No.10.

He shouldn't be the deepest defender, taking up a left back position.

What was our actual left back doing for the goal. Rewatch it. Completely switched off until it was too late.

dan1509

The first goal is a good example of why liverpool would have spanked us last week had he played.

This guy is a ghost, he is nowhere to be seen when our cbs are on the ball. Both him and mctominay think they stre strikers, its no wonder the midfield is non-existent

Eddy_JukeZ

Even our most productive player post-SAF has gone to shit under ETH in terms of production.

Also, we need to sell him while he has any value left. He's only going to get worse.