2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Redstain

Was absolutely rubbish, the team will better the performances without him. Very good player in decisive moments of creativity but half near useless during the phases of play

Aint gota Kalou

Was he that bad? He seems to be lumped in with Rashford and Casemiro this season when he's been better than both. By no means he's been good but he's still worth a place imo

El Jefe

I thought he played okay but he doesn’t really justify the need for a No.10 that doesn’t help control games with his current goal output.

hobbers

So it's pretty clear we need to full on drop Bruno and bring Scotty back.

No brainer who the better number 10 would be.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was better in the 2nd half than the first. First half while on the right was horrible. Just stop putting him there.

I'm not convinced we can find a good balanced side currently with him though.

MattofManchester

Have to stop shoehorning him out wide. Had a crazy first 10 minutes in the second half, but once we had width out wide and he was central, started to be a lot more effective.

PSV

He was better in the 2nd half than the first. First half while on the right was horrible. Just stop putting him there.

I'm not convinced we can find a good balanced side currently with him though.
I thought opposite. Didn't do much wrong in first and started second poorly before finishing strong.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Usual sort of performance. I’m sure his lofted punts are upping his chance creation stats, though

Idxomer

Usual sort of performance. I’m sure his lofted punts are upping his chance creation stats, though
Not today, just the one key pass.

He wasn't lumping it forward anywhere near as he usually does, he was ineffective apart from set-pieces.

NZT-One

And I keep relentlessly banging on about this but this is made a much bigger problem by putting Mount in midfield because exactly the same thing happens to him. We looked OK for a lot of last season because we had Eriksen and Casemiro working as a pair behind Bruno. This season we seem to be trying to incorporate him amd Mount into some kind of high sitting midfield and it's just back to Ole's last season where every team runs straight through it. I don't think you can be a direct team AND a high pressing team unless you're extremely physical and extremely well organised positionally. We are neither.
Agree on the on the whole paragraph but the bolded part is tricky. Because even when our results were good and the midfield performances were alright, there was often talk about having a disadvantage because playing with Bruno in a midfield three is more like playing with a midfield two and an additional attacker. Being outnumbered didn't really help the case.

I thought, today he was alright. I'll give him, that he seems to have more zip to his passes which at helps the tempo of our play - even if it doesn't really because everybody else is so slow and takes forever to make decisions and handle the ball.

Sylar

That thing where he just ruins momentum by either taking shots or always looking for the forward pass when there are better options will never die

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only worth putting wide if we're playing a big team where we won't expect to have much possession and we need a more defensive middle line up.

But him out wide in these sort of games isn't right, and it just hasn't worked between him and Mount.

RuudTom83

The issue the manager has is the alternatives are either not playing any better themselves, or play in a different position.

So Bruno on the right would be instead of Antony or Mount.
Bruno in the middle would be instead of Mount or Eriksen/McTom

So you can understand Bruno starting. It's up to the other players to make the position their own to force him out of the team.

lost7

Some of his passing today was simply atrocious... and I'm talking about basic forward passes here. Just so inconsistent with the ball at his feet.

Also his shooting has turned into shit. It's always either over the bar or a basic shot that keepers parry away with no issue.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Was he that bad? He seems to be lumped in with Rashford and Casemiro this season when he's been better than both. By no means he's been good but he's still worth a place imo
He barely created any decent chances and that’s basically all he’s good at. It’s the same with Rashford, they’re both pretty useless if they aren’t scoring and assisting because the rest of their game isn’t actually very good.

Baneofthegame

Didn’t think he was that bad today, better first half, his passing is still terrible at times when we need something simple from him.

theatreofdreams777

EtH solved a problem by stripping Maguire off captaincy. He then created another one by giving it to Bruno. So we have another undroppable player who's stinking the place up week in week out.

fallengt

Love taking irresponsible shots at nowhere when you could play wide
Most creative player my arse

saik

Love taking irresponsible shots at nowhere when you could play wide
Most creative player my arse
He will probably get the key pass for his freekick at the end. But he wasted so many freekicks and corners that I was pulling my hair out. You have Mount and Eriksen on the pitch who are good set piece takers, let them take those. He is a big problem if he doesn't get substituted even after gash performances.

RedC

Now that he never scores from outside the box anymore, this sort of game against a team sitting deep is the worst possible scenario for him.

HookedOnAPhelan

Utter wank. People who think players like Rashford and Bruno are going to lead us back to the promised land are completely deluded.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s simply too sloppy and especially weak in tight spaces which is really problematic for a number 10. Where you want your number 10 to receive the ball on a tight space, skip away from his man and play a wide man into open space, Bruno is at best functional and at best poor in these situations. I don’t know how we are ever going to play fluid attacking football with him and Rashford as our supposedly iconic players.

I just wish we had a better squad to force these players to clean up their game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Utter wank. People who think players like Rashford and Bruno are going to lead us back to the promised land are completely deluded.
The problem is that they are the faces of the club / team now. And while they’re very good players (Bruno more so than Rashford) they’re also tactically a burden on the collective due to their glaring weaknesses. Feels like we’re stuck in an no win situation.

stevoc

He's generally dogshit on the right, it's such a monumentally dumb idea to play our most creative player out there because of the mess with Antony/Sancho. Play Mount or Garnacho out there and keep Bruno central where he's at his best.

HookedOnAPhelan

The problem is that they are the faces of the club / team now. And while they’re very good players (Bruno more so than Rashford) they’re also tactically a burden on the collective due to their glaring weaknesses. Feels like we’re stuck in an no win situation.
Yep, this sums it up well. They're capable of match-winning moments more than most of our other players (though not so much recently, obviously), but their weaknesses are simultaneously holding us back.