2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

OL29

I don't know about the Harden comparison. Harden has consistently been good to very good individually, it's just that his style won't see you win agains the best teams in the playoff but even then you remain close. Bruno is more like KAT.
If he reached prime Harden’s level of consistency we’d be ecstatic.

zaafi

How about playing Bruno there rather than everywhere but there? Neither of those two are fit to lace his boots.
Eriksen is a better footballer overall, and was twice the player as a 10 when he was playing for Spurs. He just doesn't have the legs anymore.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What? Harden consistently disappeared or dropped his performance levels in playoffs. It's the biggest stain on his career in fact. Would you say Bruno *hasn't* been an elite offensive player for us?
So you'd say that Harden hasn't consistently been the Rockets best player in the playoffs? Who was the best player for the 76ers last season in the playoff who averaged over 26 points during all his playoff campaigns for the Rockets with a highlight at around 31 points per game?.

Sylar

He's a big problem for us. He's productive for sure and that helps because we aren't a team with a certain style of play.
It also helps he does track back when you compare that to some who just jog back at most.

JPRouve

Scout
If he reached prime Harden’s level of consistency we’d be ecstatic.
Exactly Harden has been a very consistent player and very good individually in the playoffs, the issue being that his style doesn't work against teams like the Warriors, you will score but no one else will.

acnumber9

Eriksen is a better footballer overall, and was twice the player as a 10 when he was playing for Spurs. He just doesn't have the legs anymore.
He’s not and what he was at Spurs five years ago means less than nothing now.

Marwood

:lol: Watching a different game, didn't you?

Close enough. It was 72%. Fantastic in possession today.
Look Jeppers, sorry I mean Zaafi, where did I say his passing was fantastic?

I've seen Bruno be very wasteful with the ball but that wasn't happening tonight. You almost seem to want it to happen but it didn't.

For a backs against the wall type of performance he was pretty sensible with it.

His overall game was nothing to write home about but he wasn't sloppy tonight.

OL29

Exactly Harden has been a very consistent player and very good individually at in the playoff, the issue being that his style doesn't work against teams like the Warriors, you will score but no one else will.
Yeah he’s virtually impossible to nullify individually, the complete opposite to Bruno

zaafi

I've seen Bruno be very wasteful with the ball but that wasn't happening tonight. You almost seem to want it to happen but it didn't.

For a backs against the wall type of performance he was pretty sensible with it.
You made a sarcastic joke about how you were looking forward to seeing how wrong we were, and when the statistics show up and show we were actually right, you just make up some random shit. In what world was he not wasteful tonight? Seriously? You literally have proof in front of you. There is no point with some of you.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It's even a bad comparison based just off that. Harden had huge and clutch games in the ECSF last season, Bruno can barely put a good performance in against a top team.

Once you bring in his Houston days it completely falls flat. Bruno is like Bradley Beal on the Wizards post Wall.
Harden regularly put up stinkers in the playoffs with Houston. When he was on he was unstoppable, when he wasn't he was useless.

Marwood

You made a sarcastic joke about how you were looking forward to seeing how wrong we were, and when the statistics show up and show we were actually right, you just make up some random shit. In what world was he not wasteful tonight? Seriously? You literally have proof in front of you. There is no point with some of you.
Calm down buddy. It's just football.

JPRouve

Scout
Harden regularly put up stinkers in the playoffs with Houston. When he was on he was unstoppable, when he wasn't he was useless.
Regularly is relative and probably overstated. On average he has less than one stinker per serie which is confirmed by his playoff game logs. What is actually regular is Harden beating the brakes off your defence.

El Jefe

I wouldn't say regularly, its just that his stinkers were so spectacularly awful that they sit in the mind a lot more. He was consistently great over playoff series but had the ability to shit the bed in the most crucial game.

People often forget he was the leader of the team that took arguably the best team in history to 7 games. He had an all time stinker in the final game but was otherworldly until that.

Bruno has yet to have any memorable performance against any top team in my opinion. Big difference.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Regularly is relative and probably overstated. On average he has less than one stinker per serie which is confirmed by his playoff game logs. What is actually regular is Harden beating the brakes off your defence.
Sans his last season in Houston, Harden's efficiency plummeted in the playoffs. I can't say about his non-Houston stints but Harden regularly put up stinkers in the playoffs, especially in big moments. Looking primarily at James Harden's stat line is deceiving. Take it from someone who watched nearly all of the Rockets playoff games during that period. He was unreliable.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I wouldn't say regularly, its just that his stinkers were so spectacularly awful that they sit in the mind a lot more. He was consistently great over playoff series but had the ability to shit the bed in the most crucial game.

People often forget he was the leader of the team that took arguably the best team in history to 7 games. He had an all time stinker in the final game but was otherworldly until that.

Bruno has yet to have any memorable performance against any top team in my opinion. Big difference.
He was abject in that series. The Rockets pushed it to 7 games in spite of him.

DarkXaero

Sans his last season in Houston, Harden's efficiency plummeted in the playoffs. I can't say about his non-Houston stints but Harden regularly put up stinkers in the playoffs, especially in big moments. Looking primarily at James Harden's stat line is deceiving. Take it from someone who watched nearly all of the Rockets playoff games during that period. He was unreliable.
Harden's level dropped off in playoffs (almost every star's does), but Houston still had deep playoff runs with him and he still has had big performances in playoffs. He's also a far better player relatively speaking (in his prime) than Bruno ever was, if we want to compare.

JPRouve

Scout
I watched all his series from OKC to Philly. Harden didn't regularly have stinkers, he had some that I remember clearly but it's a stretch to claim that it was regular and players tend to have their efficiency plummet in the playoff with some exceptions, that's largely due to refereeing being different and half court defenses being better in the playoffs. And even then Harden has generally been one of the best performers in the playoffs.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Harden's level dropped off in playoffs (almost every star's does), but Houston still had deep playoff runs with him and he still has had big performances in playoffs. He's also a far better player relatively speaking (in his prime) than Bruno ever was, if we want to compare.
Definitely a better player comparatively but James Harden was equally as frustrating. He definitely had big games in the playoffs but I vividly remember every Rockets fan I know was completely fed up with how inconsistent he was in the playoffs. This doesn't even factor in he was a pylon on defense.

DownRiver

We will NOT win anything with this donkey as our captain/midfielder.

He epitomises a mentally weak, low IQ and technically deficient Man Utd. He is the centre of everything bad about Man Utd.

He is always outclassed and outplayed by other CMs.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I watched all his series from OKC to Philly. Harden didn't regularly have stinkers, he had some that I remember clearly but it's a stretch to claim that it was regular and players tend to have their efficiency plummet in the playoff with some exceptions, that's largely due to refereeing being different and half court defenses being better in the playoffs. And even then Harden has generally been one of the best performers in the playoffs.
I'm talking specifically about Houston. Refereeing is different, but the way Harden spammed fouls in the regular season was never going to work in the playoffs and he never adjusted his game.

I took a look at his game logs from Houston and he was averaging about 2 stinkers per series (he had 4 bad games in the 7 game series vs GS)

This was a constant complaint among Rockets fans.

ScholesyTheWise

Not that I put that much importance on the captain's armband,
but he's way too volatile to lead a serious team on the pitch week in week out.

He's a very strange player to try evaluating.
Sometimes wins us points, and sometimes costs us dearly.

Not sure we'll look much better without him.
But if we had more creative options in the squad, I'd bench him for a period.

FriedClams

I feel confident that Bruno will have an awful game tomorrow. He hasn't played well against a big team in his entire time at the club, and in my opinion, is nowhere near the personality required of a captain.
the easiest prediction ever. He’s not good enough. Would swap half his goals and assists for double the overall consistency.

AshRK

I want to be so wrong but I can never see us winning the big one with Bruno and Rashford as our main guys. Good players who are not worldclass.

Thom Merrilin

We will NOT win anything with this donkey as our captain/midfielder.

He epitomises a mentally weak, low IQ and technically deficient Man Utd. He is the centre of everything bad about Man Utd.

He is always outclassed and outplayed by other CMs.
I get the sentiment but we actually have won something with him as our captain. Made it to a second final as well.

Edit: he wasn't our captain last season oops. He was our first choice midfielder though.

TsuWave

I want to be so wrong but I can never see us winning the big one with Bruno and Rashford as our main guys. Good players who are not worldclass.
said the same earlier today:

Bruno and Rashford - despite the numbers they put up - are too inconsistent performance wise to be your star players.

They have some really good performances from time to time, but their floor performance wise is abysmal
Playing with Bruno and Rashford, you never know which version of them will turn up - and more often than not it's the poor version that turns up - and suddenly you find yourself having to carry 2 players. It's insane. I get that they have great individual moments, but the consistency performance wise just isn't there for a team that wants to challenge.

Rashford doesn't even look like he gets out of first gear anymore, and Bruno is so careless with the ball, not resistant to pressure at all, in fact he often just gives it away under no pressure whatsoever. Scary sight.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Not too sure about them both but a good team can obviously afford to accommodate one of them as a key player.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Of course the guy not in the team is the better player.
Don't over-interpret it. I never compared them one to one.

Bruno is a fantastic chance creator in flashes of brilliance. But he'll always require to have the team build around him. Mount is not that creative, but simply easier to fit in a modern system imo.

Bruno also is fueled by emotions. He seems in shite place mentally now.

I think if we still rely on Bruno to do something by the end of the season, then we didn't progress much under ETH and we have a big problem.

gajender

He's not good enough to be the main man.
He is simply not good enough If United wants to ever become a top team , problem with him is that if he isn't the main man then his production would suffer and without high productivity he is simply a average player with no other redeeming quality as harsh it may sound .

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

His overall game was nothing to write home about but he wasn't sloppy tonight.
What’s my name got to do with this?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Getting up to standard Bruno consistency once again. New season. Same Bruno. The first six months are the only outlier and even they weren’t consistent. Just had a ten game purple patch initially and still living off it now.

Thom Merrilin

Im starting to wonder if we'd be better off in the long term selling him.

I'm not basing this on the Bayern game as I think he played fine. I've just been thinking that his position is slowly going extinct in the modern game. Creative 10s like Ozil, Mata, David Silva, etc. Don't really have a place in today's top sides.

Sure you can point to an example here and there like Maddison at Spurs or even Musiala today for Bayern. Thing is those players are much more dynamic than Bruno and have more to their game than Hollywood style long balls, long shots, and flicks. If Bruno didn't always bust a gut charging around I doubt ETH would tolerate him in his squad.

Wing Attack Plan R

He’s a brilliant player who also plays like his laces are undone. So erratic. If he could just keep things a little simpler he would be more effective. When we go behind he takes it on himself to conjure a pass to get us out of it, and maybe if he just tried to bring others into the move, we’d do better.