2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Gomes

Go look at United's goals today. And the chances. Everything came from him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am really not sure why is he constantly pressing defenders all by himself and leaving holding midfielder alone. Shocking stuff, I wonder if it's just his decision or manager wants him to do that, because he is running like headless chicken most of the game. While he runs more than others, it's completely pointless running quite often.

He is also terrible with the ball, as usual.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Go look at United's goals today. And the chances.everything came from him.
Look at the possession we had in the rest of the game. And the turnovers. Most of them came from him.

Based Adnan

For someone whos entire game revolves around creating chances you'd think he'd be capable of putting in a half decent set piece

Shocking stuff

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He needs to feck off with that dummy he keeps doing, that's twice he's done that and it's led to a dangerous break for the other team.

PoTMS

He needs to feck off this summer. Anything above £50m, get rid. This guy is our fecking captain.

Malone_Post

He’s absolutely diabolical 90% of the time thesedays.

His fan club will cling to the occasional moments of brilliance he has, as if that somehow negates the constant giving the ball away, lack of technique in tight spaces and lack of ability to control a game with such a player in the team.

We’ll never go anywhere while he’s still our ‘star man’ just a complete moments player. And those moments are becoming less and less frequent.

Red Rash

Lots of effort but horrible performance. If he stopped playing Hollywood balls every single time and kept it simple occasionally he would be 2x the player.

lost7

Can't wait for the staticians to come here and tell us how he created 17 chances etc.

We were dominated in midfield and it's partly because this guy cannot for the life of him even try to maintain possession. It's always first time hollywood pass, that's all he has in his arsenal.

Shyte at pressing, shyte at being a midfielder, shyte at taking corners, shyte at shooting... BUT HE CREATES MORE THAN DE BRUYNE. He's a clown and so is his arduous fanbase who treats him like he's Cantona

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wish he'd just take a second to think once in a while. It doesn't have to be the 180 no scope over the shoulder 60 yard killer ball every time.

Rockets Redglare

Absolutely diabolical performance, I couldn’t care less about stats. He’s a liability in most games, I’m sick of the sight of him.

M16Red

All goals came from him.
Pretty sure they didn't.

Deflection off Rashford and Hojlund pass.

The idea that we'll win a league with this guy and his sub 60% complete pass rate is nuts.

I'd love to see us without him in that spot for a few games, his positioning is all over on the attack.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Thought he played well today. All our attacks went through him. Also showed up a couple of his lazy teammates by running past them to win the ball back second half.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd love to see us without him in that spot for a few games, his positioning is all over on the attack.
Isn’t the one game he didn’t play in still our highest scoring win this season?

antk

I can see the long pass from the first goal being critical, but on the second he makes the simplest of passes to Rashford being his only solution. Evans and Hojlund were obviously much more important. Wild to say the goals came from him.

chay chay okocha

He needs to feck off with that dummy he keeps doing, that's twice he's done that and it's led to a dangerous break for the other team.
I thought Bruno had a decent first half, but very poor second. I want to make a point around the dummy you pointed out, as well as a number of other seemingly poor decisions he makes in terms of playing very aggressive passes leading to turnovers. I used to think that these are often examples poor decision making stemming from Bruno's desire to play very progressive balls whenever possible, and maybe there is some of that, but I also think this is a consequence of his inability to receive the ball in certain positions because of his physical weaknesses. In particular, Bruno is especially poor at retaining possession if a defender is tightly angled towards his side rather than his back, and I believe that he knows this. Which is why he either tries to get rid quickly (often times forward because its less dangerous), dummies blindly, or tries to win fouls (often with exaggerated dives).

Superunknown

He's a player who plays a high-risk high reward type of game. That does mean he gives away the ball a lot, but it also means he's likely to be involved with our goals when they do come, in some sort of capacity.

I think his type of performance is more forgivable in a team setup where the rest of the team keep the ball very well, they all do their jobs, they all close down, are tenacious, etc. When the rest of the team aren't doing that and we actually don't see a lot of the ball, it makes it seem like Bruno just needlessly and ceaselessly gives it away. We need the chance creation to come from somewhere and it's likelier to be him than it is for most of our squad.

That said, it's great when it works, but frustrating when it doesn't.

lex talionis

Neither his best or worst performance for United. No one can deny that he’s a hard worker, but he has no ability whatsoever to control the tempo of the game. It’s one Hollywood ball after another. But some of the Hollywood balls are fantastic, which is the only reason his fame is what it is.

ItDoesntEvenMata

All goals came from him.
It should be a fairly simple concept to understand though that having a main attacking player who doesn't give away 41% of his passes would ultimately lead to the rest of the team having the ability to create more chances overall.

Prime stats padder. Played that unbelievable ball to Rashford but then at 1-1 and getting battered kept spamming it up the line instead of having the football intelligence to hold it and take some pressure off.

We will always be a up and down team with him as the main player

flameinthesun

Neither his best or worst performance for United. No one can deny that he’s a hard worker, but he has no ability whatsoever to control the tempo of the game. It’s one Hollywood ball after another. But some of the Hollywood balls are fantastic, which is the only reason his fame is what it is.
Yeah pretty much this. He's just too unpredictable for a top team in my opinion.

crackers0seven

So so wasteful. For a team that is as useless as ours for getting the ball,once we have it play a simple ball and retain it. But nope, more often than not bruno tries the Hollywood pass and boom ball gone again...and next time he gets it,keep it simple, nope he will try a harder pass cause he gave it away the last time. I like bruno,he'd probably be grand in a more solid team and structure. But in this Weak team as captain just retain it at times please. Wait for the pass rather than force it. Anyways maybe next season will be better.

NZT-One

Thought he played well today. All our attacks went through him. Also showed up a couple of his lazy teammates by running past them to win the ball back second half.
You liked his performance? Really, thats a shocker where you usually take every chance to criticize him. Wonder what his fans think. I mean, he had 100% aerial rate today - 1 attempt, 1 won. And another keypass, what a chance creation machine

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought Bruno had a decent first half, but very poor second. I want to make a point around the dummy you pointed out, as well as a number of other seemingly poor decisions he makes in terms of playing very aggressive passes leading to turnovers. I used to think that these are often examples poor decision making stemming from Bruno's desire to play very progressive balls whenever possible, and maybe there is some of that, but I also think this is a consequence of his inability to receive the ball in certain positions because of his physical weaknesses. In particular, Bruno is especially poor at retaining possession if a defender is tightly angled towards his side rather than his back, and I believe that he knows this. Which is why he either tries to get rid quickly (often times forward because its less dangerous), dummies blindly, or tries to win fouls (often with exaggerated dives).
This wouldn't be as big of a problem, but we have a midfield and defence that can't defend big spaces, but with our team now it's far too risky and seems to always lead to a clear cut chance for the other team.

He's going to take risks that come off and others that don't, that's part of being creative. We're a bit too fragile for a player like him now, we need to be more functional.

Telsim

Listen to this:

De Bruyne played 21 minutes yesterday - 17 accurate passes.

Bruno played the whole match - 20 accurate passes.

Superunknown

Yeah pretty much this. He's just too unpredictable for a top team in my opinion.
Not sure I'd agree entirely. I think in a better setup with a better manager/coach and with more possession, he would look a more lethal player. His forward balls would lead to more chances and then more goals. We create very little to begin with because we see so little of the ball, so the percentages are just so much smaller. All you need is one forward ball at the right time to get the assist. Our problem is the first step, actually getting the ball, and then getting the players into advanced positions to do something with it.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Him and Højlund were the least of our problems today. Good game or not, we 100% lose that game without those two.

M16Red

I personally hate him closing down the goalie, It pulls him out of the middle. Today he was on the left for a while, Tottenham held the shape so it actually helped them.

I watched Foden and KDB yesterday I could tell you 100% where they were and Newcastle had no idea how to deal with them. Bruno in the same position pushes up like a 9 not a 10 or attacking mid, so if it bounces off the defence there is a huge gap in the attacking 3rd

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Outplayed by a midfield of Skipp, Hojberg and Bentancur. He's a key reason our midfield is so bad every game.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You liked his performance? Really, thats a shocker where you usually take every chance to criticize him. Wonder what his fans think. I mean, he had 100% aerial rate today - 1 attempt, 1 won. And another keypass, what a chance creation machine
The irony is that if you watched the game you'd have seen he created plenty of key chances. Unfortunately a few of his passes didn't have the right weight on them, which lowered his all-important pass completion percentage. So yeah, sell him.