2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

statpadder

That’s absolute nonsense, we conceded 16 shots against a fecking Championship side yesterday and our number 10 completed 85 of his 100 passes, the most by far of any midfielder on the pitch. Of those he made 9 key passes, the most of anyone on the pitch.

Yet despite that, the shit show that is Manchester United continue to concede a feck tonne of shots.

Most often if you watch, it’s just a piece of piss to make one pass and break our entire lines, passing into that huge gap between our base midfielders and our defence. There’s simply no attacking midfielder in the World that would be some solution to the ridiculous number of shots we concede and the suggestion is absolutely preposterous.
Where did I say he didn’t play well yesterday? He played well against a championship side. But unfortunately people only have the memory of the last game.

Bruno has had an awful season and has been chaotic as feck. If we don’t get rid this season, no one will come for him and we’ll be stuck with him and his chaotic football for years. Mediocrity for the next 5 years beckons.

Where did I say he didn’t play well yesterday? He played well against a championship side. But unfortunately people only have the memory of the last game.
You said he’s the reason we concede so many shots, you’ve just literally seen us concede 16 shots to a Championship side despite him having a really good game and being extremely good on the ball. He was also excellent in the previous game v Bournemouth, a game once again where no attacking midfielder on the planet could have prevented us from conceding a quite frankly absurd number of shots again.

Basically you’ve made an absolutely terrible point that is demonstrably wrong, you can have problems with Bruno but you’re completely off your rocker if you think we could simply swap him out for say Odegaard and then suddenly we stop conceding tonnes of shots. The idea is absolutely perplexing.

Some fans have absolutely lost their mind by Bruno is concerned. I can get that some fans would prefer a different type of AM, just as many wanted a different type of striker when Ruud was here, but thinking our attacking midfielder is the root cause of problems in this setup is one of the looniest things I’ve ever read.

Last edited:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Agreed, & his attitude is malignant, he was scornfully baiting the Coventry goalie AFTER he'd scored in the shoot-out which is pure shyt-housery....what if he saved the next 2???
Did you even watch the game? The goalkeeper was doing his best Joe Hart impression shouting at Bruno before the pen was took. Bruno was just bantering back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bruno was actually quite tame back too, honestly. I’m pretty sure he just told the keeper to calm down.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Great contribution. Why not stretch beyond 3 words and name a more obvious one?
A new signing. Amad has not show he can nail down a first team spot at United, has not come close to doing that. Let alone be the creative hub of the side

Borussia Teeth

I know it's easy to be pessimistic in our current situation, however the estimated fees I put alongside each of those players represents fair market value, with the exception of Casemiro but I've factored in the Saudi's track record of overspending on washed up players. Now that Ratcliffe has assembled a competent structure, I'm confident we'll see us getting good value for money for our transfers for the first time in 11 years now that we no longer have clowns like Woodward and Murtough doing the negotiating.
I admire your optimism but I disagree about your valuations being market value. I don't think you're considering contract length and wages.

Maguire, for example, has a year left, is in his 30s and is on 200k pw. He refused a pay cut last year when he played far less football than this season. Moyes won't be at West Ham next season so I don't see who will cough up a good fee and wages for him.

McTominay will not fetch £40m. Again, there will not be a David Moyes to bail us out. No top clubs will buy him, so name me a mid table side, any mid table side that have ever spent 40m on a midfielder, let alone a bang average one. 40m is top club money or striker money for poorer sides.

20m for Sancho is somewhat realistic as he is a quality player despite being shit for us.

PSG won't waste money on Rashford as they have an excellent prospect in Barcola who they won't have to pay 300k pw. Rashford will stay as no one will match his wages.

I think Casemiro may go to Saudi but I expect it to be a freebie/minimal fee. I understand your Fabinho comparison but the Saudis seemed to have reigned it in after their initial splurge.

15m for Wan Bissaka with a year left seems fair.

Hannibal only has a year on his deal and has had a poor loan at Seville. I rate him very highly but he will not fetch 20m.

Despite having better negotiators under Ineos, we will still find selling difficult due to the mistakes of the previous regime.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I admire your optimism but I disagree about your valuations being market value. I don't think you're considering contract length and wages.

Maguire, for example, has a year left, is in his 30s and is on 200k pw. He refused a pay cut last year when he played far less football than this season. Moyes won't be at West Ham next season so I don't see who will cough up a good fee and wages for him.
I don't see why you think Moyes is the only manager on the planet who would want his club to spend 20m on Maguire. His reputation has improved over the past 6-7 months, and I am suggesting that we would be willing to accept 10m less than what we received from West Ham last summer. Seems reasonable as he has an optional +1 extension on his contract, so he essentially has 2 years left.

McTominay will not fetch £40m. Again, there will not be a David Moyes to bail us out. No top clubs will buy him, so name me a mid table side, any mid table side that have ever spent 40m on a midfielder, let alone a bang average one.
Newcastle spent 60m on Tonali.

I think Casemiro may go to Saudi but I expect it to be a freebie/minimal fee. I understand your Fabinho comparison but the Saudis seemed to have reigned it in after their initial splurge.
I'm not sure how you can ascertain that the Saudis have reigned it in when we haven't even had another summer transfer window since they were overpaying for over-the-hill players less than a year ago.

PSG won't waste money on Rashford as they have an excellent prospect in Barcola who they won't have to pay 300k pw. Rashford will stay as no one will match his wages.
Again, I don't know where this assumption that PSG will be sensible in the market has come from. They are losing another superstar this summer and if last seasons €85m fee for Kolo Muani is anything to go by, then they won't be shy of spending a similar amount on Rashford. When has a player's high wages ever put them off?!

Despite having better negotiators under Ineos, we will still find selling difficult due to the mistakes of the previous regime.
A year ago, I never envisaged Chelsea shifting much their deadwood who were on high wages but they managed to get reasonable fees for players like Koulibaly and Pulisic. I have faith in Ineos correcting some of the mistakes of the previous regime.

To bring this back to Bruno (as we are in the Bruno thread after all), there really shouldn't be any necessity to sell him this summer in order to move forward as a club. Unlike many of our current players, his attitude is fantastic and we'd risk losing a lot of his positive attributes for the sake of a few million quid. If we end up building a midfield that is stronger without Bruno, then I'd still keep him around as a squad player as he'd be a good influence in the dressing room.

Crashoutcassius

McTominay will not fetch £40m. Again, there will not be a David Moyes to bail us out. No top clubs will buy him, so name me a mid table side, any mid table side that have ever spent 40m on a midfielder, let alone a bang average one. 40m is top club money or striker money for poorer sides.

20m for Sancho is somewhat realistic as he is a quality player despite being shit for us.

15m for Wan Bissaka with a year left seems fair.

Hannibal only has a year on his deal and has had a poor loan at Seville. I rate him very highly but he will not fetch 20m.

Was with you until you said psg wouldn't sign someone so they can be sensible with wage spend !

Borussia Teeth

I don't see why you think Moyes is the only manager on the planet who would want his club to spend 20m on Maguire. His reputation has improved over the past 6-7 months, and I am suggesting that we would be willing to accept 10m less than what we received from West Ham last summer. Seems reasonable as he has an optional +1 extension on his contract, so he essentially has 2 years left.

Newcastle spent 60m on Tonali.

I'm not sure how you can ascertain that the Saudis have reigned it in when we haven't even had another summer transfer window since they were overpaying for over-the-hill players less than a year ago.

Again, I don't know where this assumption that PSG will be sensible in the market has come from. They are losing another superstar this summer and if last seasons €85m fee for Kolo Muani is anything to go by, then they won't be shy of spending a similar amount on Rashford. When has a player's high wages ever put them off?!

A year ago, I never envisaged Chelsea shifting much their deadwood who were on high wages but they managed to get reasonable fees for players like Koulibaly and Pulisic. I have faith in Ineos correcting some of the mistakes of the previous regime.

To bring this back to Bruno (as we are in the Bruno thread after all), there really shouldn't be any necessity to sell him this summer in order to move forward as a club. Unlike many of our current players, his attitude is fantastic and we'd risk losing a lot of his positive attributes for the sake of a few million quid. If we end up building a midfield that is stronger without Bruno, then I'd still keep him around as a squad player as he'd be a good influence in the dressing room.
I guess we disagree. You think we can get 200m for that lot; I think we'll get less than 100m. We'll find out by the end of August.

Tiber

Imagine what he could achieve elsewhere instead of bailing us out against championship clubs and the worst team in the league

We are so lucky to have him, but I feel kinda sad this is how he is spending his prime

DWelbz19

He was downright diabolical for periods of this season, don’t get it wrong, but the last 10 games he’s really found form again. Last 3 or 4 he’s put the team on his back.

edgecutter

We don't win this game without him. ETH better be praising the shite out of that performance as it has helped keep him in a job.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We don't win this game without him. ETH better be praising the shite out of that performance as it has helped keep him in a job.
As it though? A lot of people are 100% sure he’s done at the end of the season anyway. So whatever results we do or don’t get won’t affect it.

Bobski

Whatever you think about him his stamina and availability is exceptional

Parma Dewol

This guy gets way more flack than is warranted.

Given the dross he’s surrounded by, it’s remarkable he still manages to do what he can. No player is bigger than the club, but he’s clearly head and shoulders above most of his team mates. We’re lucky to have him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Been our best player this last month. A huge upturn in form, it’s a good job because almost everyone else has gone off the boil. It’s been the story of the season really for everyone. Just individuals having spells of good form.

Don’t know if it’s a pattern but Bruno seems to come good in April most seasons.

DWelbz19

As it though? A lot of people are 100% sure he’s done at the end of the season anyway. So whatever results we do or don’t get won’t affect it.
Unfortunately for us, it’s only a select few whose opinion actually matter in terms of keeping the manager

lost7

That was Bruno at his very best - good passing, great finishing, amazing runs etc. Reminded me of his performance against Leeds years ago where he got a hat trick

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Imagine genuinely wanting Bruno to be sold. I just don't understand it.