Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

Nori-

Brilliant! We needed this badly, glad the deal got over the line.

The priority has to be an out and out striker now, unlikely we can get a good long term option this window, but if we can, amazing

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Love the signing but I’m going to be reserved about this. Too many players have come and gone for loads of money and been a complete shambles. Our recruitment over the last few years have been exceptionally poor. Only last season I felt like we made some quality additions. Bruno needs to perform and he has to bring some kind of form into the team. I hope Ole explains to the players that he’s going to need runners in front of him. No point bringing this guy in if the rest of the team are going to be static. United’s movement on and off the ball will be my worry as it’s non existent. We seem to be that team that has a 20 min period every game where we actually look good and that’s because we have runners. When that stops we look like we’re playing at Burnley’s level.

pacifictheme

Can't help thinking he'll be stunned at the lack of quality around him. When he watches the likes of lingaard and Andreas in training he'll know exactly why United bought him. The other 2 had more than enough chances but never woke up or stepped up.
He plays for sporting and they are worse.

dutchred

People
Don't start saying "waste of money" the first time he has a bad game. Remember how long it took Fred to acclimatise. It will be interesting to see how he interacts with Fred. They are both very energetic players. Will they interact with someone like MacT or Matic. How will we play with him and Pogba . Interesting times ahead

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
FW/Rashford
James/Martial------------- Greenwood/RW
Bruno/Mata
Pogba/Fred---- McT/Matic. Williams/Shaw - Lindelof - MG - AWB/Dalot
DDG

Few more signing and we are a good side.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I posted a similar post in the muppet forum, but I’m going to post a similar post again.
I’ve been following him a bit for a season or half or so after hearing some rumors we were after him back then already. He strikes me as a strong personality, level headed, hard worker and a natural leader. Not the type to feel sorry for himself and he also has a nasty streak. Obviously he has skills, but actually he’s defensively very competent despite his slight frame. I think he’ll surprise a few people in that respect. He has no obvious weaknesses, but don’t play him out wide because I don’t think he’s effective there.
I’m not saying he’s guaranteed being a succes at United because it’s a big step up for him. But he gives the impression of being exactly the kind of character we desperately need and Ole’s being looking for.

SCJY

Who's next on the muppet list? 2 fulls days left of muppet season.

Amarsdd

I posted a similar post in the muppet forum, but I’m going to post a similar post again.
I’ve been following him a bit for a season or half or so after hearing some rumors we were after him back then already. He strikes me as a strong personality, level headed, hard worker and a natural leader. Not the type to feel sorry for himself and he also has a nasty streak. Obviously he has skills, but actually he’s defensively very competent despite his slight frame. I think he’ll surprise a few people in that respect. He has no obvious weaknesses, but don’t play him out wide because I don’t think he’s effective there.
I’m not saying he’s guaranteed being a succes at United because it’s a big step up for him. But he gives the impression of being exactly the kind of character we desperately need and Ole’s being looking for.
This is why I think he will fit well in a midfield three with Pogba or Grealish (if Pogba leaves) and a combative midfielder (Fred or Scott) without having to worry about getting overrun in midfield.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can't help thinking he'll be stunned at the lack of quality around him. When he watches the likes of lingaard and Andreas in training he'll know exactly why United bought him. The other 2 had more than enough chances but never woke up or stepped up.
Yeah I'm sure he'll have an issue playing with De Gea, Pogba, Rashford etc.

He probably signed the contract with a gun put to his head. Jeez.

Mihai

Good thing about this signing is that we can replace Sanchez with Bruno in the Ole's at the wheel chant.

Amarsdd

I've said this before and I'll say it again: we're already a decent side without Bruno. Yes, a bit thin and inexperienced but with proper coaching we're definitely able to compete for third spot and win a few (lesser) silverware. It's just that Olesexuals have convinced a lot of us that they're all unpolishable turds with the exception of Rashford and a few others.
I think most people still Ole in including me have been saying the same thing. First team is good when everyone's fit. But as the squad is thin, injuries to very very key players (Pogba, Martial, Scott and now Rashford) for long time periods has been hugely impactful. Not sure, why you have just omitted that key information while criticizing Ole but maintaining that the squad is good but thin?

patty123

Thank you! I don’t even know how the whole Sporting Lisbon thing started to be fair but it is a common misconception about our name.
I can't be sure so dont take this as the correct answer, maybe it was some lazy ass Journo/tv presenter couldn't pronounce you're proper name correctly similar to they way they refer to Bayern Munchen as Bayern Munich due to the English having problems pronouncing the word Munchen, and why they use Bayern instead of Bavaria.

Anyway thanks for teaching my old ass something new.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I love how classy Sporting are with their tweets. Compare that to Dortmund’s passive aggressive shithousery...