Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickelodeon

No one knows whether he’ll succeed here or not. Optimists are referring to his goals plus assists tally while pessimists are referring to failed examples like Kagawa or Memphis (can frankly pick any of our attacking signings as a failed bunch honestly). Only with time will we know whether he’ll be a success or a flop. Let’s all just wait for it to be confirmed first and then support him to do his best for us. Rushing to an ‘I told you so’ mode to deliver emphatic predictions isn’t gonna help anyone.

Dante

Average bang
I thought we were supposed to be done with panic buys under Ole and we were only going to sign players that we feel fit the Utd identity or whatever, so... how come we're (potentially) signing this guy, then?
We're not.

It's a reheated bullshit platter from the Summer. Journalists coming up with a story to keep themselves in gainful employment.

dev1l

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...an-utd-transfer-bruno-fernandes-17555381.amp?
"United sources are guarded about the renewed speculation and noted the 'noise is being driven out of Portugal'. Sources suspect an auction is being whipped up for Fernandes after he signed a new Sporting contract in November until 2023. It has been suggested his deal includes a release clause and the club need to be wary of making a move for a player that they were annoyed at being linked with in the summer."

Judas

Open to offers
No one knows whether he’ll succeed here or not. Optimists are referring to his goals plus assists tally while pessimists are referring to failed examples like Kagawa or Memphis (can frankly pick any of our attacking signings as a failed bunch honestly). Only with time will we know whether he’ll be a success or a flop. Let’s all just wait for it to be confirmed first and then support him to do his best for us. Rushing to an ‘I told you so’ mode to deliver emphatic predictions isn’t gonna help anyone.
Sadly this is basically what most on here seem to be here for now, be it to do with a player or manager, it's all for the desperate status of being right about something on the internet.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If we do not sign him or anybody else, all I can think is that Woodward actually enjoys being abused, because it will get even worse.

lysglimt

Scout
This isn't a panic buy, but I do question why we couldn't have just signed him over the summer. Mata was a January panic buy if anyone needs a real example. At least we have a need for a player like Bruno. Hopefully he comes in and is a success.
Could be many reasons - board wouldn't release funds, OGS expected Lingard to do a better job, OGS didn't expect Pogba to be injured all season

DomesticTadpole

Could be many reasons - board wouldn't release funds, OGS expected Lingard to do a better job, OGS didn't expect Pogba to be injured all season
Which are all pretty good reasons. Lingard especially has let him down. Pogba, nobody can predict an injury.

SteveW

We're not.

It's a reheated bullshit platter from the Summer. Journalists coming up with a story to keep themselves in gainful employment.
To be fair two BBC journalists have confirmed that talks have take place. The BBC aren't usually ones to speculate.

Without that I doubt if anyone would be paying any attention to this.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This is a different team with a different mindset to the sides under which Kagawa & Mkhi & Co played in. McTominay and Fred should provide an excellent platform for an advanced midfielder and they will be able to give them that service. Mata never struggles to get on the ball here, and he is nowhere near as mobile as he once was. This team is set up and crying out for a player like that now.

Ashish Negi

This article have nothing, its seems like Jamie came to office on Monday and just wrote it for the sake of it

JoaquinJoaquin

Woody is going to have to get this deal done whether he likes it or not. The comeback to him if it doesn't get done and we sign no one might be very, very toxic.

laughtersassassin

Talks progressing. Personal terms not a problem. Sporting need the money. Ole wants him.

If this doesn't get done it will look like a right cock up by Ed/Judge or whoever is in charge.

Getting more confident if this now as it will look real bad for them to mess this up.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I don't think it's a panic buy per se but with the supporters starting to make noises against the hierarchy of the club maybe Ed has finally realised the way to appease the fans is to make actual signings. He and Ole tried the let's see if what we have is good enough route and it's been a failure and if spending £50+m on Bruno stops a revolt for at least 6 months then of course it's in their interest to do so. It's not a panic buy but it has been forced upon them.

Be really excited if Bruno does come to United. Been on my wishlist for the last 18 months and have no doubts he'll be the perfect link up between Martial and Rashford.

DanClancy

I've never seen him play, whats his best position? Can he play as one of 2 central midfielders?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Before this season he was being introduced from the academy. Clubs were not tried to get him from us so we didn't have to pay him more.
I know, but still he was already well established as first team player last season, club should immediately award him with a more respectable contract right after. 10k is really a disgrace, he is already over 22 and Rashford at younger age earns 20 times more than him, while the likes of Lingard and Jones both earn at least 7.5 times more than him too.

Bestietom

What's more amusing is they want to hold him until after friday's game with Benfica. If we do a deal, surely he comes here immediately.

redshaw

No concrete bid but it's firming up nicely.

Reminds me of the gamut of phrases rolled out in the summer

drdoityourself

If United were being used to drive up the price, I'd think they would have denied it already, especially with Sporting having done it before.

It is on, it is very much on.

DomesticTadpole

This feels like the media being played to me and nothing is actually going on at all.
Then Woodward is going to need some good ear plugs. If he does not bring somebody in then I fear for Ole. Either he is on borrowed time, or if he comes out and backs this he will begin to be seen as Woodward lackey. I hate seeing Ole getting abuse and OT has been a really safe haven for him. The Glazers are quite happy to let him and Ed get the tirades while they are safe in the US. Cowards.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's more amusing is they want to hold him until after friday's game with Benfica. If we do a deal, surely he comes here immediately.
Maybe they won’t do the deal until after the game? I think that makes a bit more sense don’t you Tom.

I don’t think that’ll happen anyway, Its very risky of sporting if they’re desperate for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.