Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

Even if he is a 10% upgrade on Andreas, which I think he is we will simply have a better team on the pitch.

He also brings in a killer free kick ability and a out of the box shooting ability which will be a much welcomed addition to the squad.

The most important thing which I think Bruno will bring is the leadership. He has been sporting's captain and you can see how passionate he is on the field. He also helped sporting during their tough times which tells a lot about his personality.

I am very excited about Bruno. He will be a superb addition and a crowd favorite.
Same here, what excites me about him is that he is a very hard working player who is capable of contributing on and off the ball. That's an important trait to have from your No.10 as it effectively turns the 4-2-3-1 into a hybrid 4-3-3 but with the added bonus of a third midfielder who can create or score.

Nick7

Either Sporting faked the Barca news to force us into upping our offer or United faked the Barca thing so they can claim that we beat Barca to the signing like they do with City.
Mendes is heavily involved with Valencia and was mediating this transfer. That says it all.

Jack-C20

Not a chance this will happen

And if it happen a 55 million for him are worse than 80 for Maguire
My kind of guy. Don’t get excited until he’s 100 percent, absolutely, definitely, without doubt 110 percent signed. You’re even throwing the reverse jinx in there. Pro pessimist :wenger:

Kag

Either Sporting faked the Barca news to force us into upping our offer or United faked the Barca thing so they can claim that we beat Barca to the signing like they do with City.
So either way you’re going to view this signing through a prism of self-inflicted negativity?

Good lad

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So, just to clarify, you're expecting us to win the CL and him to win the Ballon D'or? Solid argument you've got yourself there... :rolleyes:
To be fair there are many fans believe that we will win the league (very soon and that we are building towards the CL).
There are fans who believe we will win the Europa League this year!
There are also many who were sure that we had the best LB in the World and that Martial would win the Ball on Dor in a few years.
So, yes, some fans are deluded enough to believe that we could win the CL.

crossy1686

career ending
Who cares what we paid? We're getting an actual decent international midfielder. Honestly don't know why we don't raid Portugal more often when you look at the likes of what Maddison, Grealish and Longstaff cost.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Not long ago if a player wanted to renew the contract for more money they would use United as the “club interested” as a platform to get the new contract, I remember Ramos and Ronaldo on the news a few years ago. That’s over!

Ghostrider318

I hope the CAF has learnt its lesson from Fred and give him time to fit in a new team,league and country and dont write him off after he only manages 12 goals and 14 assists this season

Marcelinho87

So either way you’re going to view this signing through a prism of self-inflicted negativity?

Good lad
No negativity here just a thought.

Delighted if this gets over the line as he will provide something from midfield that we don't have.

pascell

Is there anyway he can do his medical without our medical team anywhere near him, like via a Skype call? We actually want him to pass after near 7 months of speculation.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Rashford Martial Greenwood
Pogba Bruno
McTominay?
Williams (someone else) Maguire AWB
Good lad. MMM(M3) is United path to glory.

Regardless, that team looks very strong. Mctominay and Fred can alternate the destroyer position. Linderloff is good enough, if we have a competent coach. Else we have Baily, Tuanzebe and Smalling who could do a great job as well.

Greenwood might be a bit young, but he has a future here. Summer, we might consider someone like Sancho and spend most of our resource their. Pogba and Bruno will be very offensive, so a destroyer in mid is definitely what we need.

Anustart89

So, just to clarify, you're expecting us to win the CL and him to win the Ballon D'or? Solid argument you've got yourself there... :rolleyes:
Y
Obviously not, but do you not think that our initial offer consisted of similar hard-to-reach objectives?

So, now that you’ve got all the sarcastic responses out of the way, can you answer my question and explain where you got the 20% price reduction from? You really think the starting point was them wanting a guaranteed €80m and we tricked them into taking €60m?

We’re obviously not going to agree on this but I’d rather have had the player integrated into the squad by the time we got to the winnable games (Burnley/wolves) and increased our chances of winning those games than having the money go to the Glazers in dividends, for an extra €5-10m, in a situation where our squad is paper thin.

If we’d have been a poor club I would’ve taken your point but the club has the third highest profits in all of football. Not like that amount is going to make or break the club that is in dire need of quality players to push for a slot in the CL. Not to mention the fact that having this deal over the line with two weeks to spare might’ve allowed us to focus on another target as well.

marktan

I really hope he's good. £50-60m is no small amount of money.

For that we could've gotten Buendia and Allan Saint-Maxim from the PL for a little more, both whom I rate highly. Just never know with players from weaker leagues.

Amarsdd

I really hope he's good. £50-60m is no small amount of money.

For that we could've gotten Buendia and Allan Saint-Maxim from the PL for a little more, both whom I rate highly. Just never know with players from weaker leagues.
really?! for me, he has looked nothing more than the Newcastle level he's at.

Art Vandelay

Even if he is a 10% upgrade on Andreas, which I think he is we will simply have a better team on the pitch.

He also brings in a killer free kick ability and a out of the box shooting ability which will be a much welcomed addition to the squad.

The most important thing which I think Bruno will bring is the leadership. He has been sporting's captain and you can see how passionate he is on the field. He also helped sporting during their tough times which tells a lot about his personality.

I am very excited about Bruno. He will be a superb addition and a crowd favorite.
Agreed. I think getting another leader into the dressing room is a huge bonus at the minute. We don't just need to rebuild the first team ability wise but also character wise. A decent freekick has been a must for a while. Hopefully he claims them now before Rashford comes back to repeatedly belt them into the crowd.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Good negotiating from Woodward and Judge again. Just like Maguire and AWB.....spent weeks dragging it out and it seems ended up paying the going rate anyway.

Fantastic to get Bruno on board but Ed Woodward and Matt Judge should be sacked immediately. They are an embarrassment to this club. fecking jokers.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
How often does he miss penalties? His run up looks like it'll give me stress.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I do. But that's not what we've done.

I don't see the merits in spending a month haggling an asking price of €80m down to €80m, which is what we've done. The figure's always been €80m and that's what the agreed fee is, if you believe the reports. So in that context, I don't see the point in not buying him two weeks earlier which means he can contribute to the team during a hectic period when our squad is threadbare.

Do you have any reliable sources claiming a €100m asking price or are you just going to peddle the 20% thing over and over again?
Assuming that’s true, how would the club know that on beforehand though? They knew Sporting needed the money so they probably thought there was a decent chance that they could bring the fee down. Makes complete sense.

Let me take you back to Dec 29th, three days before the transfer window opened

The fact that our club is so dysfunctional has made people forget what a normally functioning club looks like.
Entirely different case. That transfer had a release clause which was activated. No negotiations over transfer fee meant that it could happen a lot quicker.

I know United have been (and still is) run badly in many different ways since Fergie and Gill left, but complaining about the club spending a few weeks trying to negotiate a transfer fee is a bit weird.

Red71

That has to be a joke. More than half way through this video and he’s fecked up literally every touch he had there :lol: . Perreira level stuff
Looked like a pretty frustrating night for young Bruno...

Bill Beaumont

Have to wonder why no one wants this guy, seems very Andrei Arshvarin. Will start well, score a few, then drift to average

Lebowski

or sporting delayed the deal so they could get a few more games out of him.
Which do you think is more likely...

That a club in financial difficulties who have been desperate to sell a player since the summer would risk the buyer walking away and the player getting injured by delaying the deal so the player take part in a few largely meaningless games.

Or...

That a club with a track record of dragging out transfers and a CEO and head negotiator with little respect and no football knowledge would lowball a club in financial difficulties in an attempt to save a few quid.

I know which one my money is on.

Anustart89

Assuming that’s true, how would the club know that on beforehand though? They knew Sporting needed the money so they probably thought there was a decent chance that they could bring the fee down. Makes complete sense.

Entirely different case. That transfer had a release clause which was activated. No negotiations over transfer fee meant that it could happen a lot quicker.

I know United have been (and still is) run badly in many different ways since Fergie and Gill left, but complaining over the club spending a few weeks trying to negotiate a transfer fee is a bit weird.
I take your points and am inclined to agree in general, but the problem for me is that we’re in such a critical part of the season with such a depleted squad that it’d be worth taking €5-10m more out of the Glazers’ pockets to increase our chances of winning games that could take us into the top 4 (and as such, make the money back and then some). I don’t know what Sporting would’ve taken at the beginning of the month but I don’t think I’m way off when I say they’d taken a deal giving them €60m+€10m+€10m with the last 10 being hallon d’or etc. That would’ve given us an outlay if €5m more for an extra month with a player who might have made a difference. And if he doesn’t make an immediate impact and helps us get into the CL then we don’t need to pay the €10m CL bonus anyway.

I agree that the Haaland deal was a poor example but why leave negotiations until January anyway? It’s a long time ago now but we had Hargreaves, Anderson and Nani announced in May in 2007. Why couldn’t we have started negotiating in October? It’s not like the €16m debt that Sporting has to pay suddenly appeared a week ago, we could’ve known they needed the cash a long time ago and started negotiations then.

Status
Not open for further replies.