BT Sport

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It's crap on BT, I watch used to watch every game I possibly could but I rarely go out of my way to watch it now. It ruins the spectacle for everyone because BT viewership isn't anywhere near what it would be on ITV or Sky. People aren't talking about European football like they used to, because of BT. The subscription price will increase because of this too no doubt.
Can I ask why they are so bad?

clarkydaz

Weren't Uefa talking about taking the rights away from them as the arse had fell out of the ratings compared to itv/sky and they had sponsors complaining?
i was under this impression aswell, they only had another season or so

Peanut Butter

lack of viewers
crap pundits
SD picture is unwatchable on the few occasions they let a game be shown free to air
They're no better/worse than ITV. People are just irked that they have to pay for a subscription service to watch European footy and rightly so.

stevoc

i was under this impression aswell, they only had another season or so
Yeah i was hoping it would go back to ITV. I read their ratings for CL matches dropped from something like 4.5m on ITV to 200k on BT's free channel.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It was disgraceful of UEFA to give every CL game to a paid subscription based channel in the first place.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Can I ask why they are so bad?
In the UK you're looking at about £60 a month for Sky and Sky Sports, then a further £22 a month for BT Sport. That's just for SD. You can probably negotiate both down, but still, it's a lot of money since BT took all the European games and UK football fans are suddenly expected to subscribe to both. Or visit the local much more regularly.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I genuinely don't notice much difference in the games, be they BT Sport, Sky or ITV.

That being said, I rarely watch the build-up or post match analysis (only build up if it's a huge Chelsea game, only post-match if it's a big Chelsea win).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not specifically speaking about BT but a couple of their employees I find incredibly annoying, namely James Richardson and Jake Humphrey, especially the latter. The smug prick!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
In the UK you're looking at about £60 a month for Sky and Sky Sports, then a further £22 a month for BT Sport. That's just for SD. You can probably negotiate both down, but still, it's a lot of money since BT took all the European games and UK football fans are suddenly expected to subscribe to both. Or visit the local much more regularly.
That's pretty steep and I can relate as we pay a high price for both EPL plus the CL, La liga and Serie A here in Norway. Can't stand the CL coverage at Viasat.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That's pretty steep and I can relate as we pay a high price for both EPL plus the CL, La liga and Serie A here in Norway. Can't stand the CL coverage at Viasat.
And in UK we don't get to watch 3 o'clock kick offs which so crap.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
And in UK we don't get to watch 3 o'clock kick offs which so crap.
It's silly. I keep repeating myself because it p..... me off but we used to get 3 games at 4pm Saturday and at a better price as well. Viewers from other countries get to see less games from the PL and that can't be good.

AlwaysRed66

Another nail in the coffin of European football. Hear even the highlights wont be shown on ITV anymore. It is though UEFA have met & said how can we destroy people in UK watching Champions League. I know give it to a subscription channel like BT. Hopefully, the ratings will keep falling. I only care about English football these days.

Moiraine

Anyone thinks BT Sport should get Richard Keys and Andy Gray should. I sometimes miss Andy Gray's commentary to be honest. All they need is a couple of good commentators alongside Ian Darke. Now that we have to live with it (Watching Champions League and Europa League on BT til 2021), I think it would definitely improve their coverage and increase in audience.

stepic

ITV coverage used to be crap let's be honest. People just don't like paying extra money which is fair enough.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone thinks BT Sport should get Richard Keys and Andy Gray should. I sometimes miss Andy Gray's commentary to be honest. All they need is a couple of good commentators alongside Ian Darke. Now that we have to live with it (Watching Champions League and Europa League on BT til 2021), I think it would definitely improve their coverage and increase in audience.
Richard Keys should never be allowed back on air ever horrible little man.

Classical Mechanic

I genuinely don't notice much difference in the games, be they BT Sport, Sky or ITV.

That being said, I rarely watch the build-up or post match analysis (only build up if it's a huge Chelsea game, only post-match if it's a big Chelsea win).
Same.

The obsession with coverage baffles me. I tune in one minute before kick off, take the dog out and brew up at half time and turn it off straight after the game (unless it is a great win :drool:).

Always thought that BT's app was pretty good though.

My son has a cheap BT mobile sim and for an extra £5 per month get BT Sports on his phone , my phone and on my laptop and you can have 2 devices running at the same time.
That is their current business model, to try and tie everyone in to their other services with the football.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think it makes European football seem less important. I have BT and a basic (heavily discounted) Sky Sports subscription, but there's something different about matches that everyone can see. That one match a week free on terrestrial made it seem like a bigger deal, and the highlights kept the stories bubbling.

I hope it backfires on BT and UEFA. I hope it's pisses off the sponsors and leaves BT with no option other than to broadcast more matches/highlights free - proper matches, the big games, not just the leftovers - or to sell them (heavily discounted) to a proper channel.

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
£28/m for HD now I think they want, unless you have their broadband. Well they can feck right off with that, and I have indeed fecked them right off. Bye bye BT Sport.

Moiraine

Richard Keys should never be allowed back on air ever horrible little man.
You think it was the only incident ever happened, I am pretty sure the large majority of pundits and experts have been making remarks even worst than that on daily basis. I, being a female, am well aware that guys usually do that and its pretty normal, Keys and Gray were just unlucky to be caught on Camera as they weren't aware of it.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You think it was the only incident ever happened, I am pretty sure the large majority of pundits and experts have been making remarks even worst than that on daily basis. I, being a female, am well aware that guys usually do that and its pretty normal, Keys and Gray were just unlucky to be caught on Camera as they weren't aware of it.
Not just that incident it is his whole persona I can't stand he's a horrible little man.

arthurka

£28/m for HD now I think they want, unless you have their broadband. Well they can feck right off with that, and I have indeed fecked them right off. Bye bye BT Sport.
Well here in Iceland we pay 100£/month for this.. So this is a bit of a bargain..

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Martin Keown is a fecking mess. Bellerin has been excellent tonight and Arsenal have been let down by the officials apparently.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Martin Keown is a fecking mess
Let me stop you there Bubz. That's all you needed to say. As Man Utd fans, we all know and we have all known for the best part of 20 years now.

Bubz27

Anyone see that Jose interview? First question they ask him is a leading question about the number of games and injuries.

Jose answers the question but ends the interview in a positive, saying we're happy were fighting on 2 objectives.

Cut back to the studio and they slate Jose for moaning. Dean Saunders (who? Why the feck is he there?) Says he doesn't know why Jose is moaning. Then Captain Obvious joins in as well.

There's no regard for the number of injuries we have at all. The number of games is a sign of our success, but with a full squad there's be no complaints.

Bojan11

Anyone see that Jose interview? First question they ask him is a leading question about the number of games and injuries.

Jose answers the question but ends the interview in a positive, saying we're happy were fighting on 2 objectives.

Cut back to the studio and they slate Jose for moaning. Dean Saunders (who? Why the feck is he there?) Says he doesn't know why Jose is moaning. Then Captain Obvious joins in as well.

There's no regard for the number of injuries we have at all. The number of games is a sign of our success, but with a full squad there's be no complaints.
Said it in the matchday thread.

Sky get Lampard who is decent. Whilst BT get morons like Saunders and Owen.

Bubz27

Said it in the matchday thread.

Sky get Lampard who is decent. Whilst BT get morons like Saunders and Owen.
Its ridiculous. Its like they set the interview up to get Jose to moan, and he didn't even moan that much. But it didn't stop their planned slating.

manutd619

Its dumb how you need to have their broadband or risk paying an extortinate amount for BT Sport alone

Devil may care

Hoddle and Savage were a disgrace today, and I'm sure it was because they wanted the ingerlush manager to win and keep his team up instead of that dirty foreigner at Hull, then their fellow xenophobes on Sky can feel vindicated.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Berbatov is a upgrade on Owen and Savage.
Improving on Owen & Savage is easier than improving on an exam result for an exam you didn't even turn up for.

King Eric 7

Just called up BT Sports telling them that £28/month was too expensive. The guy said let me see if I can find out if we have any discounts. One minute later, the price was dropped to £10.99 for the next 12 months. Much better.

AlwaysRed66

Just called up BT Sports telling them that £28/month was too expensive. The guy said let me see if I can find out if we have any discounts. One minute later, the price was dropped to £10.99 for the next 12 months. Much better.
That implies to me that football sales are not going as well as predicted. If they were, it is doubtful they would have discounted it like that.

ZAGREB RED

I think Sky/BT will more often than not come up with discounts/deals if you push them or threaten to cancel, especially cancelling.