Bye bye top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
although it'd probably have been better if Liverpool, Tottenham, and probably Arsenal stayed in Europe, losing is as much a habit as winning, so here's hoping they've started a habit!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If anything it shows how crap the other teams can be. People on here have been acting like Arsenal and Liverpool are the new Invincibles.
This. If we sort ourselves out we're fine, big if though of course.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would've helped playing Spurs and Liverpool after a Europa league game but we've had fewer games this season and haven't looked any better anyway. We'll only have ourselves to blame in the end.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
This puts Liverpool on basically equal footing with us in terms of the situation going forward - the game tonight might have an effect on their next game, but it's one of the very few games that they could lose given the calibre of the opposition, so a waste of a draining away trip. After that they have a piss-easy (comparatively) FA cup tie before they head to the semi-final at least, other than that it's just the league games for the them, allowing them to play their high-energy, fast start approaches to the league games with plenty of recovery time.

Disastrous night for us.

Silverman

Why does everyone think Liverpool and Arsenal are invincible? They can lose any game. Might have been better if Liverpool and Tottenham stayed in Europe to drain them but they didn't so time to forget about it. Liverpool have played 120 minutes in Turkey and lost which means I think they will struggle against City and hopefully come Monday, the gap will be 5 between United and Liverpool.

Empire

Well it's in our own hands, as an example if we can't beat Sunderland (h), Newcastle (a) and Spurs (h) in a row then we don't deserve it, you need to string these wins together if you want to be in the champions league next season.

Also when we travel to Liverpool we know we need to get a point at least, it's not easy but top four will go to those most worthy when it's all done and dusted, you can't call it luck over 38 games.

If we don't get it then deal with it, if we get it then great, wait and see instead of admitting defeat. For all we know Louis van Gaal might prove to be a Mourinho in these big games. He did it in the world cup, he showed glimpses of it in the first half of the season, and if he gets it right and the players raise their game then we have nothing to worry about.

It might happen or it might not, the fun is not knowing.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
This. If we sort ourselves out we're fine, big if though of course.
Exactly. And let's not forget Liverpool were junk vs Saints. Should have had 2 penalties against them (could have been 3) and at least 2 reds cards in the first half alone. They scored a world class long range goal and finished off a team that lost their heads in the face of the worst refereeing display in the Premier League. They're were junk tonight too.

Arsenal got battered midweek and clung on for dear lives against Leicester.

Ringo 07

Why does everyone think Liverpool and Arsenal are invincible? They can lose any game. Might have been better if Liverpool and Tottenham stayed in Europe to drain them but they didn't so time to forget about it. Liverpool have played 120 minutes in Turkey and lost which means I think they will struggle against City and hopefully come Monday, the gap will be 5 between United and Liverpool.
Liverpool look much more solid than is away from home. Arsenal have been very consistent in the league recently too..No doubt they will both drop points. But both teams have balance and look quite solid. We have absolutely no balance and too many players not good enough yet the team looked solid without being able to create any chances and then all a team needs against us is 1 chance in a game and you can be sure that Jones or Smalling will hand them the goal gift wrapped with fancy pink bow. We are too disjointed but hopefully we can start getting results away from home as we have been a joke away from home in 2015

ThanksBoss26

Whether they finish third or fourth, I think Arsenal will make it. They always find a way.

I don't think Southampton or Spurs will be strong enough so Liverpool are the main threat. For the second year running then, I'm hoping for a City victory at Anfield tomorrow.

OneUnited24

I just had a look at our fixtures till the end of the season and if we make the top 4 i'd be very very surprised :(

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don't deserve top 4 playing like this. Too slow, too safe in possession, passing for the sake of it. No urgency or tempo to our play and still no idea what our best formation is.

Not good enough from the players or the manager.

Tyrion

I need to remember to go through this whole thread again at the end of the season. No matter what happens, I'm sure I'll end up crying. Hopefully with laughter.

That said, it probably isn't a good sign that I'm typing this and not looking at the game.

Winrar

If things don't improve, we'll be out of top 4 contention by the time we finish our league game against Chelsea.

prateik

This is not kneejerk.. We have looked more clueless in the last few weeks/months than we did at any point under Moyes.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
This is the first time this season where I don't believe we will make it,at all. The fact that half of our games are against the rest of the top 5, all of whom are flying, is hopeless.

Roboc7

Tonight sums up why we won't finish in the top four, as soon as we drop out I don't think we will get back, it's more about whether we can hold off spurs and Southampton to finish fifth.

Status
Not open for further replies.