Bye bye top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
We're absolutely atrocious. The football we play is tumescent slow shit, and our strikers look like blind donkeys.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
There's no way we're getting through the run-in the way we're playing.

We are utterly bereft of any creativity.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
This is starting to feel less and less likely despite us winning tonight.I was confident up until today, Newcastle were shit and we barely won.

Godfather

It would be an utter miracle if we made the top 4 with the football we are playing. But stranger things have happened in football.

Mainoldo

We have to beat Liverpool thats the only way we will make it. I hope we bore them to death and nick it at the end.

I've seemed to figure out where Mourinho gets his boring football from.

Jacob

I just looked at our remaining fixtures and we have a very tricky run-in.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is starting to feel less and less likely despite us winning tonight.I was confident up until today, Newcastle were shit and we barely won.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I was convinced we would get top four before this game, but that game really put doubt in my mind. We look clueless at times and Newcastle were poor IMO.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I was convinced we would get top four before this game, but that game really put doubt in my mind. We look clueless at times and Newcastle were poor IMO.
With the games coming up, I'm not.feeling too confident anymore after this performance. A vintage United side would have put three past these lot.

Raw

Arsenal H (FA Cup)
Spurs H
Liverpool A
Villa H
City H
Chelsea A
Everton A
Possible FA Cup game wedged between there somewhere.

This is it. This will define our season.

Mainoldo

We are appalling away from home and that will kill our top four chances.
To be honest we have to play Liverpool and Chelsea away from home. Question is can you see us losing?

Take into account we don't lose very often, worst case scenario we do what we do best. DRAW!!

Bojan11

We can get Spurs out the race, if we beat them.

And I think we should be able to if we play with some real urgency.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
We can get Spurs out the race, if we beat them.

And I think we should be able to if we play with some real urgency.
When have we done that this season?

Red Stone

We need to summon up title-winning form for the last 10 games if we want to save top 4. Our fixture list means that any slip-up could cost us the lot.

Anduin

Big chance next weekend, beat Spurs and we have some breathing space there, while Southampton need to go to Stamford Bridge. Hopefully Swansea can take something from their game against Liverpool (if Shelvey doesn't play they might have a chance), after that we go to Anfield.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Arsenal H (FA Cup)
Spurs H
Liverpool A
Villa H
City H
Chelsea A
Everton A
Possible FA Cup game wedged between there somewhere.

This is it. This will define our season.
Might be lucky enough to scrape a win against a Villa side that'll be fighting for their Premier League lives and a draw against Everton and that'll be about the height of it.

goin4glory

Definitely look better with 1 striker. Rojo doesn't offer much going forward from fullback but not his fault he's a makeshift.

JP77

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Tough games coming up and we're still not in top form. We should have beat Newcastle easily but somehow couldn't. We're standing in our own way and make things too difficult. However, first half was good so I count on that

Smores

:lol::lol::lol:

Embarrassing stuff as per usual.
Its much more embarrassing to mock your own fans who are alarmed at our awful form. We won but we're struggling with tough fixtures to come and our rivals have form.

Why not try some pragmatism rather than whatever compels this nonsense after an awful game

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Ironically, our conservative and cagey style plays a big part in the struggles against lesser opposition whilst being competitive vs the Top 6. If we can reproduce the kind of dogged efficiency that was on display through November and December, there's a fair chance we'll scrape through at the expense of either Liverpool or Arsenal. The ties at Old Trafford vs Arsenal and at Anfield vs Liverpool will be critical, with a possible 6 point relative spread for each game. Win and there's the massive incentive of going 3 points ahead. Lose and 3 points behind. Our whole season could essentially hinge on those 2 matches. Will take function over form for the last 10 fixtures, as long as we qualify for the Champion's League. The other issues can be gradually ironed out, starting with the off-season.

JoaquinJoaquin

:lol::lol::lol:

Embarrassing stuff as per usual.
Tbh I bet you thought similar at 0-0, who didn't? We just about scraped through for another week. If we dropped points tonight that was it IMO unless Liverpool have a major meltdown which doesn't look likely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.