Bye bye top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonred

Its much more embarrassing to mock your own fans who are alarmed at our awful form. We won but we're struggling with tough fixtures to come and our rivals have form.

Why not try some pragmatism rather than whatever compels this nonsense after an awful game
Yeah. Some of the quoted posts are extremely pragmatic views. Right?

Loony BoB

Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea
Man City 1-0 Man Utd
Arsenal 1-2 Man Utd
Southampton 1-2 Man Utd
Man Utd 3-0 Liverpool
Tottenham 0-0 Man Utd
Man Utd 0-1 Southampton

With our record of 4W, 2D, 2L against the top sides... I'm actually looking forward to playing some of the more challenging sides now. We'll get to see what happens when the opposition actually bother to do something besides camp in their half and try to nick it on the break when we're flooding forward.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What made you think we would get top 4 before this game? we've been struggling away from home all season.
Just thought that with Carrick coming back, Smalling coming into form and Rooney playing upfront would be enough to scrap top four.

LARulz

:lol::lol::lol:

Embarrassing stuff as per usual.
How so? We were lucky to get the win in the end. We didn't lay siege to their goal or anything. This also isn't based on one performance, these are people's opinions based over 8 months or so

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Arsenal H (FA Cup)
Spurs H W
Liverpool A L
Villa H W
City H D
Chelsea A L
Everton A D
Possible FA Cup game wedged between there somewhere.

This is it. This will define our season.
I see us getting 8 points out of those 18. Whether that's enough to stay in the top four, I really doubt it.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
I don't give a shit about top 4, I just want to see decent football. Fat headed prick has sucked the life out of our football.

MarkC

Some folks here need to decide if they are fans our supporters. Game hadn't even finished and people are talking like top 4 is gone that is what is embarassing(for them!).

Same in the matchday thread. What ever happened to people actually getting behind there team?

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
I get the impression some fans are disappointed with today's result.
Same thing happened with Moyes although that at least made some sense, now it's just odd.

It's also making the football section of the forum a complete no go area.

WyoManU

I don't believe we will get top 4..but I am overjoyed with our result. Keeps us in with a good chance if we can find some form.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Some folks here need to decide if they are fans our supporters. Game hadn't even finished and people are talking like top 4 is gone that is what is embarassing(for them!).

Same in the matchday thread. What ever happened to people actually getting behind there team?
I'm not sure if you're aware, but what you write on a forum has no bearing on the result whatsoever.

ravi2

I think we are playing better and will achieve top 4.
I hope rooney stays up front and goes on a nice scoring run....he is looking very sharp as of late.

Walters_19_MuFc

Those fixtures. :nervous:

My predictions:

Spurs - Home - W
Liverpool - Away - D
Villa - Home - W
Man City - Home - W
Chelsea - Away - D
Everton - Away - W

14/18

Optimistic, I know. But we've dug out results in the big games so far this season.

Sam

In all honesty, we're probably going to have to win all our remaining home games.

I've already accepted defeat at Anfield, so a draw from that would be a massive bonus for me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The problem right now is Liverpool. They are on a brilliant run of 29 out of 33 points. And were facing them at their most confident too. We need to somehow beat them at Anfield because right now they have the momentum in the race for 4th.

Roman Bellic

Prick

My predictions:

Spurs - Home - W
Liverpool - Away - D
Villa - Home - W
Man City - Home - W
Chelsea - Away - D
Everton - Away - W

14/18

Optimistic, I know. But we've dug out results in the big games so far this season.
Too optimistic, this is actually a dream scenario...but hey can't fault you for wishful thinking

Walters_19_MuFc

Too optimistic, this is actually a dream scenario...but hey can't fault you for wishful thinking
Seriously, though, why isn't this achievable? I mean, we've been pretty formidable at home this season, hence why I believe we'll win all of our home games.

The away games consist of Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa and Everton. The former two are in form, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say we can nick a draw at both stadiums. As for the latter two teams, well, you'd expect us to win both, given their form and the way they've been leaking goals and scoring a lack of.

beergod

Ironically, our conservative and cagey style plays a big part in the struggles against lesser opposition whilst being competitive vs the Top 6.
It is a complete inversion of SAF's teams and the Moyes year where we often looked very uncomfortable and stifled in these cagey affairs (except Arsenal :lol:). I fancy our chances against teams that will actually look to attack proactively instead of sitting back and relying almost exclusively on the counter.

Winrar

Seriously, though, why isn't this achievable? I mean, we've been pretty formidable at home this season, hence why I believe we'll win all of our home games.

The away games consist of Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa and Everton. The former two are in form, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say we can nick a draw at both stadiums. As for the latter two teams, well, you'd expect us to win both, given their form and the way they've been leaking goals and scoring a lack of.
We already faced Villa away.

Clas Sified

If the big teams were smart, they'd look to get men behind the ball and counter. Otherwise I see us winning or drawing most of our remaining games.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

My predictions:

Spurs - Home - W
Liverpool - Away - D
Villa - Home - W
Man City - Home - W
Chelsea - Away - D
Everton - Away - W

14/18

Based on how we're playing:

My predictions:

Spurs - Home - D
Liverpool - Away - L
Villa - Home - W
Man City - Home - L
Chelsea - Away - L
Everton - Away - D

5/18

is a lot more likely than 14/18.

Roman Bellic

Prick

you put us to go unbeaten with only 2 draws in our toughest fixtures, judging by our performances this season - that is damn near impossible

Roman Bellic

Prick
Based on how we're playing:

My predictions:

Spurs - Home - D
Liverpool - Away - L
Villa - Home - W
Man City - Home - L
Chelsea - Away - L
Everton - Away - D

5/18

is a lot more likely than 14/18.
we will beat Everton and Spurs

crossy1686

career ending
We need 70 points to cement a top 4 finish. We need 17 more points from our remaining 10 games.

It's going to be tough but it's not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.