Cüneyt Çakır

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Surely that's a fake account?
Why would it be? 164 tweets going back to July last year. Why would anyone bother making a fake account in the name of a referee that was hardly known until tonight?

His first 8 tweets are all pictures of himself. What the feck?

forevrared

On a seperate note, I reckon any league who have even a sniff of match-fixing or corruption should be barred from having their referees in continental competition.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Cakir recent red cards:

Tonight: Nani

Dec 2012: Cahill (Chelsea) vs Corninthians
Fifa club world cup final

Sept 2012: Gerrard (England) vs Ukraina
FIFA World Cup Qualifier

Apr 2012: Terry (Chelsea) vs Barcelona
UCL Semi

March 2011: Balotelli (Man City) vs Dynamo Kiev
Europa League round of 16

Anyone see a pattern?
Terry, Balotelli and Gerrard's reds were all warranted. Balotelli's was similar to Nani's although his was just plain dirty where Nani's seemed to be a genuine challenge.

Obviously it's yet another blatant case of UEFA's anti-English regime though.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
This is the same referee that refereed Portugal vs Spain at the Euros. Portugal complained about his selection before the game due to a perceived bias they felt he held towards Spain due to a close friendship with the head of the Spanish FA or someone.

Apparently he's also the linesman who flagged Scholes offside when he scored vs Porto when we got knocked out, although i'm not sure if that's true or not.

Now i'm not going for all these conspiracy theories but there is clearly a suggestion of bias here which begs the question, why was he put in charge?
Those referees were Russian.

hungrywing

You can't tweet about the alleged son in the Real academy (which smells like bullshit without even needing to check it - that kind of thing UEFA wouldn't miss) that's the kind of thing that makes the accusers look like clueless smear artists.

But if that account is real then you should get that out into wider public awareness.

Castia

He's only following 30 people and most of them are associated with Spanish football :lol:
That can't be his real account surely, a referee wouldn't show that much 'bias' towards a league so openly. He even follows Marca it's pretty much Madrid's in house newspaper.
Im not going full RAWK and accusing him of being corrupt but that's quite bizarre if it's real.

Giggsforever

It's surely not true that he has a son in the Real youth department, please someone confirm that it's not true...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's only following 30 people and most of them are associated with Spanish football :lol:
That can't be his real account surely, a referee wouldn't show that much 'bias' towards a league so openly.
It definitely seems legit. He's following loads of Turkish teams, and big news sources and official things, the only things out of place are Madrid, Barca, Ronaldo and messi. Also why would someone make a fake account of a little known Turkish referee and pretend its real?

TheRisingSun

Banned
It definitely seems legit. He's following loads of Turkish teams, and big news sources and official things, the only things out of place are Madrid, Barca, Ronaldo and messi. Also why would someone make a fake account of a little known Turkish referee and pretend its real?
He's not "little known". He's one of their top referees. Refereed Champions League semis, the World Club Cup final, big games in the Euros etc..

Castia

He even follows 'Spain'
'Welcome to Spain. Get ready for a trip to Spain! The official Twitter for tourism in Spain'

:lol: He's pretty much a full blown Spaniard.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's definitely a showy bastard. Absolutely loves making a song and dance about things... that "show" around the Nani sending off was ridiculous.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
That can't be his real account surely, a referee wouldn't show that much 'bias' towards a league so openly. He even follows Marca it's pretty much Madrid's in house newspaper.
Im not going full RAWK and accusing him of being corrupt but that's quite bizarre if it's real.
If you've a preference how can you be impartial? You talk about RAWK - people get away with this because of this silly thinking. We're not dreaming it up. If it ain't a fake, it's more then obvious it's dodgy ground....I wouldn't worry what other people think. It's pretty obvious. If it's real, a man like that should not be officiating this game. It's clear as day....

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If you've a preference how can you be impartial? You talk about RAWK - people get away with this because of this silly thinking. We're not dreaming it up. If it ain't a fake, it's more then obvious it's dodgy ground....I wouldn't worry what other people think. It's pretty obvious
I agree. If you have a preference to a team then you will be biased, by either giving them soft decisions or the reverse and being harder on them in an attempt to show you aren't being biased. Basically, if this account is true, then i'm astounded he was able to officiate the match. He's basically admitted to being a Madrid/Barca fan, why else would you follow ONLY them? It's baffling and frustrating in equal measure.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's not "little known". He's one of their top referees. Refereed Champions League semis, the World Club Cup final, big games in the Euros etc..
You're spot on. It's so easy to get him confused with Pierluigi Collina....;) Top Referee my arse. He's an acceptable scape goat and get's looked after

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Why would it be? 164 tweets going back to July last year. Why would anyone bother making a fake account in the name of a referee that was hardly known until tonight?

His first 8 tweets are all pictures of himself. What the feck?
That's why I thought it. All the pics seem official, it's just weird.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Terry, Balotelli and Gerrard's reds were all warranted. Balotelli's was similar to Nani's although his was just plain dirty where Nani's seemed to be a genuine challenge.

Obviously it's yet another blatant case of UEFA's anti-English regime though.
Terry's was questionable. Just because it was Terry the cnut doesnt mean it was an obvious red. It was a petty, harmless kick-out that could easily have been a yellow.

Cevno

Hopefully he is made to retire and feck off after this and a investigation is launched on him with Interpol or something. :p

VoetbalWizard

we should leverage our connection with turkish airlines to have their lot hound this cnut back there.

either that or we need to drop turkish airlines as a sponsor.

official airline partner..get fecked.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Honestly, what was going through this cnut's head? He's had a minute to think about it, it's a collision between 2 players going for the ball, yet he still thinks "I know, I'll stun the whole world and give a red card". Who the feck thinks like that, I can't comprehend what he's thinking when nobody is expecting a red.

If he's going that much to the letter of the law, then Arbeloa's should have been a red on Evra, a knee high dangerous tackle. Surely a red too?

Cevno

Honestly, what was going through this cnut's head? He's had a minute to think about it, it's a collision between 2 players going for the ball, yet he still thinks "I know, I'll stun the whole world and give a red card". Who the feck thinks like that, I can't comprehend what he's thinking when nobody is expecting a red.

If he's going that much to the letter of the law, then Arbeloa's should have been a red on Evra, a knee high dangerous tackle. Surely a red too?
Nobody was expecting it, and he didn't look like he was about to show anything like that either. Even the Madrid players were quiet and ready for the game to resume.

While this numpty ref was smiling and then all of a sudden Nani got up and he took out the Red card. Shocking really. Even Mourinho looked embarassed when they showed him after the card.

I really hope his decision was a genuine mistake. Because if he let other factors influence him then he's a disgrace to the sport. It showed very little common sense of what happens in a football match.

Twat...

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
At the end, he's made his decision. I'm sure every cnut and his dog were laughing at us when Van Persie got sent off at Barcelona for nothing, when we were giving them a game 11v11 and were favourites to go through at that stage.

He got it horribly wrong tonight imo, shit happens. Hopefully he doesn't start getting death threats or shit like that, it would just reflect badly on your club.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
At the end, he's made his decision. I'm sure every cnut and his dog were laughing at us when Van Persie got sent off at Barcelona for nothing, when we were giving them a game 11v11 and were favourites to go through at that stage.

He got it horribly wrong tonight imo, shit happens. Hopefully he doesn't start getting death threats or shit like that, it would just reflect badly on your club.
From a quick look, I'd say it was 50/50 really. A lot of people laughing and a lot of people calling the ref a twat: https://www.redcafe.net/f7/barcelona-vs-arsenal-2nd-leg-323093/index21.html

Fully agree on the second paragraph.

Fergies Gum

That's why I thought it. All the pics seem official, it's just weird.
I think it is a fake account to be honest. All the pics which he is alleged to have posted were already on Google before he made the account and he has no other pics of himself apart from referee pics.

Does anyone think a ref would be that foolish to follow Madrid and Barca amongst other pages for the whole world to see and not even bother making his page private?

Moriarty

I agree. If you have a preference to a team then you will be biased, by either giving them soft decisions or the reverse and being harder on them in an attempt to show you aren't being biased. Basically, if this account is true, then i'm astounded he was able to officiate the match. He's basically admitted to being a Madrid/Barca fan, why else would you follow ONLY them? It's baffling and frustrating in equal measure.
That's a bit weird in itself, like being a United/Liverpool fan.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I hope he gets a flat tyre!

Sorry, I'll try and calm down.
this made me smile. Hopefully in the pouring rain, in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone reception, in a non-life threatening situation

I can't fathom how he came to the decision. We have to move on but it sure hurts right now.

VoetbalWizard

if he's driven out of european football, how it happens doesn't concern me.

uefa should pull assignments from him proactively, but they didn't even do that over overbo (he was allowed to referee in the CL after barca-chelsea).

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think it is a fake account to be honest. All the pics which he is alleged to have posted were already on Google before he made the account and he has no other pics of himself apart from referee pics.

Does anyone think a ref would be that foolish to follow Madrid and Barca amongst other pages for the whole world to see and not even bother making his page private?
A Turkish fan in the newbies is saying it isn't real as well:

it is %100 fake...it is forbidden for refs in Turkey...they don't even talk about past games...they talk after retirement:D
Also says he isn't a very good referee:

hi...i am from Turkey
cüneyt çakır is really a pure stupid...
i am a besiktas fan...in 2011 besiktas-fenerbahce match besiktas was leading the game 2-1 and 65.minute this stupid cüneyt showed a red card to besiktas defender and awarded a penalty to fenerbahce nowhere near ball...i was really shocked about that decision...it was the worst decision i had ever seen...besiktas lost that game 2-4 because of that stupid man...
i remember too much mistake of him...he isn't a good referee...i really can't understand why he is chosen for such a big game...
Man Utd was playing very good and deserving to qualify %100...i am really sorry:(

(he hasn't got a twitter account(it is forbidden for refs) so don't write that fake account)

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Put his tweets into google translate and a lot of them did seem quite odd. I couldn't understand most of it, because apparently the translator from Turkish to English is pretty shit, but it seemed like he was discussing calls on the pitch with a few users. Even seemed to talk about him not being able to give the offside if the assistant doesn't see it (and by that effectively putting the assistant in the line of fire) which seemed very odd.

Begs the question though; how sad do you have to be to make such a dull fake account?

Fergies Gum

Also says he isn't a very good referee:
I suspected it was fake the moment i opened the twitter page. If the Twitter page had pics of Cuneyt that were not on the internet, i would have thought its more likely to be real.

Whoever made the account just uploaded a few pics that were readily available on Google and thought they could trick everyone.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I suspected it was fake the moment i opened the twitter page. If the Twitter page had pics of Cuneyt that were not on the internet, i would have thought its more likely to be real.

Whoever made the account just uploaded a few pics that were readily available on Google and thought they could trick everyone.
Yeah, that's my view on it as well.

Put his tweets into google translate and a lot of them did seem quite odd. I couldn't understand most of it, because apparently the translator from Turkish to English is pretty shit, but it seemed like he was discussing calls on the pitch with a few users. Even seemed to talk about him not being able to give the offside if the assistant doesn't see it (and by that effectively putting the assistant in the line of fire) which seemed very odd.

Begs the question though; how sad do you have to be to make such a dull fake account?
:lol: There are some weird people out there.