Cadiz vs Manchester United | Match Thread

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Six first team defenders are at the World Cup. :houllier:
I think that's to be expected of a team aiming to compete for league titles etc.
What I'm getting at is the depth just falls off a cliff. We're so bad at picking reliable, composed defenders

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I doubt any that play into the last week will be playing against Forest. They'll get a break.
I’d say the ones who make the final might not. The ones who get knocked out in the semis will probably rest for Burnley then play the next league game.

the_cliff

Great play from Zidane Iqbal.

He looks a lot better than DVB for example.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Think the yardstick for if this goes well, has nothing to do with the score.

For AWB, it’s about starting a long journey getting back in shape, getting his timing back.

For someone like Mengi, it’s about showcasing himself for ETH.

For McTominay it’s about adopting even more into ETHs style of play. To take more risks, don’t be afraid of getting the ball.

And so forth and so forth. The actual score means nothing.
Ten Hag himself said the opposite in his pre-match interview.

I'm not fussed cos even players who'd be on the bench for us are missing. However, I imagine Ten Hag will be annoyed by what he's seen so far.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
WC players should be straight back in. No different to any other year when they play 2 games a week. Only difference it’s in Qatar and for their country. ETH can’t afford not to use them.

CallyRed

For AWB, it’s about starting a long journey getting back in shape, getting his timing back.

For McTominay it’s about adopting even more into ETHs style of play. To take more risks, don’t be afraid of getting the ball.

I like the bolding of key words in your posts.

tjb

Many United fans don't seem to understand why we aren't as good as some expect. Control of games go because Mctominay and Donny aren't good enough. 3 of the back 4 were regularly starting in 2021. Elanga has played a lot of games, particularly last season.

The world cup should show this. The difference between quality players shows a lot in their use and their ability to eat up space in midfield.

Kag

I think that's to be expected of a team aiming to compete for league titles etc.
What I'm getting at is the depth just falls off a cliff. We're so bad at picking reliable, composed defenders
We’re playing two kids from the academy that haven’t played a professional football match in almost a year, and a right back who we are about to get rid of who hasn’t played any real football since March. I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
AWB has nothing to play for here
Of the senior players out there, only Martial looks a senior player. The youngsters aren't getting much guidance that's for sure. Lindelof. Van de Beek. :wenger: I prefer not to speak...

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Amazing how much we've spent on defenders the last 5 years and this is the best we can come up with.
So much of the defense is about communication and cooperation from the back four plus at least the CDM. It takes time to build a new back line. We had some bad luck, was lost a bit on set pieces. No biggie.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
So much of the defense is about communication and cooperation from the back four plus at least the CDM. It takes time to build a new back line. We had some bad luck, was lost a bit on set pieces. No biggie.
Sorry my comment was a little reactionary. I should know better. Old habits...

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Before entering the thread I said to myself, there'll be people moaning as if our best 11 first team are playing and this match actually matters.

Suffice it to say, I was not wrong.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Before entering the thread I said to myself, there'll be people moaning as if our best 11 first team are playing and this match actually matters.

Fair point Gary, why even have the score at all? they should just get on with it like a training match

yamo123x

Some real crap on show here, some real talent too.

I've seen enough of VDB AWB Brandon and Elanga to know they ain't good enough.

Garnacho and Iqbal stand out here.

Hope to see more youngsters 2nd half

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
if we don’t turn this around do you think we should cut our losses with ten had and get someone else in who has a couple of weeks to turn it around before the festive period? i’m worried that if we leave it too late we’ll be losing inter-team, behind closed door matches next.

Kag

Nutters.

The only players out there that get near the first team are Martial, Garnacho, Lindelof and McTominay. The latter two being bench options when the squad is fully fit. Some of the lads playing today haven’t played competitive football in months.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

You certainly are not wrong, it amazes me how worked up some people get over a match that is designed to get minutes into players legs, giving certain players an opportunity to show the manager what they can do, or not.
It is far better to struggle to some extent in a match, it shows the manager who can perform and who can't.

prateik

Iqbal should be getting minutes ahead of DvB.. pretty disappointing, but DVB just doesnt work..

Gordon S

Why do we have to pick Spanish sides. We play them far to often anyway

MonkeysMagic

Quite clearly at least half of this starting 11 don't justify a squad position but we struggle to move the deadwood on so unless free transfers, we are suck with them until their contracts wind down.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Ten Hag himself said the opposite in his pre-match interview.

I'm not fussed cos even players who'd be on the bench for us are missing. However, I imagine Ten Hag will be annoyed by what he's seen so far.
ETHs job is to coach the team, it’s important that the team plays to win and not to showcase themselves for the manager (in which case you will get nothing, it’s a team game).

Pearl.Jam

Hoorah, I can comment on a match day thread, the joys of a dodgy fire stick is watching this in full HD with no buffering or searching for a river ever again

Alemar

We are in general very very poor. The quality of passing and ball control is low, intensity is nonexistent :(

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I take your points but off course the score matters if we get walloped 5-0

Bondi77

Shouldn't put it on MUTV then .....that would be the sensible thing.