Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Anyone got the video of the goal? I could be wrong but how the hell some people are blaming him for it is bizarre. Looked to me like he nearly bailed Blind out with a great tackle that nearly stopped Costa.
Well, imo he felt asleep and when other 3 defenders pushed forward he stayed and play Costa and Ivanovic onside.
Genuine question why do you think its Blinds fault? :confused:

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Only a small amount of blame for the goal in my eyes. Blind pushed out unnecessarily. CBJ had very little time to react, and he wasn't that far behind the defensive line.
This. The kid was in the right place till Blind broke ranks ruining the whole shape and made everyone look out of position. That gamble by Blind should have only been made if his partners was next to him and not in a situation where your FBs end up being the last defenders.
Anyway this about the kid and his ability to put in proper performances, when we were thinking he would be overrun by now.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Possibly the best crosser of the ball in the league.

He's got a left foot wand

roykeane19

Just came to post this, should not all football players be able to cross like this?. They play so much football non stop, and they all jut hoof the ball into nearest player or aimlessly into the box. Anyway CBJ is making excellent crosses into the box, playing very mature for his age, and good defender too

Skills

Snitch
Him and Martial work well together. Even if Martial isn't having the best of games, his movement and presence opens up space for the full back to overlap. CBJ exploited it really well.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Excellent crossing today, shows real potential. Couple of dubious decisions - complacency on the ball when best to hoof it, and hoofing it when under little pressure, but overall a very good performance for a very inexperienced kid.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Has two assists now. What I really like is not only can he deliver a good ball but he don't fanny about. The strikers know that if he's running onto it, it will be whipped in

XdanielredX

Now we have the problem of when Shaw comes back obviously he gets fit and gets back in the team, what of CBJ, could we try him on the right?

Or could we try a Bale with Shaw and move him to the wing? And the CBJ can take LB?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Now we have the problem of when Shaw comes back obviously he gets fit and gets back in the team, what of CBJ, could we try him on the right?

Or could we try a Bale with Shaw and move him to the wing? And the CBJ can take LB?
Ideally, I want this "problem" for each position. Keep every player on their toes with hungry quality players so they can truly fight for the position. That way rotation wouldn't cause our whole team to collapse.

bugmat

Well, imo he felt asleep and when other 3 defenders pushed forward he stayed and play Costa and Ivanovic onside.
Genuine question why do you think its Blinds fault? :confused:
It was both.. Borthwick-Jacko should've held the line..he was too busy watching Ivanovic(?) but hes inexperienced so it happens. Blind gambled and tried to intercept the pass, missed, then slipped trying to recover leaving Costa free.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

He has, but he has to bear in mind that while whipping in a super dangerous cross along the edge of the six yard box would be great at most clubs and result in bags of goals, at United, he had to remember that Rooney and Martial will likely be behind the penalty spot. Hernandez would've thrived on his deliveries if he could stay onside.

Spock

Some of the attacks on Bo-Jack here boggle the mind. Blind took an unnecessary risk and we paid the price.

MDFC Manager

Why not the other way round? Because Shaw is by far the superior defender.

Robbie Boy

He's done well since he has come into the team. Fair play to him. Not sure how good he will het but he's made a promising start.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's done well since he has come into the team. Fair play to him. Not sure how good he will het but he's made a promising start.
The world's at his feet. His defensive game will improve for the workout Willian gave him and he has a cool head.

Robbie Boy

The world's at his feet. His defensive game will improve for the workout Willian gave him and he has a cool head.
Definitely, and considering I hadn't even heard a thing about him before this season, is all the more impressive. Hard to believe he's only 19 and has been thrown in at the deep end. It was sink or swim for him really and right now he's swimming along quite nicely indeed.

Inigo Montoya

Definitely, and considering I hadn't even heard a thing about him before this season, is all the more impressive. Hard to believe he's only 19 and has been thrown in at the deep end. It was sink or swim for him really and right now he's swimming along quite nicely indeed.
And he's only just turned that!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
:lol: this place is brilliant.

Young lad has a couple of decent games and all of a sudden he's better than Shaw (who was also crap and a waste of money at one point last season but has since then become the best lb in the world).

Inigo Montoya

Young lad has a couple of decent games and all of a sudden he's better than Shaw (who was also crap and a waste of money at one point last season but has since then become the best lb in the world).
Who's said he's better than Shaw? I don't see any posts on this pageat least!

Norris

He's better than shaw. Saying this to see how cassiusclaymore will react. :P

MDFC Manager

True but I just feel Shaw has that pace and agility that CBJ lacks, CBJ definitely has a better cross on him but Shaw has more of an ability to take players on which is suited to a winger I feel.
Yup agreed, it's an interesting situation.

m1y2

Not a single person thinks this. People just give credit to unexpected graduate youngster..

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Not a single person thinks this. People just give credit to unexpected graduate youngster..
Yeah and when we're losing a few games he's not good enough for the club.

People need to take a step back when it comes to assessing young players. Personally I'll withhold all hyperbole (positive or negative) until I've seen the likes of Borthwick-Jackson, Memphis and Januzaj performing under another manager. Hopefully next season.

prath92

They were all injured. all of them.
CBJ might have earned his spot now, but he wasnt given a chance after our first and second choice got injured.
It took Shaw, Rojo, Young to get injured and even then Blind and Darmian were the preferred choice. Jones, McNair, Carrick have all been injured for large parts. Well.. McNair not for that long, but he was out for a good few weeks after rupturing his liver... which happened about the time CBJ and Tuanzebe were called up.

If I remember correctly, LVG even called Tuanzebe up to train with the squad before CBJ.

Van Gaal has given kids a chance. McNair and Blackett last season showed that.. But I really dont think he can get any credit for playing CBJ.
He had very little choice. There were plenty of injuries and whatever few players we had left were playing a lot at that time.
He pretty much had to look at the reserves for players and pick a left back from there.

CBJ got his chance and has made the most of it.
CBJ came on against WBA in the 65th minute when we had Jones blind and rojo fit for the game. He could have not played him that game as we were protecting a 1-0 lead but chose to play him anyway. So yes he deserves credit.

prateik

CBJ came on against WBA in the 65th minute when we had Jones blind and rojo fit for the game. He could have not played him that game as we were protecting a 1-0 lead but chose to play him anyway. So yes he deserves credit.
OK. So i didnt remember that and decided to look a that match report.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34686915

Young was playing at RB. Rojo was playing at LB
Jones replaced Young at 62 minutes. Straight swap.
Rojo picked up a knock and was replaced by CBJ after then 76th minute
We had no other option.
A big moment for 18-year-old Cameron Borthwick-Jackson. He is on for his debut as Marcos Rojo goes off with what appears to be a minor injury. Can he help see this one out?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/34215408
I'm done with this topic. I have said what I had to. If people think LVG deserves credit for this, I really dont care any more. I just dont agree.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Chuffed for CBJ. He's not the finished product yet, and he'll encounter some setbacks, but hopefully at the end we have a player worthy of playing in an elite team.

Status
Not open for further replies.