Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It wasn't really terrible mistake, he wasn't that far behind, Blind stepping out of the defence acting like a midfielder was far worse than him.

LLMU

Genuine talent. Nothing fazes him. Could have stop Costa's goal but can't fault him. The world is there for him to take.

kundalini

Costly mistake for their goal otherwise played well. His final ball seems better than any of the other full-backs at the club.

Ferguson

I feel sorry that his mistake cost us the game because up to then he was solid.

It doesn't help that Memphis is casually losing possession and not tracking back.

My gut said we'd ship a goal as soon as I saw Memphis' pass.

This is what happens when you are relying on young players.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I think he's absolutely class for someone who's barely turned nineteen. A good defender, and a very decent crosser to boot!

As for the goal, for me it's not his fault. Blind simply can't push up like that in that situation.

NinjaFletch

Notices today that he's awful under the high ball. Couple of times he didn't trust himself and let it bounce as well.

Still, minor criticisms.

FromTheBench

What happens to him when Shaw's fit? Can he play in the middle?
Yeah, he's naturally supposed to be a CB though was filling in at LB in U18s due to lack of options there and Williams and Tuanzebe/Mensah at CB.

For the U21s this season he's mostly played CB though and Did well.

Having said that he'll probably end up on the bench.

Devil may care

Just like I said I'm not blaming any of the defense for the goal, the blame lies in not releasing the pressure. CBJ was very good against today, he's so calm and technically good on the ball and his delivery is excellent.

What happens to him when Shaw's fit? Can he play in the middle?
I honestly think it's more likely Shaw would be converted to CB if that was even on the cards.

R'hllor

Mourinho would dispose of him so quickly. He has been class and his crosses is almost as good as beckham.
That cnut wouldnt dispose him because CBJ wouldnt have a chance to even sniff around Mourinho first team.

tom33

Only a small amount of blame for the goal in my eyes. Blind pushed out unnecessarily. CBJ had very little time to react, and he wasn't that far behind the defensive line.

Norris

What a crosser of the ball. I have never a recent United player cross a ball with so much pace and so much swerve. And he's got some neat skills too. More than has what it takes to be at this level and play for United for a long time.

His inexperience did show however. That dummy by Willian and the Costa goal.

Dobba

Hopefully he has the sort of character to take mistakes on the chin and learn from them. Nothing he's done on the pitch suggests that won't be the case but it's always a possibility with young players.

Timdbro

I don't think Blind pushed up to try and catch Costa offside, he decided to close down Terry for some reason. Not exactly a horrific mistake in and of itself from CBJ, we've seen far worse from far more experience defenders.

khoazany

He always seem to have that extra bit of calmness and composure but it's still crazy how he took the step up so gracefully.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's got a bit of work to do defensively but a solid attacking performance from him.

One of the best crossers I've seen wearing the shirt in a very long time.

NK86

So quick with his feet. Does not just hoof it even under pressure. Have to say I was apprehensive when he first came on against Bournemouth but he has been very good for us. Also cannot really blame him for the goal. Blind stepping up stupidly and falling over actually cost us the three points.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
BoJack might just be the real deal. I like this kid. Ok he made a mistake but that's normal at his age. Overall he was good. Please keep improving lad.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Saying it again - he is a better attacker than shaw.
I think it's a bit like comparing Evra and Cole. Evra was far better at driving forward, getting into positions and just owning the entire side of the field, but Cole had a better final ball so at the end of the day they generally had similar attacking stats.

Likewise, Shaw is a much better all-round attacking player than CBJ. At least basing it on his form this season before the injury (last season he was much quieter in that regard). But CBJ's final ball has been very impressive so far, probably better than Shaw's.

Sylar

Its like our attackers have never seen him play football before. You know hes going to whip it in, yet nobody wants to get on the end of the crosses or a midfielder doesnt want to gamble to get a goal.

So glad hes been given a chance to play and is taking it.

AKDevil

Notices today that he's awful under the high ball. Couple of times he didn't trust himself and let it bounce as well.

Still, minor criticisms.
And there was one back post cross he struggled to get off the ground and deal with under little pressure. Minor, he'll learn.
Looked good so far

AKDevil

He's had some serious tests so far and come through them well, I'll forgive him that mistake for goal today, was unlucky his recovery tackle didn't save goal. At least he didn't play costa on and watch play unfold. Did as much as possible to rescue situation. But back to tests, Wolfsburg, Anfield and now today.

204Red

It wasn't really terrible mistake, he wasn't that far behind, Blind stepping out of the defence acting like a midfielder was far worse than him.
it all stemmed from Memphis giving the ball away cheaply about 15 seconds earlier

edcunited1878

If we play 352.....

CBJ may end up partnering Smalling in central defence though. I think left back is just a way to ease him in.
CBJ partnering with Smalling would have some rough patches, but CBJ is able to support the attack and his crosses have been excellent. You want to take what he offers to the team and use it, so going to CB kind of limits that. The fact that he's a left footed defender gave him the chance to play because of all the injuries. Darmian is a RB obviously, but Darmian had to play at LB while Young was on the right.

siw2007

Really impressed with the progress he has made so far. I was sceptical after the Bournemouth game where he struggled, but since he has come back into the team he has gone from strength to strength. He's intelligent, quick, composed on the ball and he crosses the ball better than the vast majority of our attackers. Other parrts of his game like his physicality and heading ability will come with experience and when he grows up.

I'm not too annoyed that he made a slight error of judgement, that could have been any players on the pitch, but we were under a lot of pressure and it's understandable that a young player who might be a little tired could lose his concentration.

He probably won't be first choice left back when Shaw comes back to fitness but he could grow into being a good centre back.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He haad a good game despite struggling a lot against Willian. Has an assurance about him as if he doesn't feel out of place, which wasn't there when he first came into the side and isn't there with the other young defenders we've tried. Also has recently just in general been miles better than anyone else we've tried at LB since Shaw got injured.

He wasn't at fault for the goal at all unless you think we were playing an offside trap despite our whole team being camped inside their own penalty area...in what world would this not be a terrible idea from the get go? The goal doesn't happen if Blind has half a clue how to play as a centreback, and the way we were just spanking the ball up the pitch like cowards meant it wasn't really a surprise either.

Really harsh to blame it on the one player who would have an excuse for lacking the experience/compsure in that situation, when the whole bloody team was at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.