Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Well I disagree.

Depay played 90 minutes only 4 times in his first 10 games for us. Since then he has been a bit part player.

Martial might be young but he is fully physically developed. I don't see why he needs resting. He isn't being rested now and has come back into form.

Lingard is 23, he should be able to play 50 games in a season.

Januzaj only started 15 games in the league for us under Moyes. Even if he played 15 in a row, are you saying that he couldn't manage that?
Fair enough, but yes, because people develop differently at different stages of their career, but even so, whilst you may not burn out physically you can still burn out mentally (which can then have an effect on your confidence).

Football has come to a point where rotation is necessary and rest is required esp for younger players to keep them having a long career. 23 is still young in a normal football career, players like Messi and ronaldo are not the norm.

Nickosaur

I'm just thinking ahead to when Shaw comes back. I'd hate to see CJB go back to being an understudy.
Fair point, but he's still so young. Shaw will rightly come back as first choice, and I'm sure CBJ will still get plenty of chances himself (imo he looks a little weak to play at CB right now, but as others have said, he can play there), especially now we've all seen what he can do.

Moriarty

Fair point, but he's still so young. Shaw will rightly come back as first choice, and I'm sure CBJ will still get plenty of chances himself (imo he looks a little weak to play at CB right now, but as others have said, he can play there), especially now we've all seen what he can do.
He gets better each game he plays. He's a decent crosser of the ball and has a good turn of speed. He might be a bit slight to play centre half at this level though.

Rossa

Valencia would teach him how to cross the ball into the defenders ankles/stands.
Seeing as the only times we are inside the opposition box is at corners, that might not be a bad idea actually. We are that woeful. Good that LVG chooses to focus on possession.

pseudo_canadian

He's a bit good, isn't he? Consistently whips in beautiful crosses and is always a threat going forward.

Really happy for him that he's broken in.

Skills

Snitch
Second best full back at the club after Shaw. Shame they both play on the same side.

Acole9

Outstanding
Another good performance today for the young lad, one of the only ones who didn't let us down.

Boycott

He was outstanding in the first half. Always full-blooded in his tackles and runs. Bit harder in the second as he was isolated but still held his ground.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Doesn't seem the quickest(acceleration) especially on the turn so he'd have to read the game better because he'll struggle to recover like Shaw does(Luke is gifted with frankly mind blowing mid range acceleration).

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
His crossing is magical at times.

Learning the game well as he goes along, good competition though obviously still young and learnin' to Shaw.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That myth that young players can't play every game because they burn out, it's just bollocks. If your a young player you want to play every game you can and you feel fitted and stronger than ever, I think this myth stems from when young players get injured namely Owen who struggled when young. Truth is most of these guys could play hundreds of games back to back and their bodies could handle it.

Donut

He's really come along after a very catious (understandably) first few games.

Does anyone know what his contract situtation is? Hopefully, he won't be tempted by the promise of first team football elsewhere once Shaw comes back.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That myth that young players can't play every game because they burn out, it's just bollocks. If your a young player you want to play every game you can and you feel fitted and stronger than ever, I think this myth stems from when young players get injured namely Owen who struggled when young. Truth is most of these guys could play hundreds of games back to back and their bodies could handle it.
I think I'd trust SAF's opinion more than yours on that. He used to bang on about it a lot and contributed it to some of his young Aberdeen players not lasting

SqueakyWeasel

He's really come along after a very catious (understandably) first few games.

Does anyone know what his contract situtation is? Hopefully, he won't be tempted by the promise of first team football elsewhere once Shaw comes back.
It was rumoured recently that he'll be signing a new 5 year deal with a 500x increase in pay (although this would put him on £10k pw it seems he, or his management team, might be reluctant to sign on the dotted line for such a long deal tying him to such comparatively low wages for a first team regular) either way they'd better hurry up as his current contract runs out this summer!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
LVG confirms he's injured - hence his substitution.

Hed Zitin

Shit.

Something needs sorting. These injuries are not just unlucky. Not training on a deso pitch and other changes should be tried out.

acnumber9

It was rumoured recently that he'll be signing a new 5 year deal with a 500x increase in pay (although this would put him on £10k pw it seems he, or his management team, might be reluctant to sign on the dotted line for such a long deal tying him to such comparatively low wages for a first team regular) either way they'd better hurry up as his current contract runs out this summer!
No wonder we can't get the best young players if we're only paying them £20 a week.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hope it's not serious,we actually look half decent with him at LB. will need him for the next few games.

Parry Gallister

I'm blaming you

Status
Not open for further replies.