Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any updates on the injury? Hope it's nothing serious.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Was apparently dropped off to training by his mum so can't be that bad! :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cameron-borthwick-jackson-dropped-training-7430013
Or it means he can't drive because of the injury.

Aside from that what is with these articles? It's almost poking fun at him for being dropped to training by his mother. Last week they had another article about him driving a Corsa.

Trying to shame the kid into buying a sports car or something. Then they'll write another piece on him being a big shot, a la Depay.

Gutter gutter press.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Aside from that what is with these articles? It's almost poking fun at him for being dropped to training by his mother. Last week they had another article about him driving a Corsa.

Trying to shame the kid into buying a sports car or something. Then they'll write another piece on him being a big shot, a la Depay.

Gutter gutter press.
Build them up to knock them down. Or in this case, knock them down then build them up and then knock them down again.

SqueakyWeasel

Gutter gutter press.
Was literally just thinking of writing something like this … agree 100% :)

Thisistheone

Gutter gutter press.
Agree completely.

He's quickly become one of my favourite players in this squad. Really enjoy watching him.

Robbie Boy

Gutter gutter press.
Yeah any of these papers such as The Mirror are absolute rags. How is this even news?

My take on it would be different than yours, though: To me, it appears that the angle they are going for is more along the lines of 'oh look, a footballer isn't driving around in a £70,000 personalised Range Rover' - haha lolz, what kind of a modern day footballer is he'.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Any news on him? Can he make it back for any of our games this week? Asking for a friend who is a big fan of his, and also has him in his fantasy team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Any news on him? Can he make it back for any of our games this week? Asking for a friend who is a big fan of his, and also has him in his fantasy team.
Unlikely, LvG would have probably played him for the reserves tonight if he had been.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Unlikely, LvG would have probably played him for the reserves tonight if he had been.
You think? I would guess if he was anywhere near ready for a starting spot on Wednesday he wouldn't have been involved for the reserves tonight. And it looks as though he's been training?

Oh well. I think he's our best left back option without Shaw involved, so a bit of a blow as far as I'm concerned that he's not available.

Bwuk

Was there not a story about Chris Smalling rocking up to his first day at training with United in a £500 Corsa?

Silverman

Any worries of him looking to leave if he doesn't get games when Shaw is back. Hopefully not as him and Shaw would have the LB position sorted for years.

Bwuk

Any worries of him looking to leave if he doesn't get games when Shaw is back. Hopefully not as him and Shaw would have the LB position sorted for years.
both will be needed. Shaw was injured a lot in his first year here, perhaps that'll be a consistent. Who knows, CBJ may overtake him.

Silverman

both will be needed. Shaw was injured a lot in his first year here, perhaps that'll be a consistent. Who knows, CBJ may overtake him.
If Shaw is consistently fit the Borthwick-Jackson won't get a game because it's not like an attacker where ya can replace them in the second half. Ya don't do that with full-backs that are settled.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If Shaw is consistently fit the Borthwick-Jackson won't get a game because it's not like an attacker where ya can replace them in the second half. Ya don't do that with full-backs that are settled.
Players will be rested and CBJ will get his chance. There's a gap between the two but its not as big as lets say Maldini and Philip Neville. I fancy CBJ chances.

Feck you CBJ, I hope he doesn't do a John OShit on me

Silverman

Players will be rested and CBJ will get his chance. There's a gap between the two but its not as big as lets say Maldini and Philip Neville. I fancy CBJ chances.

Feck you CBJ, I hope you don't do a John OShit on me
He is a Manchester lad so hopefully he will be happy with his role next seaon whatever it is as him and Shaw are both quality full-backs that will have that position sorted for the years ahead.

devilish

He is a Manchester lad so hopefully he will be happy with his role next seaon whatever it is as him and Shaw are both quality full-backs that will have that position sorted for the years ahead.
I hope so. After John OShit I vowed not to get too excited about young defenders who shown promise and guess what, I was able to keep that promise with Smalling, Jones, Evans and the crocked twins. However I confess that Im finding it hard not to be carried away by CBJ. Doing that well, at that age, in a defense which is so shit is something that demands respect.

Last edited:

hubbuh

I hope so. After John OShit I vowed not to get too excited about young defenders who shown promise and guess what, I was able to keep that promise with Smalling, Jones, Evans and the crocked twins. However I confess that Im finding it hard not to be carried away by CBJ. Doing that well, at that age, in a defense which is so shit is something that demands respect.
I don't comment loads and loads so maybe its a running joke I've missed that you insult our ex players whenever possible but good god man it's fecking tedious.

devilish

I don't comment loads and loads so maybe its a running joke I've missed that you insult our ex players whenever possible but good god man it's fecking tedious.
But its not meant as an insult. That's exactly what I said whenever he played with us (after his first season)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
we don't know if Shaw will be half the player when he comes back, so its a premature conversation. But lets agree that CBJ has made the loss of Shaw more bearable.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I doubt we'll see much of CBJ now that Rojo is fit. A real shame as he looks twice the player the Argentine does.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I doubt we'll see much of CBJ now that Rojo is fit. A real shame as he looks twice the player the Argentine does.
Can only hope that's not the case, because CBJ and Shaw battling it out for left back for the next decade or so is a far more exciting proposition than Rojo stinking up our left side with after shave and brylcreem for years to come.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Can only hope that's not the case, because CBJ and Shaw battling it out for left back for the next decade or so is a far more exciting proposition than Rojo stinking up our left side with after shave and brylcreem for years to come.
Hopefully he'll get booted out the door with this useless manager mate.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep Rojo is dire and looks like he is here on a jolly. CBJ every day of the week for me over him.

JoaquinJoaquin

I feel for him as he has got injured at the worst time for him. His future will probably depend on who the new manager is, As much as I think we need Jose he isn't one that plays alot of younger players so CBJ may not get alot of opportunities under him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looking forward to this lad coming back. Should bring a bit more of a sense of calm to the defence than Rojo

HabeasC

Looking forward to this lad coming back. Should bring a bit more of a sense of calm to the defence than Rojo
Rojo is so poor both defensively and going forwards. He is an ok CB but is a terrible LB. Basically nullifies our attack that side. Will be good for Martial to have CBJ back and even better with a fully fit Shaw.

Devil may care

Rojo is so poor both defensively and going forwards. He is an ok CB but is a terrible LB. Basically nullifies our attack that side. Will be good for Martial to have CBJ back and even better with a fully fit Shaw.
If Blind's injury keeps him out of the Everton game we should see CBJ back in at LB with Rojo partnering Smalling.

Red_toad

Our best left back option after Shaw, very much looking forward to seeing him back in the team.

Crashoutcassius

I actually thought Rojo was very good for argentina before and after we bought him, he is okay on the ball but that was a very defensive outfit and he was excellent at sitting deep.

If Mourinho comes in we will likely be a very defensive and deep outfit and he might be the preferred left back in a flatter back four, I think we would see the best of him

Revan

Assumptionman
If Blind's injury keeps him out of the Everton game we should see CBJ back in at LB with Rojo partnering Smalling.
Knowing LVG, it is more likely that CBJ will play as CB and Rojo as LB. Because Foundations and some other shit.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I actually thought Rojo was very good for argentina before and after we bought him, he is okay on the ball but that was a very defensive outfit and he was excellent at sitting deep.

If Mourinho comes in we will likely be a very defensive and deep outfit and he might be the preferred left back in a flatter back four, I think we would see the best of him
He was good in the World Cup, at left wing back

Status
Not open for further replies.