Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Seems worryingly slow - and he keeps on gifting the ball to the opposition. What's that now? At least twice in his first three games. Is he trying to replicate Fred?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Worried about this. When he’s not starting games as well, 6 months can go by and you’re asking what he’s good for.

flameinthesun

As said before to the annoyance of many posters, he aint taking mct's spot any time soon. He also seems a tad bit slow....hopefully through the europa games he can get fit because at the moment he is way off it.

Marwood

What was his pre season with Madrid? Genuine question. Did he actually take part?

Replenish

Oh yea the almighty premier league. However did he win 5 CL?
And the evidence for that is that McTominay is starting?
That depends. What was your old account?
:lol: incredible stuff.
Speak for yourself. Replenish and I have never been wrong.
What are your thoughts about our other signings?
Why have I only just seen all these? :lol: :lol: Bloody hell.:lol:
Confirmation bias

Maybe the Dunning-Kruger effect
Like who? Can you prove it? How many you predicted given you joined here in July 2022?
I’m praying you’re actually a parody account. Surely nobody could be this arrogant and delusional? You’re like our own Simon Jordan hahaha

I would chuckle if this got a like at your expense, seeing how it’s not a high quality post like you provide! Haha
Well if you are making this statement 3 or 4 games after someone has signed then I would imagine you are wrong quite often but just use small snippets to act in a self congratulatory way.
You should be a scout.
Do you have a proof for all that?
The feck would any United fan be in two minds :lol:

You’d want him to succeed, who gives a monkies toss about being proven right on a fecking online forum? :houllier:
You are serious! I thought last posts you were parodying!
You said you think Ruben Neves is better than Frenkie De Jong, perhaps might want to take longer making your judgements if that's the shite you're coming up with.
I'm not a big fan of Replenish, far from it, but wish him luck.
I'll let you all off as you've only seen him play one full game for us at this point, but come back to me in a couple of months and you'll have realised my prediction was completely accurate. He's finished at this level and we are in big trouble if we plan on making him our first choice DM.

Hammondo

I get the idea not many people have watched Casemiro before. This is not a good performance from him, but its not an odd one or particularly bad.

kundalini

His shots and header were reasonable attempts. Passing was erratic. Defensive play fluctuated from impressive to alarming.

acnumber9

I'll let you all off as you've only seen him play one full game for us at this point, but come back to me in a couple of months and you'll have realised my prediction was completely accurate. He's finished at this level and we are in big trouble if we plan on making him our first choice DM.
You won’t last long.

Eddy_JukeZ

You can't have him as the deepest midfielder during build-up phases.

Modric/Kroos were always routinely deeper than him.

El Jefe

In every game so far he's done stuff that makes you think, wow what a player we have but it's equally followed by extremely poor bits of play.

I guess he's still getting used to us and lacking some sharpness. Never seen him dribbled past as much as he has in the two weeks he's been here.

Sylar

In every game so far he's done stuff that makes you think, wow what a player we have but it's equally followed by extremely poor bits of play.

I guess he's still getting used to us and lacking some sharpness. Never seen him dribbled past as much as he has in the two weeks he's been here.
Like varane last season

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Eriksen could fill that role nicely.

We might also try again for de Jong so that could work as well.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Love you mate

mu4c_20le

A lot of people called it when he signed, both rival fans and even some of our own. Obviously, most of us still hope we can see some class shine through. What other predictions have you made? Maguire overpriced when we signed him?

Rossa

As said before to the annoyance of many posters, he aint taking mct's spot any time soon. He also seems a tad bit slow....hopefully through the europa games he can get fit because at the moment he is way off it.
Sørloth is pretty fast though, so him losing that foot race was to be expected. Rather give Fred kudos for the work he put in alone against him and another attacker.

Casemiro’s passing is, however, terrible atm. Hope he can get his act together quickly as he he is a world class player.

Bwuk

He’ll be fine when he’s fitter and sharper.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If you judge Casemiro by his passes you are going to be disappointed. In fact, the less he touches the ball the better.
There may be times when he tries to take the initiative, perhaps due to the lack of a creator and he will fail because although he is not disastrous, it is not his task.
In recent seasons he didn't reach his best form until january/february.
This year with the World Cup it is difficult to know.

Gottabekiddingme

I get the idea not many people have watched Casemiro before. This is not a good performance from him, but its not an odd one or particularly bad.
It's so funny seeing people thinking United got prime Xavi. Casemiro is a bulldog. Not quick on his feet or a misplaced pass here and there isn't that surprising.

And yes, lest season he bossed vs Chelsea away when Real Madrid set behind & had a disasterclass in the Bernabeu with Real Madrid trailing 3-0 when he was subbed off. It happens.

Skills

Snitch

Yeah Modric especially helped him out a lot. He, alongside all of our other midfielders is just not comfortable on the turn.

cletus7

So if we bench Casemiro and we bench Ronaldo, I’m pretty sure we’ll have set a record for the best paid bench the world has ever seen. Our bench will take home more money than the entire opposition in most games. Waste like that is criminal!

OrcaFat

He made a few mistakes but I thought he was pretty good. He certainly looked like he will be very good when he’s settled and match fit. I don’t know if the stats will bear it out but he seemed to get on the ball and pass it forward a lot more than McT generally does.

McT is doing okay at the moment but I don’t think he can keep Casemiro out of the team indefinitely; he’s just not good enough to do that.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Nah you're good mate you won't be promoted to post enough shit takes anyways

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
If you judge Casemiro by his passes you are going to be disappointed. In fact, the less he touches the ball the better.
There may be times when he tries to take the initiative, perhaps due to the lack of a creator and he will fail because although he is not disastrous, it is not his task.
In recent seasons he didn't reach his best form until january/february.
This year with the World Cup it is difficult to know.
I tried to explain that but I guess I didn't have enough credibility as I'm not a Real fan (altough I watch most games). Casemiro can have dry spells lasting weeks when he'll look that he can barely control the ball properly, and in his last 2 season he did have a slow start each time (VERY slow start last season, he was terrible). But he raised to the occasion when it mattered so lets hope for United he does that even if it's hard to know since there's the WC + no champion's league to put him in killer mode. When he decides to go for it, go forward on every play on defense AND offense he looks like such a force.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Omg u so smart and wise.

Plonker.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Let's be fair he was miles off it but he gets a good few months before we should be making a proper call on him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I tried to explain that but I guess I didn't have enough credibility as I'm not a Real fan (altough I watch most games). Casemiro can have dry spells lasting weeks when he'll look that he can barely control the ball properly, and in his last 2 season he did have a slow start each time (VERY slow start last season, he was terrible). But he raised to the occasion when it mattered so lets hope for United he does that even if it's hard to know since there's the WC + no champion's league to put him in killer mode. When he decides to go for it, go forward on every play on defense AND offense he looks like such a force.
Yes, you have defined it well.
He can exasperate in his bad weeks but then he knows how to do it well in the important moments.
I think that coming from such a winning midfield has created a misconception.
I think he's also trying to impress. For example, the shots he made today (which were good), I think he would not do it in Madrid, where he would adopt another profile, and I think that little by little when he settles down he will return to the profile of a player who is not in the spotlight but is reliable

FatTails

Your prediction?Who they feck are you? No one cares about your insane prediction. Go get the attention you crave elsewhere.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I wouldn’t worry too much about his pace across the ground. I am very worried about how slow he was on the turn. He was getting absolutely rinsed by any Real player who who used even a basic trick or skill to get away from him. Which is kind of a disaster for the position he plays. That back heel nutmeg was an absolute humiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.