4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
He's reminding me of his first few games when he first signed. Then he was pretty much our most important player until the suspensions late in the season. I think he'll find his groove again after international break.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He's reminding me of his first few games when he first signed. Then he was pretty much our most important player until the suspensions late in the season. I think he'll find his groove again after international break.
That's also true, as I mentionned several time he did hit really rough match at Real Madrid as well. I mean "not being able to do a single pass right" kind of rough patch, and then he bounced back. Will he be able to do so as he's aging I have no idea but it's far from being impossible.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Watching clips of him on Saturday again on Monday night football. Was even worse than I remembered live. So far off the pace.

The 'dribbled past' stats on him and Bruno in the first two games are terrible.

Blood Mage

Midfielders in their 30s can decline very quickly and suddenly as we also saw with Fabinho. We should have been proactive and looked for a long-term replacement.

Red Rash

What should we make of this?

It doesn't look good of course but the fact that it shows "selected midfielders" you automatically know it's a BS list. Also I would add the fact that Casemiro has been put in there as an almost one man midfield doesn't help.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
It doesn't look good of course but the fact that it shows "selected midfielders" you automatically know it's a BS list. Also I would add the fact that Casemiro has been put in there as an almost one man midfield doesn't help.
What about the rest of our midfielders in the list

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Midfielders in their 30s can decline very quickly and suddenly as we also saw with Fabinho. We should have been proactive and looked for a long-term replacement.
Shouldn't have been signed in the first place. This is a position you need to recruit in the early 20s. It's a long term position.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What should we make of this?

Nothing. Casemiro's defensive stats look like this:

He gets dribbled past so many times because he challenges so many dribblers. That 3.80 dribblers challenged number will almost certainly be a lot lower for all other names on that list.

For comparison I checked a couple of other names on the list:
Casemiro: dribblers challenged: 3.80, dribblers tackled: 1.70.
Rodri: dribblers challenged: 1.64, dribblers tackled 0.90.
Rice: dribblers challenged:1.33, dribblers tackled: 0.79.

So basically, Casemiro successfully tackles more dribblers than those other players even try to.

The Gatekeeper

Supports
Southend United

So basically, Casemiro successfully tackles more dribblers than those other players even try to.
And he gets dribbled past at a far higher percentage than at least both Rodri and Rice?

Leethal

And he gets dribbled past at a far higher percentage than at least both Rodri and Rice?
If you attempt more, obviously that will be the case as it's likely a truer reflection. If less are attempted, there is much higher variance due to relative sample size.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Nothing. Casemiro's defensive stats look like this:

He gets dribbled past so many times because he challenges so many dribblers. That 3.80 dribblers challenged number will almost certainly be a lot lower for all other names on that list.

While your theory is probably true over one full season (the last), it's pretty obvious that so far this season, he didn't get dribbled past only because he challenged more. He was late most of the time. But as I've said, it's not the 1st time it happened and he had a terrible start with Real Madrid when Ancelotti came back and got far much better a couple of weeks later.

m1tch

Does anyone think someone like Casemiro picks up on any of the mass media analysis that's basically saying he's a chump?

In some respect I'd hope so, as I'd imagine it would sting someone who's achieved what he has, but I doubt as a multi-millionaire in a foreign country he probably lives in a bubble like they all do.

I guess it's the managers job to motivate better performances anyway, as the media are so often ill-informed regardless of how impressive their stats and touch screens look to Joe public.

RedorDead21

Does anyone think someone like Casemiro picks up on any of the mass media analysis that's basically saying he's a chump?

In some respect I'd hope so, as I'd imagine it would sting someone who's achieved what he has, but I doubt as a multi-millionaire in a foreign country he probably lives in a bubble like they all do.

I guess it's the managers job to motivate better performances anyway, as the media are so often ill-informed regardless of how impressive their stats and touch screens look to Joe public.
He’s pretty much alone in the Centre of the pitch or with a clueless unproven CM midfielder next to him. He’s not 28 anymore so it was up for us to ensure he had a system or at least partner with this in mind. We haven’t and it looks like he’s really poor when infact he’s still a great DM and this will be proven again once we sort it out.

ShinjiNinja26

It’s far too early to label him as “finished” ffs, he may just be a slow starter. Remember last season McTominay started ahead of him as it took him a few weeks to get up to speed, after that he was one of our best players last season. Yes, he’s had a poor start but so has the whole team bar Onana, doesn’t help he’s literally left by himself to do all the defensive work in the middle of the park getting zero assistance from Bruno or Mount.

poleglass red

It’s far too early to label him as “finished” ffs, he may just be a slow starter. Remember last season McTominay started ahead of him as it took him a few weeks to get up to speed, after that he was one of our best players last season. Yes, he’s had a poor start but so has the whole team bar Onana, doesn’t help he’s literally left by himself to do all the defensive work in the middle of the park getting zero assistance from Bruno or Mount.
That is true, but he finished the season very poorly as well. To me he doesn't look fit, I know people joked last season about his face looking chubby, but his body was definitely in great shape, but so far this season, he definitely is carrying a bit of weight. Our tactics this season so far, are highlighting his weaknesses, ie the inability to get back and track runners. He is pushing forward so much that when we lose the ball he is often the furthest midfielder forward. That is crazy when he is supposed to be our defensive mid. He will get better, last season showed that, but he needs help big time.

lex talionis

We need his performance level to go from a 6 to a 7, nothing more.

The players who really need to raise their game are our front line players, Antony especially. Then Bruno. Had Rashford and then Bruno finished on their sitters we would have staggered Spurs and their scumbag supporters who three paper airplanes onto the pitch and taken three points back to OT with us.

Chance finishing, mates.

Man Utd 3:2 Nottingham Forest

Idxomer

I'm a bit hopeful here but feels like those 60 minutes of the 2nd half might've gotten him back in form.

Bobski

He did well in his all round game, but it feels like he has dropped off as pure defensive midfielder, his lack of mobility is s serious problem in this set up.

city-puma

Relying on Case as playmaker is so depressing!
Nightmare transfer window!

Oranges038

Starys too far forward at times.

Took his goal well.

A bit ropey at times when expected to cover ground, but otherwise not a bad game from him. Certainly better than last week.

RuudTom83

He played well today...but I do wonder who is going to play when Casemiro needs a rest. There is zero cover for him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Better still not the monster we know. But signs that he is coming good.

dubplate warrior

I think a system with this many turnovers isn't great for Casemiro at this stage in his career. He's being dealt a raw hand.

mu4c_20le

If we were a well run club, we'd have been looking at Saudi solutions over the summer.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Casemiro is a notoriously slow starter to the season. This goes back to his Madrid days. Numerous articles on it. People need to stay calm. His legs aren’t gone at all. Should’ve had a brace today.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not great again imo. That ridiculous slide he tried on Elanga near the end really fecked me off, he missed by miles and let them in too easy and at a bad time in the game.

Feel like we need a lot more from him, a definite concern at the moment for me, one of my biggest worries but hopefully it’ll pick up as it did last season.

ForeverRed1

Hopefully him getting this game time brings him upto match fitness and speed. He always takes a while to warm up.

Rossa

Brilliant todsy and looked much sharper. Can people please stop saying when a player had a poor game he is finished after 28? It’s physically incorrect. If you are fit, you probably reach your physical prime at 28-30, then a gradusl decrease, but it’s not a cliff.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Brilliant todsy and looked much sharper. Can people please stop saying when a player had a poor game he is finished after 28? It’s physically incorrect. If you are fit, you probably reach your physical prime at 28-30, then a gradusl decrease, but it’s not a cliff.
He was better in 2nd half but his fitness at the moment is at shocking level

Rossa

He was better in 2nd half but his fitness at the moment is at shocking level
Is it? Why? He had a few runs today where he looked at his usual self, and his workrate seems plenty good enough. Him not being sble to keep up with Elanga surely isn’t a surprise? Don’t think we have a player in the squad capable of that.

jem

Much better in the second half. It's insane that we don't have viable cover for him though. You'd think that we'd have learned after his red cards last season (and the fact that he's getting on.)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Seems like he loves going forward a bit and he just can't do defensively alone. Getting similar player to FdJ, who's a creative volume passer and also good defensively, is the perfect solution as Case partner.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Casemiro is a notoriously slow starter to the season. This goes back to his Madrid days. Numerous articles on it. People need to stay calm. His legs aren’t gone at all. Should’ve had a brace today.
It was the same last season with us. I'm not worried at all. I have no doubt he's still a brilliant player.

Gordon S

Yikes! Some moments showing class and then a couple of headscratcher moments. That slide challenge on Elanga was probably so late and visible from distance even i could have escaped with the ball going forward. Just terrible decision making from a player that is supposed to be that experienced and composed head in our midfield. He gave the ball away so cheaply another time my head started spinning. No one close to him, no pressure, just a straight side footer to a Forest player, in the middle of the pitch when most of his mates were pushing forward. He needs to find form and consistency soon