g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Casemiro image 18

Casemiro Brazil flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

philippexyz

As long as Ten Had does not insist on possession, but rather playing on the counter - Casemiro has a lot of the tool, both as a ball winner and his sometimes brilliant forward passes. If we want to be better at keeping possession, Casemiro will fall short. He struggles in small spaces and has too many ball losses to play DM in a possession based side.
Yeah, he's probably not a DM for a possession based style. That was the main difference between him and Busquets at Barca. I still think Casemiro is a brilliant player, one of the best midfielders to ever wear our shirt and of the best DMs in the history of the game in general.

OverratedOpinion

If Amrabat is going to start a lot of games I wonder if we will see Casemiro score even more goals.

Erics_Collar

At least we got half a season out of him.

Likeable fellow, but time to take him round back and hit him over the head with a shovel.

Bobski

Amrabat will have to be a direct replacement with how he is moving. Aged 5 years in months.

Not even joking, he is a problem right now.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's nice seeing people say what was obvious before he even joined us.

Better late than never, eh? Awful, short-sighted signing. And no, he wasn't good last season either. He had way more stinkers than, at best, acceptable games.

avgp_1

Probably worst player for us today, atleast among the starters. Pedestrian in that second half

BarryWinks

Hope he improves his performances as the seasons wears on. We should be assessing our options though so that if the Saudi's come in next summer we aren't caught in a situation where we are scrambling for his replacement.

Can't see him lasting too long on this league. He was struggling to keep up at times today.

Roboc7

Watching him run is painful, legs were always going to go but fact it’s happening so quickly is bit of a nightmare. He was an incredibly indulgent signing, I doubt even Woodward would have agreed to it.

marktan

Legs are slowing down a bit because like Varane he's had so much mileage for Real. That was my only worry about the fee as otherwise I was always a big fan of his.

That said though hes still useful for all the positions he takes up. Hopefully he can prolong his full physical decline for a few years yet.

Barthez

Watching him run is painful, legs were always going to go but fact it’s happening so quickly is bit of a nightmare. He was an incredibly indulgent signing, I doubt even Woodward would have agreed to it.
Amazing how quick opinions change. A few months back he was irreplaceable

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very good game as far as I’m concerned, and I’m not seeing this finished player that everyone else is. Class player.

Roboc7

Amazing how quick opinions change. A few months back he was irreplaceable
Then his legs went last season, since then he hasn’t been. Opinions change because players change, especially in their thirties.
Anyone thinking we were getting 3 or 4 really good seasons out of him was living in a dream world.

Piskin

Sell to Saudi in the next window if they come in with big money, he was only a stop-gap signing anyways. Legs are gone.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Chasing shadows for the whole game. Very worrying.

avgp_1

Very good game as far as I’m concerned, and I’m not seeing this finished player that everyone else is. Class player.
Need to re-watch that second half then, any decent play from Arsenal involved someone just ghosting past him as he was a second late to everything

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought he was quietly poor. Got bypassed constantly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Need to re-watch that second half then, any decent play from Arsenal involved someone just ghosting past him as he was a second late to everything
People are getting carried away. I saw him win the ball plenty.

Acole9

Outstanding
He really looks off the pace. He couldn't keep up with some of their players.

PoTMS

It looked like his feet was stuck in cememt. If last season was all we got out of £60m, we've been absolutely robbed again.

Abraxas

Struggling.

I think we need to bring Amrabat in and clog things up for a bit. Get some more presence in there. Bring on Eriksen late.

Christ, if he carries on like this he might be the one getting replaced by Amrabat!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He was poor, but never felt super threatened by Arsenal either.

Felt the overall midfield structure was better, but Casemiro didn't seem up for the fight today.

Idxomer

His defensive game has been terrible which is a big worry because that was the one thing you can rely on him for.

redNATION

It looked like his feet was stuck in cememt. If last season was all we got out of £60m, we've been absolutely robbed again.
Of course we’ve been robbed but the clowns who run the club can’t see it, Real don’t sell their best players in their prime and keep them if they know they can still get something out of them (Kroos). They probably couldn’t believe they got a huge offer from us, and used that to rebuild their midfield for a decade.

Roboc7

Of course we’ve been robbed but the clowns who run the club can’t see it, Real don’t sell their best players in their prime and keep them if they know they can still get something out of them (Kroos). They probably couldn’t believe they got a huge offer from us, and used that to rebuild their midfield for a decade.
It was a desperate signing. As soon as we bought him you effectively needed to start thinking about replacing him but we don’t have the funds or expertise to do that.

He is so slow off the mark it’s causing huge problems and not much you can do about it. Hopefully we have sense to sell him to Saudi Arabia next summer even if his form improves.

avgp_1

People are getting carried away. I saw him win the ball plenty.
0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 blocks and 3 recoveries in that second half. That plenty for you?
Eriksen has betters numbers than him in that half of football

led_scholes

It's nice seeing people say what was obvious before he even joined us.

Better late than never, eh? Awful, short-sighted signing. And no, he wasn't good last season either. He had way more stinkers than, at best, acceptable games.
What? He was among the top 3 players for us last year.

BristolRuss

He was dreadful at the start of last season as well. Maybe it just takes him a while to get up to fitness? :nervous:

BuzzKillington

If we can get new owners in place I’d throw the kitchen sink at Fulham for Palhinha in January. I love Case, but even if this is just a temporary blip, he’s going to need replacing in the next 18 months anyway.

Bobski

He was dreadful at the start of last season as well. Maybe it just takes him a while to get up to fitness? :nervous:
Hopefully, he passed the ball reasonably well today, lots of interplay with the CB's and Onana, and none of the erratic ones that he sometimes throws in. Nice for the offside as well, problem is any time he gets isolated defensively he looks in trouble.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
His general play been poor since around last Feb bar chipping in with a few goals(which have tended to be big goals tbf to him).