View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Roboc7

He’s nowhere near good enough but is one of our better players so could easily see out his contract. Was ok until he had to cover space and his legs have gone so that never works out well, also lacks quality on the ball too often.

aeh1991

There were a few very good moments, but then he also made some really sloppy passes (or moments like when he headed the ball to Haaland, which could habe been a big chance for City).

TempusFugit

I still maintain that he'll look better in a system here he doesn't have to run like a 25yr old workhorse CM. The truth is that the system Ten Hag employs doesn't suit these players. Casemiro is still a good passer and can still win duels in midfield cleanly.

Take a look at Rodri for example, do any of you think he's much quicker than Casemiro? Sure he's more polished on the ball but the difference is that Pep's system ensures they keep the ball so Rodri isn't always trying to catch players who are obviously much quicker than him. If we had Rodri and City had Casemiro i bet we'd be singing a different tune. Casemiro is clearly slowing down but he can still do a job under a competent manager.

Man Utd 2:0 Everton New

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Let's not go the short term option ever again when we eventually have to replace him. We're a bit lucky we have Mainoo so we don't have to get ourselves 2 centre midfielders in the next two summer windows. Also, I'd like a guy who is more press resistant and a better passer than Casemiro is.

edgecutter

He looks done at this level. Always thought this would happen when spending 60 million for someone in their 30s.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Better second half but some of his passing was shocking. Was playing drunk it seems.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Today Casemiro's use of the ball was among Everton's most dangerous weapons. He was utterly abysmal. We will be looking at another 7-0 if he concedes that many turnovers against Klopp's pressing monsters. One of the most experienced, most highly paid players on earth and that is what we get? F-k me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Let's not go the short term option ever again when we eventually have to replace him. We're a bit lucky we have Mainoo so we don't have to get ourselves 2 centre midfielders in the next two summer windows. Also, I'd like a guy who is more press resistant and a better passer than Casemiro is.
Realistically we still need 2 of them because Mainoo is still very young and the other options are non existent.

Malone_Post

He’s utter shite. Cannot wait to see the back of him.

A terrible short term signing who has turned into everything we feared he would.

Djemba-Djemba

Opening half hour in particular was as bad as any Utd performance ever.

He genuinely looked like he drunk, just spraying the ball everywhere. No care whatsoever.

Improved after that but still not good. Definitely needs to be moved on in the summer.

mancsarered

He's a bottom half CDM on current form.

New rule: if Madrid is selling, don't buy.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I still maintain that he'll look better in a system here he doesn't have to run like a 25yr old workhorse CM. The truth is that the system Ten Hag employs doesn't suit these players. Casemiro is still a good passer and can still win duels in midfield cleanly.
So why did we buy him? Buying players who don't fit the coaching system is the exact thing wrong with the club.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Possibly suffering from the stop start nature of this season for him. I don’t think he’s finished just yet, needs to pick up form soon though.

youngrell

I’ve no idea why the coaches have him collecting the ball from the defenders instead of Mainoo. We don’t want him too high of course, because his recovery speed is laughable, but feel like we would build up so much better if they reversed their positions when Onana has the ball.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Short term options are fine as long as they are either cheap (both in transfer fee and wage) or they are the final piece of the puzzle.

Casemiro doesn't fit either of those categories unfortunately.

Mickson

Possibly suffering from the stop start nature of this season for him. I don’t think he’s finished just yet, needs to pick up form soon though.
This is so funny. I wonder why De Bruyne, Silva, Salah etc don't get this "out of form" epithet.

Sylar

Matic vibes. Big money, got about half a great season from him, then see him suffering the majority of the game but does one or two good things.

That seems a good rule tbh. They rarely sell a player in his prime
We have a hilarious record getting players from Madrid, munich and Dortmund.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think his performances this season are anything to do with him not being in his prime. But rather he's making an absolute mess of simple regulation passes and is failing at the basics of the game. It seems as if he's trying to get the manager the sack.

Last edited:

Dion

We've still got £45m in wages left to pay him before his contract ends, plus any signing fees paid in instalments, not to mention £35m of amortised transfer fee left to get off the books. That's £80m+ worth of balance sheet obligations before the end of the 25-26 season. We really need to hope the Saudi's come in and save us here.

georgipep

I don't think his performances this season are anything to do with him not being in his prime. But rather he's making an absolute mess of simple regulation passes and is failing at the basics of the game. It seems as if he's trying to get the manager the sack.
Very serious accusation. I don't believe the manager would play him if there was even a hint of that.

Ekeke

His passing in the first half from deep positions especially was criminal and could easily have cost us on another day.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Very serious accusation. I don't believe the manager would play him if there was even a hint of that.
The way he's playing it 'seems' he's trying to get the manager sacked. I'm also not sure why he keeps playing him instead of Amrabat because the amount of basic passing errors Casemiro is making one would presume Amrabat would be given a chance. But Amrabat imo is being unfairly judged when games have already been lost but Casemiro seems to be a cause of dysfunction consistently at the base of the midfield this season, and for all the goals he has scored to 'save us' we likely wouldn't need saving if he had done his job in midfield in the first place.

If one wasn't to know, one would be mistaken to to think that ten Hag was showing favouritism towards Casemiro rather than give Amrabat a fair chance in midfield who is without a doubt a better player in the build up phase on the ball.

Wisqo

His performance levels have dropped significantly since last season. He's much slower, his reaction times poor and his passing is concerning. He's past his best, unfortunately.

He also doesn't seem to have the same passion he had last season. I wouldn't blame him, many had us as top 3 before the first game of the season. It's just another case of wasted talent at the club.