Casemiro (Out)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Manchester United does not work. It is evident, as demonstrated by being outside the Champions and any other European competition and also far from head in the Premier League. Many players are already looking for a destination and some of those who have been their references have decided change of air or at least study the market and see what it offers.

One of the most striking cases is that of Casemiro, that I have received one important offer of Saudi football and that you are thinking about the possibility of change of air.

As with all the proposals of the Arab country championship, it comes accompanied by a lot of money, but also has the desire of United to completely turn the template, which could start with a coach change.

The Casemiro case it is striking, since the Brazilian was the star signing from last campaign, and although his contribution this season has decreased, mainly because of injuries, his poster is still important among United fans. The midfielder came to Old Trafford in the summer of 2022 in exchange for an amount that, with the variables, could reach the 70 million euros. Although now the leaders of the English team are looking recover part of that investment, your quote will not reach that amount of money.

The offer made to Casemiro It enters squarely in which the second great wave of Saudi football is presumed to continue with the arrival of stars who are active in European football. On this occasion, the Arab League it seems that you have found in the Manchester United a great ally in fattening the payroll of great players. Jadon Sancho is another of those that could appear for Saudi football from January 1.
The article

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Get Neves or someone with the money. If it doesn’t work out we keep trying. He’s the best gettable midfield prospect at the moment. That guarantees us nothing but we should at least be able to get a decent fee for younger players later on if they don’t work out. We got lucky Saudi have a bottomless pit for big names.

i do think we should keep Casemiro and Varane until the end of the season unless we have replacements that are gettable in January.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I do hope that it is BS. He is our best midfielder, ffs.
But it would be so United. Selling proven winners like Casemiro and Varane while keeping players with weak mentality (and quality).

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Only if we get a quality replacement. Which we wont so there's no point selling him in Jan.

Oranges038

Get Neves or someone with the money. If it doesn’t work out we keep trying. He’s the best gettable midfield prospect at the moment. That guarantees us nothing but we should at least be able to get a decent fee for younger players later on if they don’t work out. We got lucky Saudi have a bottomless pit for big names.

i do think we should keep Casemiro and Varane until the end of the season unless we have replacements that are gettable in January.
Yeah, It does make sense to let them go if there are players to replace them available. If that's the case get the wages off the books and give the new signings the 6 months to bed in for next season.

We're probably going to see them leave only for another late scramble to get a couple of loan deals done before deadline day.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah, It does make sense to let them go if there are players to replace them available. If that's the case get the wages off the books and give the new signings the 6 months to bed in for next season.

We're probably going to see them leave only for another late scramble to get a couple of loan deals done before deadline day.
Makes sense selling our two only players who are serial winners and who are probably our best defender and our best midfielder?

foolsgold

At this point, FFP requirements probably make us lean towards the sale, we over paid for him and if we can clear the remaining book value and take his wages off the books for the next 3 years we should.

He's an excellent player in the right system, but I'm not sure that he's the right profile for EtH long term.

LDUred

He's an asset if used wisely but he needs legs alongside him.

A central midfield with Casemiro and Mainoo in it plus A.N. Other could potentially be very good. Maybe you could put Amrabat as a screen and then Casemiro in a freer role and Mainoo as well.

I know that Amrabat has been underwhelming so far but giving him a little more stability in there might see an improvement. I'm sure that long term someone like Gore might well come in and take up that role.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Stings in the short term but I am an advocate of getting rid of the ridiculously high earners. Casemiro was a defacto panic buy that worked out last season but his legs have gone, we need to sell high now or be stuck with that wage for another 3 years.

peridigm

Can't say will be sad to see him go. Decent player but we didn't see anything like his best days. I hope the offer is big for us too though, shouldn't just give him away.
If we can get a decent fee for him it would be stupid to not sell him.

United888

He’s important player for us and was important last season so I will keep him, but if they actually offer £55m fees then we should sell because he’s already 31 (going to be 32 in February) and we can easily use that cash to find his replacement (after INEOS came)

Ágætis Byrjun

He has that thing of ''needing 4-5 games to come into form'' and then gets suspended or injured and then again ''needs 4-5 games''. He ''needs 4-5 games'' at the start of a new season too. A well run club would have sold him to Bayern when they were naive enough to show some interest, which we are pretty far from.

Oranges038

Makes sense selling our two only players who are serial winners and who are probably our best defender and our best midfielder?
They aren't really, if younger more reliably fit players are available and attainable, then they can piss off. Plus they're on about 600k a week combined.

Scottynaldinho

There is no point in selling him as we'll be short in that area next season with McTominay being shit, Eriksen with an even older body and Armabat having no clue.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
There is no point in selling him as we'll be short in that area next season with McTominay being shit, Eriksen with an even older body and Armabat having no clue.
I think the idea would be to buy an upgrade should he go, that's generally what happens.

Scottynaldinho

I think the idea would be to buy an upgrade should he go, that's generally what happens.
I fear that we're not an attractive proposition for top players anymore. At best we'd someone similar just at the end of his peak.

Casemiro is already settled in England and might give us 2 or 3 good seasons if managed properly.

Tarrou

But not better in what really matters…amassing points.

Chelsea, or us, missing sitters and thus having a low xG, is an interesting conversation, but what’s vastly more interesting is where each club is in the table. This is a race to the finish line, not a beauty contest.
missing sitters doesn’t impact xG

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I fear that we're not an attractive proposition for top players anymore. At best we'd someone similar just at the end of his peak.

Casemiro is already settled in England and might give us 2 or 3 good seasons if managed properly.
We don't need to look at the top players at the top teams.
Plenty of other players that will happily join United and be a better option then Casemiro currently is.
As good as he can be, he is a reliability in terms of availability.

Gordon Godot

We need to stop buying over 30 players. We need to be looking at younger players and less established, lower cost and possibly higher risk, its how we build a squad for the future.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I do hope that it is BS. He is our best midfielder, ffs.
But it would be so United. Selling proven winners like Casemiro and Varane while keeping players with weak mentality (and quality).
There’s a reason though - they’re the ones other teams bid for. Not like they’re queuing up for the likes of Martial and Lindelof.

suheilsworld

We can splash that Casemiro money on Palinha... He is that perfect destroyer sitting back and letting midfielders move around him. But if we cannot get a decent replacement, it makes absolutely no sense to sell Casemiro. I know his legs are gone but we are now only in 2 competitions which will give him enough time to rest and recuperate.

GreatDane

Stings in the short term but I am an advocate of getting rid of the ridiculously high earners. Casemiro was a defacto panic buy that worked out last season but his legs have gone, we need to sell high now or be stuck with that wage for another 3 years.
This is where I'm leaning as well. I really like him, but we need more agile, younger and more hungry players.
Casemiro is who you buy if he's the last piece of the puzzle, we shouldn't buy 30+ expensive players as stopgaps.

lex talionis

missing sitters doesn’t impact xG
Then I require an explanation of the relevance of "xG". If I'm three yards out in front of an open net with the nearest defender 20 yards behind me -- by any definition a "sitter" -- shouldn't the xG be something like 0.999?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Then I require an explanation of the relevance of "xG". If I'm three yards out in front of an open net with the nearest defender 20 yards behind me -- by any definition a "sitter" -- shouldn't the xG be something like 0.999?
Yeah, so you'd have a high xG and low goals scored. If you're xG is higher than your goals scored, that's the indicator your missing sitters, not the xG being low. xG being low would mean you're creating poor scoring chances or not enough at all.

Tarrou

If you miss the chance or not the xG is the same

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If you miss the chance or not the xG is the same
Only if the miss doesn't cause a rebound and a new attempt. If it does you get a higher xG (combined probability for the original shot + rebound but never above 1 since it's the same attack) than if there's no rebound.

Red00012

Wait until he comes back and plays a blinder just like Varane on Saturday. Half the posters will disappear just like Sunday .

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Wait until he comes back and plays a blinder just like Varane on Saturday. Half the posters will disappear just like Sunday .
And like Varane people shouldn't get excited about one game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I don't have strong opinions on Varane either way but what kind of barometer was Sunday? Backs against the wall can't and won't be our approach in almost all other games.

Tuanzebe looked like the dog's bollocks away vs PSG. Being a CB in a double decker is completely different to being a CB in an attack-minded formation.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Was class v Bayern too in fairness, as he was for 90% of last season.
Hardly “one game”.
He's always been overrated for me and injured far too often. Hopefully he backs it up with another good display on Saturday.

Should be sold if we can though like Casemiro.

Matt851

In the unlikely event we could recoup much of what we paid for him I would be flogging him. However, he does seem to be written off prematurely, he started the season badly but I can't imagine many midfielders would have coped with the level of work placed on them by ten hags laughably poor tactical plan let alone one who is getting on a bit

JagUTD

Why would we sell our best midfielder especially when we're not exactly flush with quality alternatives.

Stick him alongside Mainoo, who will provide the legs and watch him thrive. Out of principle we should refuse to deal with the Saudis as it might be tempting to get a big bag of cash today, but eventually that will lead to even stupider transfer fees for everyone.

Engage the Spam/Block number function on the club mobile.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Only if we get a quality replacement. Which we wont so there's no point selling him in Jan.
The offer might not be there in next Summer. And the cycle of "we should get rid of these high paid old always injured players, and get young hungry ones" would continue.

Also, we might left with unmotivated players if we block their "once in a lifetime, retirement" move.