Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nobody is interested in your shite analysis of what kind of a player he is Ballbag.
Yep. If City/Liverpool/Arsenal were signing him it'd be "genius player, will look great in any system, inspired signing by x". He's such an ABU cnut and doesn't even try to hide it.

Martinez4midfield

Supports
Ajax
The anti-ronaldo.

Wants to come, didn't care about champions league. Pay him whatever he wants. Need that kind of character here.

mav_9me

Florentino Perez to potential signings:" Have you heard about our retirement program? Manchester United, you will love it. Now sign that under market contract, United will have your back in 10 years. "
Haha...too close to truth

Remember the geese

Personally Id be gutted if we splash £60mil on a 30year old defensive mid. But the clubs in such a state and we are desperate. Thats the word for UTD at the moment - fecking desperate for anything, no patience from the fans either, 2 years from now we'll be complaning cos no one will take casimero off our hands as we are paying him £300k per week. If he was any fecking good RM wouldnt be selling him!!!!!!! That is the bottom line isnt it - it he was that good he wouldnt be getting sold. Pants down gentlemen - time to get buggered again. Angel Di Maria, Varane and now Casimero.
Yeah I wish we weren't signing a World Class DM. Am I doing this right?

SATA

Finally some tough lads in our team who are always up to do some shithousery to the opponents. Malacia, Martinez and now Casemiro. I’m hoping Jamie Vardy joins us and complete the set in every department

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Very good player. But strange move to make a big investment in a CM who will be 31 before the end of the season, but I suppose long term concerns go out the window when your desperate
Sometimes, you need to regain respectability before you get to choose who to buy. If Casemiro, Varane and the likes get us back to not losing games by 4 goals and maybe get us back in the champions league over the next two seasons, we can build on that and be more selective in recruitment as we become attractive again.

Reactions: Fortitude

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Anyone saying that 30 is too old is overlooking the fact that if we don't get someone decent in that position right now, we will be up the proverbial creek. We aren't buying him for the future, we need him immediately.

Esquire

My analogy is perfectly fine. I can take another job JUST for the money. Why does that mean I automatically will suck at my new job?

Also players want new challenges all the time. He’s spent his career there and won it all. Isn’t it possible he wants to try something else? Of course it is. Never said likely, the money is 100% a huge factor, but never rule out everything else just because its easy and feeds into the negative character of this place/around the club.
Money is the only factor is this. But he is a serial winner and a defensive midfielder playing at the highest level. If we managed to sign him, that is.

marktan

I do have reservations because he is a bit old and we're overpaying, but I'll hope that he can extend his playing years for another 5 years or so like Modric or Fernandinho.

If he can stay fit and doesn't decline it would be a great signing because DM is my no.1 priority for the summer and he is / was the best there is in that position currently. Will help the rest of the team, especially the defense, tremendously.

It'll still be a struggle to get top 4 though. Our front line is still wank.

MiceOnMeth

They are none for their longevity as much as any other nation. I mean in the past 10-15 years we have Lucio, Ze Roberto, Dani Alves, Pepe, Miranda, Thiago Silva, Thiago Motta, Fernandinho and many others.
All defensive players which Casemiro is too so yeah this wouldn't bother me at all. He's obviously not a party animal like Ronaldinho or banging prostitutes like R9

Esquire

Sometimes, you need to regain respectability before you get to choose who to buy. If Casemiro, Varane and the likes get us back to not losing games by 4 goals and maybe get us back in the champions league over the next two seasons, we can build on that and be more selective in recruitment as we become attractive again.
This will be a big 2 to 3 year investment. No delusions we will be giving him a huge long term contract. But you know what? Given the pathetic state we are in, we have no choice but to over spend. So completely with you. We will probably pay a premium with all our other intended acquisitions with the additional mid, RB and forward. The leech Glazers being under such huge pressure know they have no choice but to spend.

Tiber

Anyone saying that 30 is too old is overlooking the fact that if we don't get someone decent in that position right now, we will be up the proverbial creek. We aren't buying him for the future, we need him immediately.
I think we are fecked either way to be honest. But I accept the point.

I just think we are run by people that will put off investing in the position for years to come if we invest now so its important to get it right. Look at Matic, he was past his best when we signed him and we were stuck with him until this summer

Scottynaldinho

"United feeling encouraged enough to give them a belief that a deal is possible". I thought the bid was in?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Previous signings in all the moulds imaginable have been shocking.
Yeah, people shitting on the last big contract players as if the first big contract players like Martial and sancho have torn it up here. If anything, the big name oldies who have come here have done what they did at their previous clubs. Ibrahimovic was brilliant for a year, and then tore his acl which at his age was a death sentence. Ronaldo scored goals but at 37, we knew what he couldn't do. Cavani had 1 very good year. We need to build from these good seasons, not go backwards from them. We failed every time after those players did their thing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fabinho too
You could rationalize Fabinho because he wasn't playing meaningful Football until joining Monaco. Eto'o was sold after performing at a high level in La Liga, at the end of that loan you don't sell the player if you have any sense. It's like Chelsea selling De Bruyne.

JustinC00

It's another Schweinsteiger in the making.
Schweinsteiger was passed it and only brought in because LVG wanted a MF that was available and familiar with his style. Casemiro just bossed liverpool around in a CL final 2 months ago.

Fosu-Mens

Still getting my head around this signing possibly being announced and people throwing up their hands in disappointment and/or anger.
Because similar transfers of players who comes purely for money has not panned out well in the past, assuming Casemiro is after his last big payday.
Or because he is not a player particularly suited to a possessionoriented system, nor the best passer or progressor of the ball.
Or because we get another high earner that would further limit our flexibility to make big changes in the future if Casemiro does not pan out.
Or because we will not get top 4 with our without Casemiro in the team regardless of how much an improvement on McFred he is.
Or because of his age and the dependence of physicallity for his role/position and his milage.

On the other hand, he would be a massive improvement on our current options. He would bring experience and hopefully teach our midfielders something.
Would indicate that we can still attract big players...

Short term, would be an improvement, but given that we are not challenging for anything anytime soon, deals like this postphone the complete revamp that the squad needs, regardless of owner or manager in charge.

Being positive or negative regarding this transfer is fans thinking short or longterm.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He's leaving a top team to join one that's massively off the pace. It's the money mate.

I think he's a top top player but these deals come with red flags. Di Maria and Sanchez were top players too. They came for the money and look how that went for us.

Let's hope if we get him it's different this time and he stays humble and grafts.
Although its mostly about money (last big pay cheque in his career), but there is something about playing in PL, a league where he is always tempted to play one day, that attracts him. It doesn't have to be us of course, but he already have enough success over his career, so I guess he doesn't mind joining a club which is not likely to win any trophy any time soon.

DSG

I'm certainly not saying that. He's a top player. I'm just playing devils advocate and wondering why he'd leave the current Spanish and CL champions to play in the Europa League.

It's a risky deal even though he's a good player.
I absolutely love Casemiro, he is nails, smart as hell and an amazing distributor. I’d give my left ballsac for him to join.

However….. this is not how you build a club or squad unless you simultaneously or in the next 2 windows buy a young understudy.

It’s just another symptom of the dysfunction at United. This has panic buy written all over it. If it keeps us in the conversation for top 4, great, but this is patching up a massive wound with plasters, not the overhaul we’d expect. What about RB? Striker?

reddev3

Yeah, because every other world class signing we've made recently has worked out splendidly.
I'm sick of seeing this, name one signing we have made recently that has worked out splendidly? Everyone is saying we should buy young proven players hungry to play, we bought Sancho and he's been crap. Buy young hungry players with a point to prove, we bought Amad/Pallistri they've been crap. Buy players that know the league, we bought Maguire and he's been crap. Buy the better players from lower teams, we bought Wan bissaka and he's been crap. Scout players and buy from other leagues, we bought Bruno and he was decent when he had about million pens to keep his confidence high but now he's crap and it doesn't end there, Dalot, shaw, Fred, martial, Lindelof, van de beek, James, Lukaku are all the kind of profile young hungry players people are saying we should snub this guy for, If we bought Caceido instead of Brighton he would probably be out on loan in another league right now and struggling. My point being, you can't say we shouldn't go for this type of player because it hasn't worked for us in the recent past becuase by that logic we wouldn't be able to sign any players. We have been so poorly ran the last 5+ years no type of transfer has worked. Now we have what looks like a competent attacking manager players like Casimero should be worth their weight in gold.

Also the people comparing this to a short term signing similar to Cavani and Ronaldo are way off the mark. Ronaldo and Cavani came at an age where Casimero would be at the end of his Utd contract, not the beginning. They were also attackers which massively favours the younger age over more defensively minded deeper players where you could argue they get better with age. If we got 3/4 years of him at his very best that is more than enough time to get us back to where we want to be and it would be worth it. I also reckon that would be the least you would get, I wouldn't be surprised to get another 2/3 years out of him after that for a total of 5/7 years of a top player in position us fans have literally been crying out for the past 5 years.

Milan let Pirlo go on a free when he was 32 as they thought he was going to be winding down and over the next 4 years he went on to have some of the best years of his career at Juventus which reignited their dominance. Looking at it they actually hadn't won Serie A since 2005/2006 and then Pirlo arrived in 2011 and they then won it all 4 years he was there.

Get him in!

Godfather

I'm sick of seeing this, name one signing we have made recently that has worked out splendidly? Everyone is saying we should buy young proven players hungry to play, we bought Sancho and he's been crap. Buy young hungry players with a point to prove, we bought Amad/Pallistri they've been crap. Buy players that know the league, we bought Maguire and he's been crap. Buy the better players from lower teams, we bought Wan bissaka and he's been crap. Scout players and buy from other leagues, we bought Bruno and he was decent when he had about million pens to keep his confidence high but now he's crap and it doesn't end there Dalot, shaw, Fred, martial, Lindelof, van de beek, James, Lukaku are all the kind of profile young hungry players people are saying we should snub this guy for, If we bought Caceido instead of Brighton he would probably be out on loan in another league right now and struggling. My point being you can't say we shouldn't go for this type of player because it hasn't worked for us in the recent past becuase by that logic we wouldn't be able to sign any players. We have been so poorly ran the last 5+ years no type of transfer has worked. Now we have what looks like a competent attacking manager players like Casimero should be worth their weight in gold.

Also the people comparing this to a short term signing similar to Cavani and Ronaldo are way off the mark. Ronaldo and Cavani came at an age where Casimero would be at the end of his Utd contract, not the beginning. They were also attackers which massively favours the younger age over more defensively minded deeper players where you could argue they get better with age. If we got 3/4 years of him at his very best that is more than enough time to get us back to where we want to be and it would be worth it. I also reckon that would be the least you would get, I wouldn't be surprised to get another 2/3 years out of him after that for a total of 5/7 years of top player in position us fans have literally been crying out for the past 5 years.

Milan let Pirlo go on a free when he was 32 as they thought he was going to be winding down and over the next 4 years he went on to have some of the best years of his career at Juventus which reignited their dominance. Looking at it they actually hadn't won Serie A since 2005/2006 and then Pirlo arrived in 2011 and they then won it all 4 years he was there.

Get him in!
Bang fecking on

Tony247

That's on him. You just can't afford not to see our glaring weakness. It was quite clear we needed a new midfield . If it took 3 months to know.about it for a coach like him , then I do have worries.
It's difficult to believe but if true then we should be seriously worried.

Lord Zlatan

We need this signing. First to prove that we can still actually sign a fecking player, another collapsed deal just adds to the sense of panic. Secondly, we need to shore that midfield up immediately. Another couple of hidings and we are in real trouble. Assuming the news about Radcliffe is true then the fact that this is a relatively short term signing (2-3 years) is less important as hopefully much better investment is on the way. At this point the now is more urgent that the future.

RedMilo

You’re advocating signing a player that Brighton will demand big money for on the basis of one performance at Old Trafford. The boat for picking up as a gamble has gone. How much money do you think we’d have to spend on him? If he fails we’re no better off.

His family are United fans? Seriously? You think that plays any role. The player himself being a fan means next to nothing. You are advocating splashing £50m on a gamble on one game and his family being fans. You really can’t claim the intellectual high ground here.
:lol: I have

Status
Not open for further replies.