Champions League Final 2019 | Spurs v Liverpool (1st June)

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
City are a better team than Spurs and Spurs won. Juventus are a better team than Ajax and Ajax won. What's your point?
I am just analyzing recent trends in recent cup finals. The weaker teams got thrashed.

How did Barca v Valencia go again? PSG v Rennes?

Cup finals are cup finals, all about the day and who us settles first as first goal is usually crucial.

Yes Liverpool is better but I wouldn't say it's a massive mismatch given Spurs have knocked out Man. City and Ajax who are pretty decent and in remarkable fashion.
Spanish and French league is not in my algorithm because they are not English team.

jackwanson

Supports
Man City
I cant wait for this match. Cheering for Liverpool hard. They deserve it. I became quite a huge liverpool fan this season tbh. Not a fan of their supporters per se but love their players.

I mean how can you hate Salah or Virgil? Let's be honest. We all agree that Salah and Virgil more likable than Young and Pogba?

jackwanson

Supports
Man City
Nope, we will see who is right at the end of this game and see if the results of my algorithm is true.
Hahaha. No disrespect but that's not what an algorithm is. Haha.

Algorithm is me analyzing the momentum curve of liverpool if they happen to lose the CL final and the repercussions of it. That's a formula that details the results of a potential liverpool loss.

You saying liverpool will win because previous favorites won the most recent Cup is just educated opinion based on past events that had a high percentage of results supporting your opinion.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hahaha. No disrespect but that's not what an algorithm is. Haha.

Algorithm is me analyzing the momentum curve of liverpool if they happen to lose the CL final and the repercussions of it. That's a formula that details the results of a potential liverpool loss.

You saying liverpool will win because previous favorites won the most recent Cup is just educated opinion based on past events that had a high percentage of results supporting your opinion.
"Formula" :lol::lol::lol: I doubt you've ever seen an actual algorithm in your life.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Chelsea and Manchester City results shows that people expecting a Spurs win show keep their hope in check. Chelsea are a better team than Arsenal and Chelsea won. Man City is a better team than Watford and City won. Liverpool is a better team than Spurs, so the conclusion should not be that difficult to make.
Yeap it looks that way unfortunately,wouldnt be surprised if its a comfortable win for them.

CognitiveNeuro

Not sure if I posted this already but seriously have a bad feeling about this game....really feel Spurs are gonna win this with a late goal from Dele Alli or something like that. Klopp just doesn't do finals. Just feel he struggles with the changes Pochettino makes tactically and Spurs will feel like out of everyone they could have faced in a CL Final, Liverpool are the most beatable for them.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Klopp Vs Poch Battle of the Super Managers - Channel 4 22:00

Poch

Supports
Spurs
Spurs are going to do it, never been more confident, our spirit will see us through.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Spurs are going to do it, never been more confident, our spirit will see us through.
Prepare yourself for having that quoted and mocked come Saturday night :)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
We're not generally expected to win, so as I see it the pressure is mostly on Liverpool - especially given Klopp's record in losing finals.

I wouldn't be surprised if their players are more nervous than ours. So if we can relax and just let our play flow freely, without tension, we'll have a decent chance of winning.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I cant wait for this match. Cheering for Liverpool hard. They deserve it. I became quite a huge liverpool fan this season tbh. Not a fan of their supporters per se but love their players.

I mean how can you hate Salah or Virgil? Let's be honest. We all agree that Salah and Virgil more likable than Young and Pogba?

Haha Man City fan rooting for Liverpool.

I’m sure you will settle well in here :D

Inter Yer Nan

I find Salah to be one of the most unlikable players anywhere. Selfish player, very petulant and a huge cheat. His cheating is even more annoying too.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Still can't believe these 2 are in the final tbh.
If your house was at stake and you had to name one, just one, team that was likely to make the CL final 2020 who would it be? No ifs and buts. Just name one team today. Honestly, remembering what's at stake.

Red00012

“They deserve it “ possibly one of the most annoying 3 words together.

Spurs have spent feck all and have reached a CL final , maybe “they deserve it “ :houllier:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If your house was at stake and you had to name one, just one, team that was likely to make the CL final 2020 who would it be? No ifs and buts. Just name one team today. Honestly, remembering what's at stake.
2020? Manchester City.

NinjaFletch

I find Salah to be one of the most unlikable players anywhere. Selfish player, very petulant and a huge cheat. His cheating is even more annoying too.
Yeah, exactly. Plus his holier than thou bullshit. On the whole I don't really mind most of this Liverpool side, beyond the fact that they play for Liverpool, but Salah is a giant cnut by any metric.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I have to say, this is probably the best football forum, in part becuase of the large number of opposition fans on here but some definitely take the piss. Those kinds of comments would likely get you thrown off most forums pretty quickly. :lol:

Liverpool clear favourites for this match but stranger things have definitely happened. If we win, I feel it will be after going down a goal. And the players must believe. After being minutes away from elimination for half the group stage and every knockout stage except against Dortmund, I hope the players feel it is destiny.

Dolf

Klopp is a serial loser. He doesn't win because if he wins he is no longer the likeable underdog. If he wins people will actually expect results the next season.

Spurs to win this.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
We're not generally expected to win, so as I see it the pressure is mostly on Liverpool - especially given Klopp's record in losing finals.

I wouldn't be surprised if their players are more nervous than ours. So if we can relax and just let our play flow freely, without tension, we'll have a decent chance of winning.
Both teams will be nervous and first goal will be crucial Id say.
Spurs will be the underdogs which will suit them but liverpool have the CL final experience.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m out all day and then back home to watch the final. My housemate organised a bbq which I should miss most of it but is possibly leading a party into the later evening clashing with this. Is it rude if I ignore the gathering when I get home and go watch this in my room? None of them like football.

Yeah, feck it. It’s not rude.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Really easily 'cos he's a diving little prick. I prefer Young to him (young is just kinda bland but at least he's not diving any longer) and VVD is excellent but what am I meant to like about him? Pogba at least has a personality.

Also, if Liverpool 'deserve it' then how on earth do we not? We've assembled a team far more cheaply and have a significantly lower wage budget. We deserve it on merit more than they do.

Not that this actually means zilch.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Liverpool have plenty of spirit of their own .. they reversed a 3-0 deficit vs Barcelona ffs. Both teams have that in spades.

I admire your optimism but personally I view this as a bit of a free shot, Liverpool are big favourites and SHOULD be winning this game. All the pressure is on them and I don't expect to win at all.

If we do? Incredible.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Barca (if they get De Ligt to go along with Frenkie De Jong).

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Really easily 'cos he's a diving little prick. I prefer Young to him (young is just kinda bland but at least he's not diving any longer) and VVD is excellent but what am I meant to like about him? Pogba at least has a personality.

Also, if Liverpool 'deserve it' then how on earth do we not? We've assembled a team far more cheaply and have a significantly lower wage budget. We deserve it on merit more than they do.

Not that this actually means zilch.
And Salah / Young can't hold a candle to Kane. The worst diving cnut in world football just behind Neymar.

You don't hear about it because you know, white, English, etc.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And Salah / Young can't hold a candle to Kane. The worst diving cnut in world football just behind Neymar.

You don't hear about it because you know, white, English, etc.
:lol: Salah has dived more this season alone than Kane has his entire career.

Kane dives, not a fan of it but it does happen. With Salah it's every few weeks though.

And I don't expect rival fans to find Kane likeable. The point is it's really not hard to hate Salah because he's a bit of a cheat, and was a massive whiny baby to boot after the Ramos incident.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
That's literally one if. Can you count?

They already have Frenkie. It's all dependent on whether or not they sign De Ligt, if they do I'd back them to get a CL final for sure.
I counted two players therefore two ifs not one. Can you count, or follow simple rules? :p

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I counted two players therefore two ifs not one. Can you count, or follow simple rules? :p
One of those players has already joined the club. I said 'to go along with' the signing of De Jong, implying that's already happened.

Did you not know De Jong joined Barca? It's been a while.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
One of those players has already joined the club. I said 'to go along with' the signing of De Jong, implying that's already happened.

Did you not know De Jong joined Barca? It's been a while.
No I didn't know. If he's already joined why mention him. By bringing him into the conversation you made him an if.

So you vote for a bottling CL team (I guess you have experience in that field :)) and VorZakone so far votes for a team that has never reached a final in their history despite the 1bn spent. I'm enjoying this, erm, WUM. :cool::nervous: