Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Juventus

Member 5225

Bet on Barca for the CL earlier in the season - shall I cashout or will Barca defo do it?

Nedved

While Chiellini's injury certainly is a blow, the replacement Barzagli has been the best and most consistent defender in Italy over the past five years, and certainly one of the best defenders in Europe during this period. Only his current fitness might be a problem since he's missed most of the season due to injury.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
While Chiellini's injury certainly is a blow, the replacement Barzagli has been the best and most consistent defender in Italy over the past five years, and certainly one of the best defenders in Europe during this period. Only his current fitness might be a problem since he's missed most of the season due to injury.
true... i think the biggest problem is that Barzagli himself is not 100% fit, so if he gets injured in the first 20-30 minutes, well, that would be a big early headache for Allegri. Hopefully he can play the 90+ minutes at good level though.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Italian class versus Spanish nonchalance :drool: Messi with a fecking backpack ffs :lol: Both teams arrived safely in Berlin today.

Kakeru

What is that from Barcelona? They really look like a bunch of convicts (I see the Con Air reference).

Brophs

The One and Only
Next we'll see Suarez walking behind Messi, holding his pocket.

Cait Sith

Any particular reason why the CL final was scheduled so late this season? I don't remember it ever being this late. Took a lot of hype out of it. Season feels long over.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Any particular reason why the CL final was scheduled so late this season? I don't remember it ever being this late. Took a lot of hype out of it. Season feels long over.
Maybe because the Copa del Rey final was scheduled so late, and the whole strike situation in Spain? Or was it always going to be this late? I agree with you though, should've been last week. I think last year's final was 24th of May iirc...

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Maybe because the Copa del Rey final was scheduled so late, and the whole strike situation in Spain? Or was it always going to be this late? I agree with you though, should've been last week. I think last year's final was 24th of May iirc...
The Italian season finished last weekend too. Next years final will be earlier due to the European championships starting in June.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Barca is gonna beat Juve, I dont see much of a contest. Neymar will open the scoring before Juve pull one back. Suarez and Messi to cap off the match with two sensational goals.

3 - 1 to Barca.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I feel it might be Buffon and Pirlo's day today. Two legends of the game.

Haddock

Say what you will about the Italians but they know how to dress.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Win or lose I hope this isn't Luis Enrique's last game in charge.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Why would it be?
There are presidential elections this year and the elected president may want his own chosen manager in charge. He may for whatever reason decide to walk after tonight's game win or lose.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There are presidential elections this year and the elected president may want his own chosen manager in charge. He may for whatever reason decide to walk after tonight's game win or lose.
Ah, interesting.

I can't imagine anyone getting shot of someone who just won the league & champs league though. Even Madrid or Chelsea are not that crazy.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ah, interesting.

I can't imagine anyone getting shot of someone who just won the league & champs league though. Even Madrid or Chelsea are not that crazy.
Yeah, I hope the president, whoever it is, keeps him maybe even extends his contract which runs out in 2016.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They wouldn't schedule CL final based on one league's calendar. It's that 2014 was a World Cup year and they simply wanted to extend players holidays so they made CL play a week later. A lot of leagues (Spain included) followed the path.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Dani Alves.

Jacob

Barca better win, don't want Pogba to have a CL title.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Anyone knows of a cool place in Berlin to watch the match? @Balu maybe?
Nope, sorry. I haven't been in Berlin for a football match since the World Cup in 2006 and then I either had tickets or just went to the main, official fanzone.