Champions League QFs (11th - 19th April)

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
breaking news: the video clip of CR after
Just saw some of the decisions. Couldn't have happened to a better team. I have zero sympathy for Bayern. Anyone who has needs to remember how that cnut Ribery got Rafael sent off which turned the tie on its head.
I remember clearly, Ribery forced his jersey in Rafaels hand and dragged him across the midfield. Most disgusting thing i ever saw.
Remember when Bayern players came over to Arsenal fans and taunted them? Bayern got what they deserve. Club full of c*nts that are unlikeable.
Actually no i don't. What game do you mean? Was it that one?
http://www.givemesport.com/987342-o...-arsenal-fans-after-bayern-munich-humiliation

or was it that one?
http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story...ayers-on-team-bus-after-crystal-palace-defeat

News from the medical department:
- The video of CR celebrating after beeing utter shyte all evening and scoring a few offside goals has been approved in 98 countries as treatment for food poisoning. Most doctors still prefer gastric lavage as it is less harsh on the patient.

- Neuer broke his foot shortly before the 3-2. Out for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
“When Madrid got scared, the referee began his show. This robbery can’t happen in the Champions League, we felt it a lot and you start to wonder a bit. When [referees] embarrass you like that, it’s really hard to take. It makes you very angry” – Vidal
:lol: Says one of the biggest cnuts in football who thinks it's perfectly fine to cheat the ref and opponent by diving - but only when it's for his team, not for the opponent.

Apart from this personified hypocrisy: Introduction of video technology is long, long overdue.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Across 2 legs : Real Madrid - Bayern Munich
Possession : 50 - 50
Shots Taken : 53 - 43
Shots on Target : 23 - 5
Corners : 11 - 18
Fouls : 14 - 33

Z_Wolf

Sick of Barca and Madrid fans moaning. For me, both clubs are UEFA's darlings.

is this the competition we're fighting to get into?

VP

Real Madrid really enjoy a charmed relationship with the Champions League.

When was the last time they won the competition and were actually the best team in Europe or even their country?

rollingstoned1

Another UCL tie ruined by refereeing, this is becoming a bit of a meme now. On the balance of decisions it does appear as though contentious borderline decisions seem to go in Madrid and Barca's favour more often than not and maybe this is a coincidence but I don't buy that this is only because they 'attack more'. Getting pretty sick of it tbh and it is about time to introduce video replays and to retrospectively punish diving, play-acting, simulation and gamesmanship so that no one can whine that they were on the wrong end of decisions after the game has ended. I think it will happen in around 2 years but for a game that has such high stakes it beggars belief why it hasn't happened sooner.

NK86

breaking news: the video clip of CR after

I remember clearly, Ribery forced his jersey in Rafaels hand and dragged him across the midfield. Most disgusting thing i ever saw.

Yes that is what happened and not that there was a shoulder challenge with both Ribery and Rafael challenging and Rafael actually catching up and matching Ribery's pace until that cnut pulled up and whinged that he wasn't not allowed to get away with the defender actually defending.

Dragged him across the midfield :lol:

As I said, couldn't have happened to a better team. Bunch of cheaters and whigners.

NK86

:lol: Says one of the biggest cnuts in football who thinks it's perfectly fine to cheat the ref and opponent by diving - but only when it's for his team, not for the opponent.

Apart from this personified hypocrisy: Introduction of video technology is long, long overdue.
You couldn't even write the outrage over here. It's like half of them have never seen Bayern play. A team with Ribery and Robben can never be holier than thou.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Across 2 legs : Real Madrid - Bayern Munich
Possession : 50 - 50
Shots Taken : 53 - 43
Shots on Target : 23 - 5
Corners : 11 - 18
Fouls : 14 - 33
Limiting Bayern to 5 shots on target in 210 minutes of football is one hell of an achievement.

prtk0811

Just saw some of the decisions. Couldn't have happened to a better team. I have zero sympathy for Bayern. Anyone who has needs to remember how that cnut Ribery got Rafael sent off which turned the tie on its head.
What about nani red card ?

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
We were down to 10 men in both legs. Of course Real had more shots on goal.

gaucho_10

We were down to 10 men in both legs. Of course Real had more shots on goal.
But it wasn't by accident. First game all was clear, second game you should have been down to 10 men in 48th minute.

montpelier

Probably just offside.

But these aren't easy decisions in real time.

Video technology is needed.
We are gonna overturn a decision based on that? It's a hairs breadth in a freeze frame with no accounting for the foreshortening of angle or anything.

I think he was comprehensively off because the phase of play thing shouldn't put him back onside again but that isn't what we're looking at here,

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
It was so good to see top quality football again.

Sometimes we are starved from this in the Premier League and in other League.

Yesterday it was just excellent.

Some of the best players in the world, probably two of the best three teams (with Juve) in Europe playing each other.

I just hope that one day United will be back at this level again.

Eddy_JukeZ

Was going to start a thread, but rather comment in here.

Is this 1 of the best Champions League campaigns ever?

There's been so many exciting games. Plenty of drama. Goals and great play. Think it's the best one I've watched.

Crossie

Supports
You couldn't even write the outrage over here. It's like half of them have never seen Bayern play. A team with Ribery and Robben can never be holier than thou.
Where is 'here'? Germany?

NK86

What about nani red card ?
In that case at least the player was not trying to roll around like he has been shot. The ref was an absolute idiot. Not that it mattera but I think both Real and Bayern deserve every last bit of poor decisions they get.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How did Casemiro managed to stay on the field? Only the ref would know.
That is the worst part, Vidal was sent off for a soft foul, but he should have gone before. However Real should have been down to 10 men as well. The referee bottled the idea of sending a Real player off. My god the referee on Sunday night is going to need some balls.

Javi

Nope. Imo Casemiro blocked Robben's path towards the ball with his leg. Boateng didn't do that.
Then you didn't look close enough. Boateng's block is at Casemiro's knee so it's impossible for the Brazilian to move where as Robben could've easily stayed on his feet.

Crossie

Supports
How reliable is the Marca story that three Bayern players stormed into the referees' dressing room and ranted at them

If true, I suppose they's be banned for some games.

Godfather

The whinging from Bayern fans is a bit over the top. Ronaldo's second goal should have never stood. I'll give you that. Other than that everything is very debatable. Ronaldo's third goal was just inches offside. Very hard to tell. Vidal's second yellow was fair. God Asensio first. THEN the ball. And probably should have been off quite some time before that. Robben's penalty? Soft as hell. Bayern got a penalty in the first leg as well that shouldn't have been given.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
You look at English football and this game and you realise how far behind the PL still is.
Yep the quality in both legs was very high.

Football does go in cycles though. Look at Barcelona; quite a lot of shite has creeped into their squad.

prtk0811

The whinging from Bayern fans is a bit over the top. Ronaldo's second goal should have never stood. I'll give you that. Other than that everything is very debatable. Ronaldo's third goal was just inches offside. Very hard to tell. Vidal's second yellow was fair. God Asensio first. THEN the ball. And probably should have been off quite some time before that. Robben's penalty? Soft as hell. Bayern got a penalty in the first leg as well that shouldn't have been given.
Casemiro should have been sent off way earlier as well.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Before the red I was going to tweet that Kasai had done a great job of keeping all 11 on the pitch for both teams. The fact is that both Vidal and Casemiro pushed the line very close and one of them was always going to pay the price. Lets not forget that the first leg penalty was never a handball and even the second leg penalty was a dodgy. There was an offside in the Bayern second goal as well. To talk about conspiracy in a tie in which you got two pens and an off side goal yourself is utterly hilarious.

prtk0811

We are gonna overturn a decision based on that? It's a hairs breadth in a freeze frame with no accounting for the foreshortening of angle or anything.

I think he was comprehensively off because the phase of play thing shouldn't put him back onside again but that isn't what we're looking at here,
If the positioning of the lineman is noted,it's very easy to understand why he got it wrong.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Well. He's right. And he's still a cnut about it. Bayern has the chance to win the trophy next year, but being a
Lots of conspiracy theories, sure we need technologies to help the referees, but to read posts here complaining that the Spanish teams only win because they are helped is too much for me.

Truth of the matter is, sure Bayern has more to complain over 2 legs than Madrid, but Spanish teams win more because they play more, if people posting here really believe they only win because they cheat or are helped, I don't understand why are they always wanting to bring players and coaches from there if they are all so bad.

By the way, the team I like more in Spain is Bilbao, so I do not feel I am biased towards Madrid or Barcelona, since I am not even spanish.

Bring on the Video Ref to help, and to clean up these conspiracies.
Are you mad? Bayern ran more, they passed more, Bayern was making the plays at Madrid yesterday. On their turf. In an away game. Who the feck is playing more than spanish teams? Bayern is. Jesus Christ... the gut to come here and claim Madrid was making the plays.

prtk0811

Why aren't the refs accountable? Why teams are not allowed to grade the performance after the match officially and only good grading refs get further matches. Why ain't their match fee cut for bad performances.

Robertd0803

Madrid were there for the taking last night up until the red card. They were really all over the place and didn't seem to have any notion of what to do. After the red card it was almost inevitable that they would score a few. Vidal should have been sent off before the actual red card anyway so they cant have any complaints about it being a poor decision. Ronnies 2nd and 3rd goal had a hint of offside about them and could have gone either way :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No sympathy for Bayern whatsoever.

Looking forward to Juve/Barca tonight but expect some extremely odd decisions to go in favour of Barcelona and they end up going through.