Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

ti vu

Jesus, I forgot how crap they've been in the first half of the season.
They're still crap in other games that they don't fancy it. Thing is when it matters, they're still top team and can't be taken easy based on their form

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
We have but Real are a different team in the knockouts and Ronaldo has picked up his form, as is standard for him.

Not saying (if we beat Juve) that we should go into a match against them beaten but the 2 matches from the group stages don't really reflect what a knockout tie would be like.
This is true. But IF we get past Juve then I really wouldn't mind us being drawn against RM again.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They're still crap in other games that they don't fancy it. Thing is when it matters, they're still top team and can't take easy based on their form
Yeah, I was more teasing Glaston there. Said before the knockout that they are still the team to beat. And I think they become even more dangerous after this.

Eire Red United

This is true. But IF we get past Juve then I really wouldn't mind us being drawn against RM again.
If Spurs get past Juve and fair play if they do, they’re going to be facing a different Real this time obviously and unfortunately for Spurs they would be brought crashing down to earth.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
If Spurs get past Juve and fair play if they do, they’re going to be facing a different Real this time obviously and unfortunately for Spurs they would be brought crashing down to earth.
Maybe, maybe not. Spurs are a better team than PSG.

A-man

Benzema's goalscoring form might have been a bit poor, but that shouldn't dismiss his general contribution for RM's build-up play for many of their goals The guy isn't even a striker nowadays. Goals doesn't tell the full story when it comes to Benzema anyway. The eye test is more reliable to recognize on what Benzema does for RM.
He was very good today. He sucks in any ball and it seems really difficult to steal it from him. But with all those qualities, he needs to step up on the goalscoring. He has seceral opportunities but has lost that touch. Anyway, good game today.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So my last 8 prediction

Real Madrid (Q)
Liverpool (Q)
Manchester City
Manchester United
Barcelona
Juventus
Bayern Munich
Roma

>

Real Madrid v Manchester City
Barcelona v Liverpool
Bayern Munich v Juventus
Manchester United v Roma

>

Real Madrid v Barcelona
Bayern Munich v Manchester United

>

Real Madrid v Manchester United

El Pasillo

He was very good today. He sucks in any ball and it seems really difficult to steal it from him. But with all those qualities, he needs to step up on the goalscoring. He has seceral opportunities but has lost that touch. Anyway, good game today.
Wouldn't really say that Benzema had 'seceral opportunities' during today's game tbh.

He had only 1 chance from a difficult angle where Areola made a great save.

Otherwise, Benzema had a very good game tonight but it will be swept under the rug by his detractors (as usual)...

Jayus20

Supports
Liverpool
I think my ideal tournament for us would be Shaktar/Roma in quarters, Bayern in Semi's and then Barcelona or Madrid in the final.

El Pasillo

Benzema's heatmap against PSG today.

I dunno why people suggest that Benzema is a striker, pure #9 or whatever when he doesn't act like one?

He usually spends most of the time at the left wing whereas Cristiano takes spaces centrally.

The likes of Lewandowski, Harry Kane, Icardi etc. won't accommodate Cristiano, would might be an another Morata situation.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
When did Spurs beat Barca?
I see. Ironically I think Jose would do well to suppress Madrid specially at home. Spurs have thoroughly embarrassed them but that was earlier. Now it's the business end and they've decided to turn up again.

Canagel

So my last 8 prediction

Real Madrid (Q)
Liverpool (Q)
Manchester City
Manchester United
Barcelona
Juventus
Bayern Munich
Roma

>

Real Madrid v Manchester City
Barcelona v Liverpool
Bayern Munich v Juventus
Manchester United v Roma

>

Real Madrid v Barcelona
Bayern Munich v Manchester United

>

Real Madrid v Manchester United

Very wishful thinking but if that was the quarter final draw we'd be laughing so hard at City and Liverpool. Spurs and Juventus could go either way and I agree on the rest. Imagine this as the draw though:
Barcelona vs Real Madrid
Man Utd vs Man City
Liverpool vs Spurs
Roma vs Bayern Munich
The ties are always the same boring ones and some all English ties and all Spanish ties would be welcome for once.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
If Porto hadn't lost 5:0 in Porto they would have had a real chance today.
Why? Do you think that Liverpool would have lined up the same or played at such a low pace had the tie been a lot closer?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Based on what exactly? Are United and Liverpool better than PSG then?
Based on seeing PSG play and seeing Spurs play. IMO we are more cohesive, more resilient and better balanced team than PSG - the latter being more a collection of expensive players.

And yes, probably United and Liverpool would both beat PSG over two legs.

Swift Football

Based on seeing PSG play and seeing Spurs play. IMO we are more cohesive, more resilient and better balanced team than PSG - the latter being more a collection of expensive players.

And yes, probably United and Liverpool would both beat PSG over two legs.
I have not seen PSG apart from CL tie. BUt, I agree with Glaston here that PSG looked pretty spineless, and they played at such a slow pace. Whenever Madrid attacked, they looked quite vulnerbale in both legs. I would think all of United, Liverpool and Spurs would have been much tougher opponent than this PSG team.
ONly thing that impressed me a lot about PSG was- they were quite composed on the ball , and had good passes beating the press near their half.

deafepl

My fantasy dream, quarter-final - City vs Real Madrid, Barcelona vs Manchester United, Roma vs Liverpool, Bayern Munich vs Spurs, Semi-final - Manchester United vs Bayern Munich, Real Madrid vs Roma, the final - Manchester United vs Real Madrid, the winner - Manchester United (become the first non Spanish team to end Spanish dominance successive in UCL followed by Europa League and stop Real Madrid from winning their three UCL in row).

Jose Mourinho will become the first manager to win UCL with different 3 clubs.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Ramos has surpassed Scholes as the player with the most cards received (37) in the history of the UEFA Champions League.

Luke1995

How Di Maria did today ? I couldn't watch the game. As someone who was sad he left United after just one season, I hope his prime is still ahead of him

peridigm

How Di Maria did today ? I couldn't watch the game. As someone who was sad he left United after just one season, I hope his prime is still ahead of him
Not well so I hear. I think his prime has been left behind.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Not in the Champions League I don't see that happening. Madrid with their experience are just bullying teams in the knockout rounds.
We don’t panic against Real Madrid like other teams do. We also have a very experienced core of players ourself (Pique, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi).

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Yes; ideally Spurs get Real. Can English clubs not get each other in the next stage of the draw? I know - we still have to win second leg... but if, if, if...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Madrid are just completely different team in CL KO rounds. Like Jose said, for Barca, Bayern, Madrid CL starts in feb.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I think my ideal tournament for us would be Shaktar/Roma in quarters, Bayern in Semi's and then Barcelona or Madrid in the final.
Of course. If the bolded txt happened (and here I join with you in wishing) then, well... Have a feeling that the semis will be v. an English team. Biggest banana skin of all. If we manage to get to the final, then I don’t care. I’ll enjoy every kick, win, lose or draw. I’ll enjoy any penalty shoot out or parked bus that comes my way. I’ll laugh in the face of every injustice and bad calls by refs. In a final, as they say, wszystko jest możliwe.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We don’t panic against Real Madrid like other teams do. We also have a very experienced core of players ourself (Pique, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi).
Yeah, Barca have very good chance against Madrid. Like you said, they don't panic when playing against Madrid.

For me Barca and Bayern are the teams that can stop Madrid.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah, Barca have very good chance against Madrid. Like you said, they don't panic when playing against Madrid.

For me Barca and Bayern are the teams that can stop Madrid.
Even Bayern in the last seasons has failed against Spanish clubs, at least since Heynckes, now that he is back...