Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
We've gifted Juve the lead in this half - got caught cold very early on, given away the pen they scored from (and the pen they didn't).

But all that aside, I still think Spurs have been the better team ... dominated the play, taken the game to Juve and showed that they can and will crack if put under the kind of pressure they probably rarely face at home in the Italian league.

Dembele has been immense.

We're still in this game and very much still in the tie.

Treble

Brilliant game between Spurs and Juve. Spurs are shocking in their penalty box but great outside it. The way they dominated Juve after 2:0 was impressive. Spurs would have been favourites if they were more experienced. 50:50 now.

NinjaFletch

Higuain missing the penalty after Spurs did something Spursy having got back into the game was a bit like football meme equivalent of the unstoppable object meets the immovable force.

Giggs86

That's Tottenham's chance right there. If they go through after being 2-0 down I may buy in to the pochetinno and Kane hype.

Canagel

Anything can happen going forward in this tie. It's evenly poised. Juventus don't need many chances to score and Spurs will be vulnerable to a sucker punch as they continue to chase the game.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Now I am going to ask the awful question gentlemen. How will we look at our team is god forbid City won everything and what should happen? Just to fill in the half-time break.

redshaw

Good to see Spurs taking it to Juve. Some might be a bit too quick dismissing PL teams. I think this year will have a strong showing.

Toddler

Watching this Tottenham game with fellow United fan, and we basically said at the same time to each other that it's so nice to watch good well balanced teams playing. Especially Tottenham, delightful football. I am so frustrated how boring and in-cohesive Man United has been recently and a very long time to be honest.

Cheers fellow football lovers

redom

Strong performance from Spurs, barring the individual errors from their fullbacks. Pochettino really has done a very good job with them.

Dolf

Aurier has been terrible, we dodged a bullet with that one. Can't cross and a liabilty in the 16.

jungledrums

We've gifted Juve the lead in this half - got caught cold very early on, given away the pen they scored from (and the pen they didn't).

But all that aside, I still think Spurs have been the better team ... dominated the play, taken the game to Juve and showed that they can and will crack if put under the kind of pressure they probably rarely face at home in the Italian league.

Dembele has been immense.

We're still in this game and very much still in the tie.
Spurs have easily been the better team.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Question is will Poch bring on Rose to replace Davies? They need a bit more experience at the back, bad enough with one rash fullback but they're both being targeted.

haram

Someone on here tried to tell me Aurier was the best RB in the league.

Wayne's World

Not sure why people are saying Spurs have been the better team. Yes they have had much of the ball but Juventus look controlled in defense and midfield

Just a typical Italian performance from Juventus

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I like how everyone here is watching the Spurs game as opposed to the City one.:lol:
Wait until tomorrow. There'll be even fewer watching the Liverpool game.
English team are so strong... I think England will dominate Europe soon. I mean maybe we can see 5 teams in 1/4 final

But with the money it was expected we will conquer all other leagues and of course with the best managers in the country
Can't see that happening this year with Chelsea facing Barcelona - Barcelona should be too strong. As for next season it'll be tough for Arsenal to win the Europa League with no Lacazette and the competition there.

Even if four teams make it through this year, it'd be huge. Chelsea and Spurs have got two of the toughest fixtures possible so for at least one of them to make it through along with City, Liverpool and United would be big.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Just watched the Basel-city highlights, all three goals were saveable by the keeper, he is just standing and watching for first one, second one he cant get his hand strong and third one, he might see it late, but it is too close to him to not even try.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Never a pen at the end, Aurier got the ball first. I think Lloris got his hands on the ball. Higuain scored two goals, not a bottler today, brilliant game thus far.

mustaine

Aurier has been terrible, we dodged a bullet with that one. Can't cross and a liabilty in the 16.
Him starting any games over Trippier is baffling. Trippier is much better, solid in defence and one of the better attacking full backs out there in my opinion. His crosses are great and his quick thinking gets him into very good positions again and again.

Gomes

Now I am going to ask the awful question gentlemen. How will we look at our team is god forbid City won everything and what should happen? Just to fill in the half-time break.
How many of those "United are wank" questions are you going to ask in this thread?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It will be interesting to see how Allegri changes things at half time, their defending has been very poor.

montpelier

are Davies & Aurier supposed to be more solid defensively? - :rolleyes:

agree about Dembele, playing very well atm

did someone say Fellaini plays ahead of him for Belgium, :eek:

Nedved

Juventus are missing Matuidi more than anyone else (including Dybala). Pjanic and Khedira can launch counters, but they can’t defend vs Eriksen and Dembele. It’s like the CL final vs Real.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
With utter disgust.
It's a funny one, if they do it they likely would deserve to do it. Yet I would be horrified with my own team for lacking fight, because that's what it is. The management, players and the club would need to take a good look at themselves.