Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

Canagel

City very shaky in defence, lucky to lead 3:0.
Finally someone watching Man City. Apparently they should've conceded a penalty too. Everything is going their way this season. Referees, last minute goals, lack of injuries and quick recovery to key players.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Juve will be a lot more tired from that half than they're used to - or so I imagine. They did a lot of chasing around, which often happens with teams that face Spurs.

So my hope is that this will tell 2nd half - especially if we bring Son or Moura on.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Juventus are missing Matuidi more than anyone else (including Dybala). Pjanic and Khedira can launch counters, but they can’t defend vs Eriksen and Dembele. It’s like the CL final vs Real.
So true. Nobody seems to have his profile within your squad

iam_kramer

I'm not so sure taking a goal back home having lost is that good a deal for away teams anymore. Especially against top teams, the top team will most likely score against you at your place anyway. Top teams usually score. A draw is a good result, a 2-2 would surely make Spurs faveourite, but surely not as it stands.

Juve have been quite poor yet still had the best chances, Spurs starting like that is unforgivable, Davies has offered width in attack but his quality and assuredness has left much to be desired. The way they have come back into the game is commendable though, but it's not enough for them yet I don't think.

ash_86

Gotta give it out to Tottenham. When they went down by two goals in first 10, most teams would've given up. They stuck to their plan and look like a better team.

AllezLesDiables

are Davies & Aurier supposed to be more solid defensively? - :rolleyes:

agree about Dembele, playing very well atm

did someone say Fellaini plays ahead of him for Belgium, :eek:
We’re coached by Martinez so instead of a Dembele KDB Nainggolan midfield in a 433 or 352 we’ll get the ‘fro boys and Timmy Simons

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Never a pen at the end, Aurier got the ball first. I think Lloris got his hands on the ball. Higuain scored two goals, not a bottler today, brilliant game thus far.
He's nowhere near the ball and just lifted Costa in the air :lol:

Lyricist

Never a pen at the end, Aurier got the ball first. I think Lloris got his hands on the ball. Higuain scored two goals, not a bottler today, brilliant game thus far.
Good luck for the second half, Serge! Nice to hear from you during half time.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
So, Juventus are facing Spurs with a midfield two of Khedira and Pjanic? I know they're not Pogba, but even so…

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Aurier to miss the return leg, Juventus will be gutted he got booked there

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It goes from bad to worse for Juve. First the penalty miss and now Aurier misses the second leg.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Atleast when we failed to win at Juve in 2006, we were 2-0 up from the first leg. :drool:

mav_9me

Spurs got lucky there. Aurier misses next match with this yellow.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
You think? Higuain should have 4 right now.
I think Spurs with some experience and confidence would be winning this. I don't think this Juve team is as that strong as it has a lot of big players missing. They're gettable but I don't know if Spurs have the belief they can do this.

iam_kramer

Aurier is poor. Does he offer enough in attack to have him messing up the defence? I haven't seen enough of him really.

jungledrums

Not sure why people are saying Spurs have been the better team. Yes they have had much of the ball but Juventus look controlled in defense and midfield

Just a typical Italian performance from Juventus
You’re doing well in this thread, two rubbish posts. When’s the third coming?

Ainu

Not sure why people are saying Spurs have been the better team. Yes they have had much of the ball but Juventus look controlled in defense and midfield

Just a typical Italian performance from Juventus
Juve have looked anything but controlled in defence and midfield for a good spell in the first half. They were just hoofing the ball away, straight into Spurs players. Dembele easily won that midfield battle.